Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 landed in a pond - Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So would the headline read "Drunk Ford Driver" if he had been driving a Ford? Silly question -- there wouldn't even BE a headline.

Managing to get your vehicle airborne always gives you a good chance to make the local news, even if you don't die or kill someone:

Woman's airborne car crashes between gas pumps

Airborne truck lands atop car in 'remarkable crash' in Arizona

"Tesla" however is a hot clickbait word in general, and it's still sorta a unique thing to see around, so yeah whether good and bad there's always a higher than usual chance of "Tesla" getting into a headline or mentioned when it's involved in something. It's part of why Tesla doesn't need to spend money on advertising.

Glad driver is OK in this case. Just as a reminder, even if this was indeed a case of impaired driving, this driver is someone's relative, maybe father or son or brother. Too often reading insensitive comments even when there is a fatality.

Reactions: eprosenx
Those were expensive drinks! I don't leave home when I'm having a beer unless someone comes and gets me!

Tesla Announces "Drunk Mode" software update.

<Driver attempts to shift car out of Park> Model 3 - "Oh hell no!"
Driver - "Come on you POS! Why won't you shift?"
Model 3 - "F off! I don't want to die!"

I hope he is OK and a non-cop grabbed his flash drive so we can see the footage someday. Is there a way to password protect and encrypt the drive?
You're making a lot of assumptions! First, he may not have had a drive plugged in, second you assume it was working, third, my guess is that most police departments don't even know the car can record yet.