Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just logged onto my Tesla account.... when you go into the Manage car order details... Looks like the lease company has specified delivery as "No Earlier than 15/11/2019...."

So much for my October delivery... they'll be getting a phone call shortly.

My confirmation from Tesla came through yesterday, as it say it wont be delivered any earlyer than yesterday (26/08/19). I would be impressed if the hit that turn around time!

Its not very usual given i have told the leasing companies i want the car from December onward (due to the end of my current lease)

My confirmation from Tesla came through yesterday, as it say it wont be delivered any earlyer than yesterday (26/08/19). I would be impressed if the hit that turn around time!

Its not very usual given i have told the leasing companies i want the car from December onward (due to the end of my current lease)

It's unusual given that they're sold it to me on October delivery, and that I made it clear I would want it asap as I'll be handing back my car... If they've chosen November that would be a problem.

Very doable if it has 121 miles range on the battery :D

(Hint - Its an Easter egg :p)

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Roy W. and Palros
I hope this makes sense!
In the next few days, I want to put in my order for a M3 SR+. On the website, do you sign up and pay the £2k deposit, then go through the black horse finance options? I assume, if signed up with black horse, upon delivery, I would then get the £2k back (rather than off the car price), as black horse will cover all the payment for the car through the lease?
The reason I ask is that I want as much through finance as possible, so I don't want to pay £2k deposit, then £3k deposit/initial payment for the lease, I want the lease to cover the full value of the car and get my £2k back from Tesla

I hope this makes sense!
In the next few days, I want to put in my order for a M3 SR+. On the website, do you sign up and pay the £2k deposit, then go through the black horse finance options? I assume, if signed up with black horse, upon delivery, I would then get the £2k back (rather than off the car price), as black horse will cover all the payment for the car through the lease?
The reason I ask is that I want as much through finance as possible, so I don't want to pay £2k deposit, then £3k deposit/initial payment for the lease, I want the lease to cover the full value of the car and get my £2k back from Tesla

Hi,

Black Horse aren't offering leases via the website.

If you are using a lease company, you don't have to order directly, you can get them to place the order for you so you don't even put the 2k down. If you do decide to do your own order (2k down) then hand it over to a lease company, you get that 2k back a couple of weeks after getting the car.

Hope that makes sense? Can ping you the contact I used at Octopus to give you a lease quote if that would be of use.

Hi,

Black Horse aren't offering leases via the website.

If you are using a lease company, you don't have to order directly, you can get them to place the order for you so you don't even put the 2k down. If you do decide to do your own order (2k down) then hand it over to a lease company, you get that 2k back a couple of weeks after getting the car.

Hope that makes sense? Can ping you the contact I used at Octopus to give you a lease quote if that would be of use.

That does make sense. Thank you. I thought blackhorse was part of the order process here - Blackhorse Finance Calculator | Tesla UK

I guess best bet is to get the deposit down and sort the finance out after?

That does make sense. Thank you. I thought blackhorse was part of the order process here - Blackhorse Finance Calculator | Tesla UK

I guess best bet is to get the deposit down and sort the finance out after?

As long as you don't mind Tesla holding onto that 2k until around 2 weeks after you get the car then go for it! (that's what I did - got my £2k back around 15 days later)

Don't forget to use a referral code, it should give you and whoever's code you use 1k supercharger miles

Just got a nice surprise logging into my Tesla Account, VIN is now showing :cool:

I used the Tesla VIN check add on for Chrome - so it adds the nice reminder:

"The presence/absence of a provisional VIN doesn't necessarily mean anything." Still cool to see... something.

Reactions: Roy W.
I have leased it with Drive Electric. Have not seen many exact figures in the forum. Does £498pm for a M3 MSM Std+ 18inch aero with 10000 free miles charging through EDF energy, sounds pricey to anyone. I have already signed the lease so at this point will not be able to go back though. One more thing regarding the referral code, the agent at the company said you will be able to add it later through the Tesla account, however now that i have Tesla account i can see that he probably was not speaking the truth and I might have missed the chance to earn 1000 free supercharger miles. :(

The problem with leasing is there will always be someone getting a better deal, as they are always changing. Important thing is if you are happy with the figures, and then best to try not to compare when you see others posting theirs :rolleyes: This is my first time leasing and I didn't haggle at all as I didn't know that was a thing with leasing! PCP and I'm all over drivethedeal and carwow etc :)

You can definitely have the referral added still, it needs to be the lease company (who placed the order) or ask a friendly Tesla salesperson from your local showroom to add for you.

Reactions: ProfessorK