Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, after some advice so hope you don't mind a newbie question.

Was planning to order this week on a business lease but I've just read on this thread to my horror that Tesla don't offer this, so will need to go via a leasing company. My company has been trading just over a year and first years accounts have just hit companies house. Figures are good but I'm concerned about reading most big boys will want 2 years history etc.

Does anyone have any advice about which companies would be good to try for a company with just one years figures?

Thanks

I had 4 years trading history as a one man band limited company, Arval refused point blank to lease me an i-pace, whereas Leaseplan accepted me straight away for the Model 3.

You may be able to offer the leasing company a personal guarantee if they wont accept a business lease due to lack of trading, so its still in the business name but if the Company doesn't pay, it falls on you personally.

Hello all, just got a few questions regarding the process after ordering a lease,

Placed the order for a M3 Long Range yesterday, through NHS Fleet Solutions, and not sure what the next steps are. I assume that I wait for an email from NHS FS confirming the order and maybe the RN too? Then after I’ve got the RN, I can track by contacting Tesla ?

Beyond that I’m really not sure and so some more info would be appreciated if you can,

Thanks.

Welcome to the club!
NHS FS will get back in touch with plenty more paperwork for you and your employer. Are you getting a home charger installation too?

Then you need to wait patiently.

Don't expect any updates while you wait. There are too many parties involved for clear line of communication (NHS FS are just an intermediary). Tesla themselves won't talk to you at all as you're not their customer.
You will get a call out of the blue in 2-4 months to tell you that your car is ready for delivery.
By then you will have already spent £300 on accessories.

Welcome to the club!
NHS FS will get back in touch with plenty more paperwork for you and your employer. Are you getting a home charger installation too?

Then you need to wait patiently.

Don't expect any updates while you wait. There are too many parties involved for clear line of communication (NHS FS are just an intermediary). Tesla themselves won't talk to you at all as you're not their customer.
You will get a call out of the blue in 2-4 months to tell you that your car is ready for delivery.
By then you will have already spent £300 on accessories.

Yes, I’m also getting a home Charger, and sounds pretty straight forward, thanks!

As I quite like my M3P, and current deals are about £300 per month more than the deal I got with Leaseplan last September, I thought I'd enquire to see if a lease extension was possible. Was thinking of going from 2 to 3 years.

Leaseplan replied with the option of an "informal lease extension", same deal, same mileage, as long as I want it for after my current deal expires. Hand it back any time afterwards.

I was pretty impressed with that, far more reasonable than I was expecting and gives me some flexibility come lease end date.

Kicking myself that I didn’t enter the lease last year. It’s such an increase over a year.

I'm on my way to getting my first Tesla. I literally cannot sleep through excitement! Anyway, on to leasing...

I originally applied via Lex Auto lease, apparently the cheapest. What my broker declined to tell me was that Lex are currently so far behind that they won't even look at your application for 7 days. I found this out after talking to a new broker. The original broker was telling me that they would talk to the underwriter every few hours and the decision was imminent, total fobbing off.

During this process, I got matched, had a delivery date! Then the match and delivery date cancelled because of no finance details of course. The broker told me that it was ok, he had spoken to Tesla and they "just do that", he said the car was safe and sound with enterprise team.

My scepticism was growing at this point. I called Tesla and yes the vehicle had actually been matched with someone else and collected. Safe in the knowledge now that the first broker was in breach of the order agreement and I wouldn't be liable for the cancellation fee. I instructed a new broker.

What a world of difference this has made, he knew of the lex delays and asked if I would be ok with £3 per month increase with a different financer. I said yes. I was approved within 3 hours, he got me a new RN, got me matched to a new car and delivery date is this coming Friday. Total transparency too as he just forwards the emails he gets direct from Tesla. He also picks up the phone and gives me an update every day, even if nothing has happened. I'm much happier.

The point of this story is if you are leasing, don't choose the best looking ad on Google. Get a recommendation from someone who runs a small business with a few vans etc. Smaller brokers are awesome, where service matters, don't become a number on the monthly sales board, become a name saved in your brokers mobile!

I'm on my way to getting my first Tesla. I literally cannot sleep through excitement! Anyway, on to leasing...

I originally applied via Lex Auto lease, apparently the cheapest. What my broker declined to tell me was that Lex are currently so far behind that they won't even look at your application for 7 days. I found this out after talking to a new broker. The original broker was telling me that they would talk to the underwriter every few hours and the decision was imminent, total fobbing off.

During this process, I got matched, had a delivery date! Then the match and delivery date cancelled because of no finance details of course. The broker told me that it was ok, he had spoken to Tesla and they "just do that", he said the car was safe and sound with enterprise team.

My scepticism was growing at this point. I called Tesla and yes the vehicle had actually been matched with someone else and collected. Safe in the knowledge now that the first broker was in breach of the order agreement and I wouldn't be liable for the cancellation fee. I instructed a new broker.

What a world of difference this has made, he knew of the lex delays and asked if I would be ok with £3 per month increase with a different financer. I said yes. I was approved within 3 hours, he got me a new RN, got me matched to a new car and delivery date is this coming Friday. Total transparency too as he just forwards the emails he gets direct from Tesla. He also picks up the phone and gives me an update every day, even if nothing has happened. I'm much happier.

The point of this story is if you are leasing, don't choose the best looking ad on Google. Get a recommendation from someone who runs a small business with a few vans etc. Smaller brokers are awesome, where service matters, don't become a number on the monthly sales board, become a name saved in your brokers mobile!

Can I ask Who’s your broker as I’m struggling to find anyone that can beat the Tesla price on their website.

Hey, not sure the link works.
Sorry don’t know what happened there!

The broker I’d previously mentioned that worked best for me was Andy Jeffries @ Yorkshire Leasing. Give him a call tomorrow and tell him what your situation is and the price/terms you are trying to meet or better. I’ve no affiliation, just the one that worked best for me and was really helpful. He’s also recently become a Model 3 driver himself so knows how the whole Tesla sales, leasing, ownership and driver thing works.

Reactions: mrobins64495
Sorry don’t know what happened there!

The broker I’d previously mentioned that worked best for me was Andy Jeffries @ Yorkshire Leasing. Give him a call tomorrow and tell him what your situation is and the price/terms you are trying to meet or better. I’ve no affiliation, just the one that worked best for me and was really helpful. He’s also recently become a Model 3 driver himself so knows how the whole Tesla sales, leasing, ownership and driver thing works.

thanks for the Tip, gave him a ring this morning so will see what he can do. Exciting times!

Reactions: NickName
I am leasing through a third party, I have an empty tesla account. In people's experience, how long does it take for Tesla to assign a car? Is it when they arrive in the country (e.g. UK)?
Your online account should remain empty even if you are matched. However, soon after the car is delivered/collected it will show up in the Tesla app when you use the same log in details.

You usually get matched when the car is heading over on the ships. But the best thing you can do is get the RN from your leasing company, call Tesla with that and confirm it's all set up correctly (including confirming there's no blocker for being matched - which is a flag the leasing company can put on to avoid delivery happening too early).

Then, just wait.

Your online account should remain empty even if you are matched. However, soon after the car is delivered/collected it will show up in the Tesla app when you use the same log in details.

You usually get matched when the car is heading over on the ships. But the best thing you can do is get the RN from your leasing company, call Tesla with that and confirm it's all set up correctly (including confirming there's no blocker for being matched - which is a flag the leasing company can put on to avoid delivery happening too early).

Then, just wait.
That is very helpful! Thank you.

Then, just wait.
At what point did you guys get your RN from the leasing company?
Zen Auto are dragging their feet with me, I put the order more than a month ago and they still don't know. Also, I have the feeling that they didn't use the referral I've advised them to use, as the person I got the referral code from still hasn't got any updates either.

My current company car was ordered through Zenith and took 6 months to deliver, for which I can only assume that someone had forgotten to place the order (it's a Mercedes). I don't want to go through that wait again.