Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking at purchasing a standard range plus on a personal lease with 10,000 miles over 48 months with 3k deposit. Zen auto are coming in at £476 and Tesla £442, has anyone seen any cheaper prices quoted?
Just bear the small print in mind. In Tesla it shows total downpayment 6k so it's actually more expensive I think, I don't know why they don't include it in the deposit?
I've done the same as you, but then I checked leasing.com and it was actually cheaper, even without the extra 3k downpayment.

Unless I’m getting this wrong surely the £3k that’s paid by the government isn’t a cost to the consumer as it’s not being paid by them though?

I’m looking at lease deals at the moment and based on what I put in only Tesla’s lease is quite competitive

No Tesla just show it in a daft way on the website where whatever deposit you say you are putting in they include the £3k PICG on top. So if you put in £6k then that’s cost to you.

the total cost of the lease is always £3100 out. See the pic for details

Attachments

• 86E4F834-793C-46A6-ACEF-7B14CF1808E9.jpeg
    86E4F834-793C-46A6-ACEF-7B14CF1808E9.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 75
No Tesla just show it in a daft way on the website where whatever deposit you say you are putting in they include the £3k PICG on top. So if you put in £6k then that’s cost to you.

the total cost of the lease is always £3100 out. See the pic for details
Yes, to be honest everything at the top of your screenshot is irrelevant.

All you need to look at is the estimated monthly amount at the bottom + £3k down payment + £100 order fee.

All is good buddy, well.........

The actual paperwork side with DE was a breeze and I had the signed and completed doc's back from the lenders on the 5th June.

The crazy thing is Tesla are now saying that my car (which was an inventory vehicle and which they have given me the registration number and VIN for) is NOT in the UK.. Very strange...

Still feel pretty chilled as I am not urgent for the car as sharing wifey's and using the bike.

You good??

h

That’s crazy. Nothing surprises me with Tesla though. Part of the fun I guess?!

I picked my M3 up yesterday. Tesla and Electric Auto were great at doing everything they could to help me meet my original delivery date. Really impressed with both.
Hope yours materialises soon.

Hi all, after some advice so hope you don't mind a newbie question.

Was planning to order this week on a business lease but I've just read on this thread to my horror that Tesla don't offer this, so will need to go via a leasing company. My company has been trading just over a year and first years accounts have just hit companies house. Figures are good but I'm concerned about reading most big boys will want 2 years history etc.

Does anyone have any advice about which companies would be good to try for a company with just one years figures?

Thanks

Was planning to order this week on a business lease but I've just read on this thread to my horror that Tesla don't offer this, so will need to go via a leasing company. My company has been trading just over a year and first years accounts have just hit companies house. Figures are good but I'm concerned about reading most big boys will want 2 years history etc.

Does anyone have any advice about which companies would be good to try for a company with just one years figures?

Thanks

Highly recommend Andy Jeffries @ Yorkshire Fleet

He’ll help you with what is or isn’t possible, just give him a call and explain your situation. Great advice and very helpful.

Hello all, just got a few questions regarding the process after ordering a lease,

Placed the order for a M3 Long Range yesterday, through NHS Fleet Solutions, and not sure what the next steps are. I assume that I wait for an email from NHS FS confirming the order and maybe the RN too? Then after I’ve got the RN, I can track by contacting Tesla ?

Beyond that I’m really not sure and so some more info would be appreciated if you can,

Thanks.

Thanks

Hi. I was in a similar situation to you. I wanted to get a lease through my business but didn't realise Tesla didn't offer this. I ordered the car through inventory and then had to organise leasing before I collected.

I went with Drive Electric. There was a BIG back log and 48hr decisions were taking over a week. I was denied initially (it took a week to get to this point), so I appealed and was denied again (this took another week). DE said the lender do not provide any reason why. My company has been going for 5 years, I have a decent net profit and had cash in the bank. What I suspect it might have been is that I don't have any outgoings that improve my credit score. I don't have any outgoings apart from paying myself.

I was forced to abandon DE. Weirdly, they almost seemed happy to lose my custom. I said I was going to opt for a personal lease that I had seen on Electric Auto and gave them the chance to pricematch but they couldn't. I did my application for Electric Auto (Zen Auto) and was approved within an hour or so. They were then fantastic in helping me keep my original collection date and managed to turn everything around really quickly and efficiently.

In short, I would be weary of DE at this time as they use external lease. I see that someone has recommended Yorkshire Fleet. Definitely get in touch with them first.

Good luck!

Reactions: NickName
Highly recommend Andy Jeffries @ Yorkshire Fleet

He’ll help you with what is or isn’t possible, just give him a call and explain your situation. Great advice and very helpful.

Hi. I was in a similar situation to you. I wanted to get a lease through my business but didn't realise Tesla didn't offer this. I ordered the car through inventory and then had to organise leasing before I collected.

I went with Drive Electric. There was a BIG back log and 48hr decisions were taking over a week. I was denied initially (it took a week to get to this point), so I appealed and was denied again (this took another week). DE said the lender do not provide any reason why. My company has been going for 5 years, I have a decent net profit and had cash in the bank. What I suspect it might have been is that I don't have any outgoings that improve my credit score. I don't have any outgoings apart from paying myself.

I was forced to abandon DE. Weirdly, they almost seemed happy to lose my custom. I said I was going to opt for a personal lease that I had seen on Electric Auto and gave them the chance to pricematch but they couldn't. I did my application for Electric Auto (Zen Auto) and was approved within an hour or so. They were then fantastic in helping me keep my original collection date and managed to turn everything around really quickly and efficiently.

In short, I would be weary of DE at this time as they use external lease. I see that someone has recommended Yorkshire Fleet. Definitely get in touch with them first.

Good luck!

Massive thanks to you both for taking the time to help out.

I contacted Andy @ Yorkshire Fleet this morning as recommended and he is sending me over some stuff for an initial application. He was extremely helpful and sounded positive about the situation which is great.

Will update this thread when I've heard more - thanks again!

Reactions: NickName

Thanks
This could work, just take it out in your personal name. Once started change the direct debit to your business bank. The only issue maybe the invoices will be addressed to you instead of your company. I'm sure your accountant can get round that though.

Massive thanks to you both for taking the time to help out.

I contacted Andy @ Yorkshire Fleet this morning as recommended and he is sending me over some stuff for an initial application. He was extremely helpful and sounded positive about the situation which is great.

Will update this thread when I've heard more - thanks again!

Glad to help. I'm sure if he can help then he will, by far my best leasing experience.

That’s crazy. Nothing surprises me with Tesla though. Part of the fun I guess?!

I picked my M3 up yesterday. Tesla and Electric Auto were great at doing everything they could to help me meet my original delivery date. Really impressed with both.
Hope yours materialises soon.

That’s great, you lovin it??

I think it’s gonna be pushing two months before I see mine.

h

As I quite like my M3P, and current deals are about £300 per month more than the deal I got with Leaseplan last September, I thought I'd enquire to see if a lease extension was possible. Was thinking of going from 2 to 3 years.

Leaseplan replied with the option of an "informal lease extension", same deal, same mileage, as long as I want it for after my current deal expires. Hand it back any time afterwards.

I was pretty impressed with that, far more reasonable than I was expecting and gives me some flexibility come lease end date.