Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A
Seems to be pot luck what charge it comes with unfortunately. If you pick up from a service centre on a quiet day then it may have been put on charge beforehand but otherwise its whatever it was charged up to at the factory minus all the vampire drain during the days and weeks it takes to get to you. I think mine got delivered with around 45% charge remaining.
h ok, thanks, fingers crossed I’m not the last delivery of the day then!

Has anyone had actual paperwork through ALD? Ordered 10 Aug, did ALD through Tesla and confirmed 16 Aug that approved, but never received anything back.
I have my delivery text from Tesla (less than 2 weeks to go :) ) and I have chased Tesla for VIN/Reg which I have received.
But absolutely nothing from ALD. So no formal paperwork, agreements, deposit etc.
The one time I spoke to ALD on the phone, they said until they physically get the car from Tesla they have nothing for me.
All just seems odd.

QQ for people that use ARVAL in the us as the leasing agents.

have they given Tesla permission to discuss delivery etc with you ?
I'm company leasing through Arval. (M3P with RN recieved on 29/09/21)

When I spoke to Tesla yesterday to get a delivery estimate, they said that they were still awaiting authorisation to proceed with the order. Not sure what this means? Is this is the same as permssion to discuss delivery?

I chased on this with Arval and their team said there was nothing outstanding so they are quering it with their delivery team at Arval

Has anyone had actual paperwork through ALD? Ordered 10 Aug, did ALD through Tesla and confirmed 16 Aug that approved, but never received anything back.
I have my delivery text from Tesla (less than 2 weeks to go :) ) and I have chased Tesla for VIN/Reg which I have received.
But absolutely nothing from ALD. So no formal paperwork, agreements, deposit etc.
The one time I spoke to ALD on the phone, they said until they physically get the car from Tesla they have nothing for me.
All just seems odd.
I did mine through ald. Nothing at all apart from texts from tesla. Then, about 2 weeks before delivery I chased my reg and vin and got it over the phone. Paperwork from ald to fill in came the day before collection. I ordered August 4th, collected Sept 25th

Reactions: Chester1
I haven't checked this forum in a little while, was great to come back today and see so many of you have had your delivery texts. It's so weird, I chased mine up last week via the online chat and was told no news, last night about 10:30pm I received a text saying it's being delivered 2nd December. Hoping to try to catch someone on the chat today to see if they've received my address as I've had no response and to see if they can confirm the colour. I was also surprised it was going to be delivered, others I know who've ordered through NHS Fleet Solutions had to go pick the car up!

Congrats to everyone who's had a text anyway - good times, to anyone still waiting, I'm sure it'll come through soon!

So I'm leasing through leaseuk and lex autolease. Originally ordered the SR+ on oct 18th had all the forms through and had a date of the 26th November for delivery

Then was told the delivery would be pushed back to Feb so I changed my order to a LR

I had the new RN number sent to me on the 22nd from Tesla but still no finance forms. I'm told they have not come through yet.

Has anyone else had anything similar as I'm worried this will effect the delivery. Both Tesla and the lease company have told me early December delivery

So I'm leasing through leaseuk and lex autolease. Originally ordered the SR+ on oct 18th had all the forms through and had a date of the 26th November for delivery

Then was told the delivery would be pushed back to Feb so I changed my order to a LR

I had the new RN number sent to me on the 22nd from Tesla but still no finance forms. I'm told they have not come through yet.

Has anyone else had anything similar as I'm worried this will effect the delivery. Both Tesla and the lease company have told me early December delivery
I ordered on 11/10 and have been told December latest for delivery - pretty much explained I'll defo see a car this side of Christmas

sorry guys back again. so getting a wall of silence from Tesla ref delivery as ARVAL have tasks to complete ???? anybody been in this situation and got out the other side with ARVAL any idea what the tasks are as tesla claim its holding up being given a delivery date.

sorry guys back again. so getting a wall of silence from Tesla ref delivery as ARVAL have tasks to complete ???? anybody been in this situation and got out the other side with ARVAL any idea what the tasks are as tesla claim its holding up being given a delivery date.
I'm company leasing through Arval. (M3P with RN recieved on 29/09/21)

When I spoke to Tesla yesterday to get a delivery estimate, they said that they were still awaiting authorisation to proceed with the order. Not sure what this means? Is this is the same as permssion to discuss delivery?

I chased on this with Arval and their team said there was nothing outstanding so they are quering it with their delivery team at Arval

Yes, see my reply above copied here above. I’ve been calling Arval today and they still can’t give me any sense. Have you tried calling Arval?

I've ordered with Arval and just e-mailed Tesla to see if my order is being processed, if there's been a hold up from Arval, and if so, what info/action they're waiting for.

Arval say they placed the order on 15/10, got a 7th January ETD from Arval (ARVAL UK Purchasing - Swindon e-mail address) and a RN text from Tesla on the same day. Radio silence since then, which I assume was normal. But @ashington's posts got me a bit concerned that nothing's happening in the background.

I definitely cannot afford to buy the car out right. If the car was £30 000 or less I'd have gone for a hire purchase, but £40 000 is way out of my price range, so leasing is the way to go.

Over the 24 months I will be paying £13 245, well actually £13 350 if you include the document fee charged by Drive Electric. That's a lot less than £40 000!

I'll have it for 2 years and it works out that I'm only paying a fraction over those two years of what I would have paid to buy the car out right. In 2 years time there will probably be a cheaper Model 3 with better range so I'll take out a new lease on that. Or if my circumstances change maybe I'll even go up to a performance model!

Leasing over two years makes the most sense really. I don't have to care about battery degradation or the hardware becoming obsolete. I'm essentially renting something for that period.
I know VERY little about leasing and decided to read through this thread presuming it would be discussing and breaking down the costs of leasing v buying (unfortunately most of the posts are about delivery)!

The above was posted in July 2019 and he will now know exactly what his 2 years cost him (he predicted £13,500). The question is - was he right? If he had bought the car and sold it 2 years later he would have lost £xxxx in depreciation is £xxxx more or less than £13,350?

The above was posted in July 2019 and he will now know exactly what his 2 years cost him (he predicted £13,500). The question is - was he right? If he had bought the car and sold it 2 years later he would have lost £xxxx in depreciation is £xxxx more or less than £13,350?
I think based upon current prices for used Tesla he would have lost nowhere near £13k had he bought/sold the car.

Other factors would need to be factored in, such as loan costs (the OP didn't have the funds), condition of the car, mileage etc, but on the face of it the purchase/sale wouldn't have 'cost' £13k. The cost new 2 years ago was cheaper and there is a current very high demand for used cars, that's not to say the situation will necessarily be the same in 2 years time.

I keep seeing people with delivery messages and info when they ordered later than me.

My company car was ordered early sept, got RN on 16th sept and no details since.

Cant seem to catch the online chat anymore and the phone number just tells me they are busy and the wait for an SMS and hangs up.

Assuming I won't get a VIN as its a company car and I can't see any details in the Tesla account page.

The Tesla inventory has tons of M3LRs in white matching my spec, just frustrating not getting any info at all.

Took a little while to get approval via work, so feels like I've been waiting for a few months.

Am I just needing to be more patient? or keep trying to get through to them? or do I take it up with the fleet manager at work and get him to chase the lease company?

I keep seeing people with delivery messages and info when they ordered later than me.

My company car was ordered early sept, got RN on 16th sept and no details since.

Cant seem to catch the online chat anymore and the phone number just tells me they are busy and the wait for an SMS and hangs up.

Assuming I won't get a VIN as its a company car and I can't see any details in the Tesla account page.

The Tesla inventory has tons of M3LRs in white matching my spec, just frustrating not getting any info at all.

Took a little while to get approval via work, so feels like I've been waiting for a few months.

Am I just needing to be more patient? or keep trying to get through to them? or do I take it up with the fleet manager at work and get him to chase the lease company?
I would chase with your leasing company and also keep trying with phoning up Tesla CS.

I got no text updates for VINs or delivery/collection. I had to get them to do it all manually. If it wasn't for seeing other people getting their texts on here, and taken a more proactive approach, I would still be in the dark like you...