Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if you haven’t spoken to anyone then you may have a delivery date but don’t know it yet.

Some of the other members on here are being told to wait until Tuesday and then contact Tesla again. Therefore there might be some messages going out today at some point.

CS did tell me that the sms service wasn’t 100% reliable. I sent me address to confirm delivery and not heard a thing. I called them to check and they did receive it and all was confirmed… Still haven’t had a text though!

Hopefully you’ll get somewhere today.

I've just got off the Tesla chat and the conversation went like this:

I have a reservation number for a Model 3 LR (RNxxx) - ordered via a leasing company Arval. Could you please check if the order has been processed correctly? Are you waiting on any information from Arval?

I can see an order has been placed, we are just awaiting some further details from Arval

I can contact Arval directly if you are able to indicate what details you are waiting for?
I'm aware that several other customers with Arval are in the same situation, not knowing what the delay is.

It's just final details.
They will know what still needs to be sent over.

ARVAL update 02/11/21 finally spoke to a really helpful lady. she updated me as to the reply to an email they sent to Tesla on friday. The holdup is ARVAL waiting for the registration number to allow /authorise delivery. That now makes sense i guess, tesla confirmed that reg should be released in next 7-10 days and then tesla will be able to discuss with me to arrange delivery/collection options.

Beats my lease company, I had a second order number come through this morning so I phoned Tesla.

Basically not heard anything from my lease company as they haven't replied to email or answered the phone. But a second order has been put on.

My original order (text from Tesla on 22nd oct) is ready but need release approved from lease company.

Feel like I'm doing the job for them!

Some more feedback on my earlier post around the confusion with Arval:

Hi Ashley,

The update I have received from our purchasing/deliveries team is;

“Tesla have confirmed that they are waiting for a VIN number to be matched on the order.

We cannot authorise Tesla to make delivery without the VIN and Reg plate being assigned.”

As soon as there is any update, I will let you know.

Many Thanks

Reactions: stuigi99
Had my delivery confirmation direct from Tesla yesterday. All booked in for 30th Nov. They said I would get a tracking link sent to me on the day also.

Out of interest… Those of you that used a referral code. Have any of you managed to confirm with Tesla that the referral miles are loaded or will be upon delivery?

Had my delivery confirmation direct from Tesla yesterday. All booked in for 30th Nov. They said I would get a tracking link sent to me on the day also.

Out of interest… Those of you that used a referral code. Have any of you managed to confirm with Tesla that the referral miles are loaded or will be upon delivery?
I thought referral codes had been scrapped until further notice?

I thought referral codes had been scrapped until further notice?
Only for orders after a certain time i believe. Can’t remember exactly but I think it was around mid oct.

Edit- Sorry, 18th sept was the cutoff. Got my RN on the 14th and a referral code was given so it should have gone through. However, not spoken to Tesla about it yet

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: ChorleyTesl4
Update e-mail just received from Arval:

I can confirm that this order has been placed successfully with Tesla and they aren’t waiting on anything from us,

We do have a VIN number from Tesla - LRW3F7EB2MCXXXXXX,
Unfortunately we have not got a confirmed date from Tesla yet we normally estimated 12 weeks from point of order.

So we are estimating the 7th January for the moment, However if there is a match sooner it will be before, but having a Vin number allocated is a good sign

Reactions: ashington
I’ve just had a load of instructions from my lease company.

They want the Reg and then to make sure I send them a picture on Delivery day to prove I have the car.

Then they asked me not to download the app and not login etc. Even tho I had an email from Tesla advising me to do the opposite 🙄

All these instructions… Worried my car won’t show in the app if I don’t do it right!

i suspect they are waiting on the reg number same as me and another post above so they need that off tesla before they can auth delivery/collection
Yeah, I guess so. It seems a bit like a chicken and egg scenario. It would be nice if the original Arval confirmation e-mail explained these steps in the timeline so we'd know what to expect...that might prevent us from bombarding them with queries about what's happening.

Latest update from me is that I had another text from Tesla today confirming same delivery date as text last week (30th Nov) but this time confirming car would be delivered to me and stating my address. Had assumed I would pick it up from the Edinburgh SC, so I think a bonus getting it delivered? Either way, if all goes smoothly from here I'll be surprised and delighted at the speed of the whole process!!!