Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still find the timings all over the place. Some people waiting a week or 2 for a delivery date....and ive seen some who ordered at the beginning of the year who don't yet have one. Which is why I'm not quite trusting the estimated date provided......

Anybody have any experience dealing with Knowles Fleet via NHS company scheme.

As they aren't the leasing company it's a little bit getting information from them.

Mine's an NHS lease through Knowles. They use Arnold Clark Vehicle Management as the lease manager so there is a lot of he said she said, especially when Tesla is involved as well. They kept me updated really well though. I got mine during lockdown in about three weeks. Arnold Clark were officially closed to new business at the time but I sent them the AA breakdown report for my car at the time and that it wouldn't be covered if it broke down again and I was dependent on a car for work, so they expedited things for me. I think they are quite experienced with the Tesla way of things now.

Reactions: ElRey
I'm impressed you were able to find out what leasing company they use. They have not been willing to let us know.

We did tell them we needed it for commute to work as well and happy with a substitute colour if that would speed things up but doesn't seem to have done so.

Mine's an NHS lease through Knowles. They use Arnold Clark Vehicle Management as the lease manager so there is a lot of he said she said, especially when Tesla is involved as well. They kept me updated really well though. I got mine during lockdown in about three weeks. Arnold Clark were officially closed to new business at the time but I sent them the AA breakdown report for my car at the time and that it wouldn't be covered if it broke down again and I was dependent on a car for work, so they expedited things for me. I think they are quite experienced with the Tesla way of things now.
Same for me, NHS FS with Arnold Clark doing the heavy lifting ... interesting about them being closed to new business around lockdown, could be why it took so long for them to get me an RN - over a month after putting in the order through NHS FS. I've now been told last two weeks Sept for my stock M3 LR Blue/Black. Ordered on 2 June.

This makes me wonder about the process because I believe there were LR Blue & Black on the Tesla inventory page.Without knowing your exact specs I wonder if they check what's available or do they go directly to customise.

I'm flexible with colour or specs and requested that be put in the notes so I'm wondering why a November date.

This makes me wonder about the process because I believe there were LR Blue & Black on the Tesla inventory page.Without knowing your exact specs I wonder if they check what's available or do they go directly to customise.

I'm flexible with colour or specs and requested that be put in the notes so I'm wondering why a November date.
The ones on inventory had tow bars, white interiors or larger wheels, i'm wanting the stock LR in blue with black interior, but those in the inventory are now usually 'in transit' anyway.
I think tesla do the fleet orders from external companies as a fixed order with no deviations it means the vehicles aren't unnecessarily returned if it doesn't match 100% or a fleet customer isn't happy with the colour/spec.

Makes sense. I'll wait for the RN number and then if there's an exact match I'll call Tesla and see if that car can be matched to the order.

They have been very quick at matching tbh, mine and a friends orders were placed on the same day (13th August) both matched to a vehicle on the 14th August.

Mine is a LR Pearl White, Black Interior
Friends is a LR Blue, Tow Bar, Black Interior

Same here. Stock order for me. Black/black no extras. Happy with any colour but white tbh.
And i think that's the rub, a lot of the M3 stock is coming as white with the occasional mixed colours in them, then there's all the differences with the interior colour and wheel changes with the tow bar option sometimes you have to wait until a stock of a particular colour comes in I ordered on 2 June (but think it took lease company a month to actually order the car so class it as a July order really!) so it can take a while for a specific one to come in

Just spoke to Tesla and despite what we were told the car was only ordered this morning. They are definitely holding off for 2 weeks before ordering. It's been 2 weeks since Knowles informed us they had placed the order.

Luckily, we've been matched as there are vehicles inbound with our spec so delivery is set for September (Sometime from the second week they said but no exact date given).

I also spoke to Tesla and my order was only placed this morning, I was expecting it to be ordered late last week/early this week so a bit disappointing. They did tell me it hasn't been matched yet but hinted that was because it was only ordered today but typical lead time is 12 weeks. :(

This seems typical with lease companies. Not sure if you can sign a waiver to take care of the 14 day rule. I get why they do it but its frustrating to be told the order has been placed when it clearly hasn't.

I knew via forums that it likely had not been but there is no way of proving it.

What did you order?

This seems typical with lease companies. Not sure if you can sign a waiver to take care of the 14 day rule. I get why they do it but its frustrating to be told the order has been placed when it clearly hasn't.

I knew via forums that it likely had not been but there is no way of proving it.

What did you order?

It's a bit annoying cus it hasn't actually been 14 days for me so I'm not sure why they even delayed ordering. I don't know what the repercussions for them are if they order and then I cancel but I assume it would be the same now as it would've been a week ago.

I've ordered a Midnight Silver LR with no other options, whats more annoying is that there were a bunch of LRs on the inventory a few days ago and I could've potentially been matched with one of those? Though I must admit, I don't really understand how the whole process works so I'm assuming as I haven't been matched then I'll be in for a long wait.

It comes back to the process....it seems lease cars are treated differently anyway....with much less communication to the customer who is left in the dark.

There is another really good post on shipping movements which seems to imply only a couple more boats coming over for the Aug/Sept window.....and from what I can see...people find out they are matched once those boats are in transit (not sure if that's the same for lease cars?!).

For me it would be good to know at what point I can tell myself its not happening this delivery window....so if the last boat leaves the US and we don't hear anything....should i reside myself to thinking its not happening until Nov/Dec?! The not knowing is painful:-(

After speaking to Tesla and many hours chasing up. I've drawn a few conclusion ns which may not be right.

It appears lease cars are not treated any differently but the leasing companies operate the way they do for different reasons.

EU law allows you to cancel within 14 days of placing your order. The leasing company would then have to deal with that and prefer not to so they hold out until the window has passed.

They also group orders s where possible to negotiate discounts. In the case of tesla where the leasing company is also kept in the dark, they really have no clue either so best bet is to get your RN number and contact Tesla who seem happy to discus if you have it.

My order was placed this morning and I rang Tesla to say I can see an inbound car in inventory. He informed me I had already been matched to one arriving the same time so no point changing. He did say last 2 weeks of September pickup. Not sure if anyone else has a date end of Sept.

After speaking to Tesla and many hours chasing up. I've drawn a few conclusion ns which may not be right.

It appears lease cars are not treated any differently but the leasing companies operate the way they do for different reasons.

EU law allows you to cancel within 14 days of placing your order. The leasing company would then have to deal with that and prefer not to so they hold out until the window has passed.

They also group orders s where possible to negotiate discounts. In the case of tesla where the leasing company is also kept in the dark, they really have no clue either so best bet is to get your RN number and contact Tesla who seem happy to discus if you have it.

My order was placed this morning and I rang Tesla to say I can see an inbound car in inventory. He informed me I had already been matched to one arriving the same time so no point changing. He did say last 2 weeks of September pickup. Not sure if anyone else has a date end of Sept.

Thanks for the update. I've never managed to get a RN (the one knowles gave me doesnt look to be the same format as all the other tesla ones I see). Guess I should just hope mine is also on one of the Sept boats then!