Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To yours - I'm just cynical tbh :p If they slip too far into November I'll drop my order as it'd be 3 months late from their delivery time frame. Will be carless for a month next week... Zoe's gone (for a good price), so getting a car is quite high priority!
I'm in the same boat as you. My current lease goes back at the end of October, so when I ordered I thought this was perfect timing (as Tesla's site and Zen were both saying October delivery).

I guess we'll both (all) know in the coming days/weeks ...

I'm in the same boat as you. My current lease goes back at the end of October, so when I ordered I thought this was perfect timing (as Tesla's site and Zen were both saying October delivery).

I guess we'll both (all) know in the coming days/weeks ...
I don't know if you saw one of my previous posts on this but often with a lease you can do what's called an 'Informal extension'. Basically means you can extend the lease for a few months without signing a new agreement.

My VW was due to go back at the end of September, but I rang them up and in 5 mins had extended it for two more months (end of November), and they offer up to 3 months on an informal basis. Didn't need to sign anything, they just made a note of it. I did need to get the car MOT'd but my mantinence agreement is still in place for the extra months, and the monthly lease cost is the same.

So a potential solution if Tesla mess us around further.

• Helpful
Reactions: anon37485
I don't know if you saw one of my previous posts on this but often with a lease you can do what's called an 'Informal extension'. Basically means you can extend the lease for a few months without signing a new agreement.

My VW was due to go back at the end of September, but I rang them up and in 5 mins had extended it for two more months (end of November), and they offer up to 3 months on an informal basis. Didn't need to sign anything, they just made a note of it. I did need to get the car MOT'd but my mantinence agreement is still in place for the extra months, and the monthly lease cost is the same.

So a potential solution if Tesla mess us around further.

Yes I did see that, thank you. Unfortunately my current lease is a 3 year, so I don't want to MOT/service it (handing it back a few days early to be inside their T&Cs). Nose, face, we'll see haha

I received exactly the same zen email. I thought.. Meh

I'm so tired now I don't care. Been car less for 2 months now that I'm so used to not having a car I can honestly say I don't need a car anymore. The money saving of having no car is great too. I've adapted, although the rest of the family keep moaning for it to arrive, we don't need one at all.

I know a week into driving though that I'll wonder how I even managed without. I'm gonna ask them light heartedly about cancelling options

I too have received the Zen Auto email. Seems like a few of us are on here. Delivery was estimated for this week as of last week by Zen Auto. They obviously are also dangling on the Tesla “we don’t know - just wait” string. I sometimes feel sorry for Zen Auto as they are always really polite. Then I remember I have paid them money and they have a job to do.

Really not looking forward to having to chase Tesla for my deposit back as I heard they mess people about for weeks. I’ve now paid Tesla £2k and Zen Auto as they took over my reservation.:(

As well as the zen auto delay email ,just had email from tesla asking me to prepare for delivery, no real details though, just a checklist. Anyone had the below ?

Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery
RN***********

If you have already confirmed the listed items, no action is required.

Delivery Location
Confirm your vehicle delivery Location
>
Payment Method
Confirm whether you will pay with Cash, Loan or Lease
>
Registration Documents
Upload all documents related to your registration
>

As well as the zen auto delay email ,just had email from tesla asking me to prepare for delivery, no real details though, just a checklist. Anyone had the below ?

Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery
RN***********

If you have already confirmed the listed items, no action is required.

Delivery Location
Confirm your vehicle delivery Location
>
Payment Method
Confirm whether you will pay with Cash, Loan or Lease
>
Registration Documents
Upload all documents related to your registration
>

Yep I just had exactly the same. Odd as I already have given them all the info.