Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does there seem to be any logic to the way Tesla assign the cars or is it just a lottery?
Yes and no. There is some logic in the way cars are assigned, but we don't know what this procedure is so from our point of view it's just guesswork and looking at past orders. I personally don't think it's a complete lottery - there is some method to the madness. It's easy to say it's a lottery when you don't know how they assign cars.

12 weeks could be realistic. The average wait time is 3 months. That white interior could delay your order a bit though.

So I’m picking up on Thursday and have received some documents today from the lease company including the car reg. I don’t have access to a Tesla login for the car though. Is this something that is done during the handover process?

So I’m picking up on Thursday and have received some documents today from the lease company including the car reg. I don’t have access to a Tesla login for the car though. Is this something that is done during the handover process?
Great.. which model did you go for? ... you can set up your account online, with your email - as long as it matches the one you gave the Jesse company... they should have sent you a welcome to Tesla email with the link really... you put your payment info in there for supercharger payments.... download the app which won’t work until you activate it once you get into the car, all will be explained at the presentation before you get your car!

Got matched to a inventory car last week and told delivery will be before 23rd December.

Rang today to get an update to be told that no car is matched to my account and delivery will be end of January / early February!!!

Absolute s##te service.

Got a little Christmas gift In the post from Leaseplan this morning...
539ED8C1-5E92-445A-9DBE-23002534376D.jpeg
5D864B2E-6E44-48BA-83C8-309BC6CE956A.jpeg

Reactions: Chalks99
Anyone have any idea on how long it usually takes for a car to appear in your Tesla account when leasing from Leaseplan? I’ve had the car since Thursday last week but still no car in my account. Leaseplan say it’s out of their hands.

Is the dashcam not a requirement as per your contract/lease though? Probably totally wrong and it's just a gift from them...

I know Evezy require their own dashcam to be fitted and recording at all times, despite the fact that the Model 3 has a built in dashcam. It's part of the agreement/contract

I emailed my broker and they said it was a gift and not part of the agreement. So, even if it is in some small print I couldn't see, I have it in an email.

Anyone have any idea on how long it usually takes for a car to appear in your Tesla account when leasing from Leaseplan? I’ve had the car since Thursday last week but still no car in my account. Leaseplan say it’s out of their hands.
Great.. which model did you go for? ... you can set up your account online, with your email - as long as it matches the one you gave the Jesse company... they should have sent you a welcome to Tesla email with the link really... you put your payment info in there for supercharger payments.... download the app which won’t work until you activate it once you get into the car, all will be explained at the presentation before you get your car!

Hi thanks, I've set up my account with my works email address but there isn't a car linked (yet). Although as others have pointed out it appears that leaseplan aren't great at doing this. Is there anyone else that can comment on this as I potentially need to do a supercharger top up on the way back from collecting today and i'm assuming you need your account to be up and running :-(

I ordered a M3P in black with white interior

The car showing up in the app if you lease: just a note to say I couldn’t get TeslaFi account creation to work until app access was granted at the delivery centre (between reception and the bit before you’re allowed to the car/during presentation - that’s when I got access, but I spoke to the garage guardians immediately after I came through reception - so ymmv).

TeslaFi account creation worked when I got home (damn: I missed my first drive under motorway conditions).

Have the account creation form filled in on a phone browser and hit Commit once granted access sat in the car? If excitement permits you to remember that is....put it on your checklist.

p.s. Three pages of checklists - not a thing wrong...rear outer lights get condensation at home after a drive whilst rainy - but not badly enough to report. Great car.

Picked up car last night, love it already!

Appears leaseplan just put a made up email address on the order through to tesla, even though they have my email address. So now it needs to be amended. Collection guy said it happens all the time with leasing, but now they have a dedicated team that will sort it within 7 days. They have taken my email address and RN number. Not sure i've heard anything here before about a dedicated team but hopefully it will get sorted.

Took delivery of my Salary Sacrifice LeasePlan Model 3 last Wednesday.

Had an email through from LeasePlan today confirming my order has been placed with Tesla. And not to pick it up before they send an insurance certificate across.

WTF?!!

I had a call last week from Tesla to arrange collection, I’ve had it for a fortnight! I wouldn’t worry too much...

• Funny
Reactions: RichKK and pmg102
I ordered my M3P FSD black with white interior through Octopus. They partner with Tusker but all my dealings were with Octopus.

Order 29th September and picked the care up first week December.

Car was visible on the web site a couple of weeks before collection.

So I ordered my new Tesla Model 3 Performance through my Company back in October with a requested delivery date of the 1 March 2020 (can only stomach one month of the taxable benefit and to prudently avoid missing the potential 1 April demand). I've used an intermediary called DriveElectric and the contract will be in place with Leaseplan

With the exception of a signed quote, login to the Tesla website and a payment of £195, I have nothing but a confirmation email to state everything is in order. When should I be expecting documents from Leaseplan to firm things up? I'm sure everything is in order but I don't want to miss a trick anywhere

Just looking for insight from others with similar experience?