Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collection Help

Hi all, fairly new to leasing, etc. Bit of backstory.

The company I work for are leasing a Tesla for me through ALD (Tesla Business Contract Hire).

The owner and registered keeper of the vehicle will be ALD, obviously, 'The Lessor'.

'The Lessee' being the company I work for who are maintaining the payments.

My managing director has set up the direct debits and paid the advanced payment, etc, using the company debit card. Collection scheduled for the 30th June.

However, given my name isn't really on anything except the Tesla order, I'm worried that they'll turn me away when I go to collect. Does anyone know what I need to take with me in terms of proof of purchase, etc? Presume proof of motor insurance and driving licence, anything else? Tesla aren't necessarily being forthcoming with info, ALD couldn't give me the answers either.

Anyone with experience of leasing through business contract hire/ALD around that are able to help??

Cheers! :)
The lease Co would normally handle everything, Inc insurance.
Best advice is to give them a quick call for peace of mind.

I don't know much, but from what I understand you cannot change the spec of the car, so you cannot add on FSD post-purchase as this changes the spec of the car.

I can't imagine supercharging or adding on premium connectivity (which really only adds LTE to receive updates and traffic) would change the spec of the car as this is a personal subscription.
Correct.
Connectivity is gratis for the 1st month.
Then about £9 a month after that...payable monthly.

Hi, first post here. Only been glancing at this forum now and then to see what people were saying. Was thinking about getting an M3 when my Merc lease was done next year. The Merc got written off a few days ago by a guy reversing into it (don't ask!) so might join you lot sooner

Is it possible to get a lease deal soon or are people still waiting around months?

Does any specific company have the cheapest lease deals?

Hi all, anyone leased with ZenAuto recently? They have registered in stock Model Ys and I've managed to get one - Just wondering how the process works with Tesla? I got an email granting me access to the car (and shows the VIN) so now the waiting game for delivery...

Hi all, anyone leased with ZenAuto recently? They have registered in stock Model Ys and I've managed to get one - Just wondering how the process works with Tesla? I got an email granting me access to the car (and shows the VIN) so now the waiting game for delivery...
Hopefully not cancelled a RWD. I noticed the stock MY cars and their £200 more with a poor deal so we are prepared to wait as the cars are basically the same and the hole aim is to drive a Tesla.

Last edited:
I have two orders with VWFS. It's basically a race for whichever arrives first...

Tesla M3 RWD - Ordered 12 April - VWFS anticipated delivery date: 01/09/22
Tesla M3 P - Ordered 6 June - VWFS anticipated delivery date; 02/01/23

When I phone Tesla and ask about either order, they don't even have a EDD. Apparently it just shows as blank. Is this the same for everyone else?

I have two orders with VWFS. It's basically a race for whichever arrives first...

Tesla M3 RWD - Ordered 12 April - VWFS anticipated delivery date: 01/09/22
Tesla M3 P - Ordered 6 June - VWFS anticipated delivery date; 02/01/23

When I phone Tesla and ask about either order, they don't even have a EDD. Apparently it just shows as blank. Is this the same for everyone else?
Chat to them again now, mine has just gone from blank to 'September' according to them (I'm lease too). Fingers crossed.

Can anyone give some recent quotes they've been given for Tesla Model 3/Y on salary sacrifice schemes? Want to compare to the company my work are using which I think has an over the top mark up.
Tuskers are quoting (using basic, no extra cost options):
Model 3 RWD: £579
M3 LR: £682
MY LR: £656

Those are with insurance, maintenance, tyres, European roadside assistance and 'lifestyle protection'

The prices are up considerably from when I ordered mine in April (+£80pcm for my spec).

Those are with insurance, maintenance, tyres, European roadside assistance and 'lifestyle protection'

The prices are up considerably from when I ordered mine in April (+£80pcm for my spec).
£168 more than I'm paying for a Model 3 RWD 8K miles 5K upfront. I'm saving around £9000 towards next car compared to a finance deal.

I looked at the stock M Y as have a Model 3 on order with Zen for hundreds less so sticking with the M3.

Last edited:
Reactions: rico365

Are these gross or net figures? It would also be nice to now what the annual mileage and contract lengths are. For comparison, LeasePlan/SalaryPlan are quoting the following net prices with no optional extras (all 10k annual mileage and 36 months):

M3 RWD: £491
M3 LR: £585
M3 P: £584

Insurance, maintenance, tyres and roadside assistance are all included. Not sure why the P model is cheaper than the LR...

Are these gross or net figures? It would also be nice to now what the annual mileage and contract lengths are. For comparison, LeasePlan/SalaryPlan are quoting the following net prices with no optional extras (all 10k annual mileage and 36 months):

M3 RWD: £491
M3 LR: £585
M3 P: £584

Insurance, maintenance, tyres and roadside assistance are all included. Not sure why the P model is cheaper than the LR...
All net figures for 10k over 48 months. Those are good figures in comparison.
What I did find weird was the M3 LR was more expensive than the MY LR. Something like £30 pcm when I ordered my M3 RWD in April.