Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is beautiful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a hard time believing there's no instrument cluster...unless it's going to have a HUD. That would be amazing.

I'm not sold on the rear at all. Reminds me of the old BMW 318ti. It just feels lopped off. I'm not going to cancel my reservation just yet. A lot can change between now and the final production version.
Remember this is just this a prototype mockup it will still have to have an instrument panel in front of the driver if not the driver would have to keep looking to the right and their eyes wound be leaving the driving area.

I think the proportions are perfect, as for the styling, maybe that will change a little by the time of the release but I think it is pretty classic and will grow on a lot people who aren't sure yet.

I see this as a compelling package for the price and think Tesla has moved us another small step further into the future.

I'm intrigued. For the moment I will leave it at that, especially remembering how much the Model S changed from prototype to production version. Of course, I am sure, the differences between the Model 3 prototype(s) (especially interior) and the production version will be more subtle than on the S, but still. Things might still change for the better or the worse.
As it stands, as I said, I am intrigued....positively that is :)

Reactions: qqstormus2
Remember this is just this a prototype mockup it will still have to have an instrument panel in front of the driver if not the driver would have to keep looking to the right and their eyes wound be leaving the driving area.
A centered instrument cluster has been done before in a production car. While I think it might end up with one in front of the driver there's no legal reason why they would have to put one there. Look up some pictures of the old Saturn Ion interior. Center cluster with nothing in front of the driver. I presume this makes it easier to adapt for RHD applications as well.

saturn-ion-interior-3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: pmadflyer
I don't think tesla thought this one through.

Right... Tesla didn't just spent YEARS designing this thing. They probably just mindlessly hacked something together late last week, "Crap, we need to reveal something next week! But don't give it any thought, it's not like we're betting the entire company on this car or something."

Obviously they thought it through. Whether it meets your needs or not remains to be seen once we get the production version. It's like the X. It's perfect for my needs because it's a people-hauler, not a cargo hauler. But for those who wanted folding seats, Tesla "didn't think it through." They can't design the perfect car for everyone, but this one clearly hit close enough. So much so, in fact, that I tried to find justification for a second car in our household. (I failed. One car is enough.)

I love it!

That dark gray is just bad-ass, I might be getting the silver one though, red somehow doesn't work for me, interested in white also.

I'm surprised at center 'tunnel' in front, guess they needed space to put some internals.

Some angles need some getting used to, otherwise 10/10.

Now I wait for part two! And more pics and videos.

Reactions: ankitmishra
I don't think tesla thought this one through. Looks like the trunk will not allow the full opening due to the single piece of glass in the rear.

Some engineer (Three days before production begins): "Hey Mr. Musk, did you realize we can't open the trunk? It's one piece of glass!"
Elon: "Holy s**t young engineer, you're right! I can send people to space but I never thought about how to open the trunk!"

Dude, are you for real? Perhaps you haven't thought things through...You understand what a concept is and how this works, right?

The mission E is much better looking

How many people can fit into a Mission E?