Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Left Windshield Wiper Fails to Clean Window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
e large removableplastic piece in the frunk
Check the wiper fluid lines under the large removableplastic piece in the frunk. I had the same issue until I check the lines and it had come off for the left wiper. Just had to reconnect the line and so far no issues

So both of your wipes shoot out fluid? Mine only has the passenger side...

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
What did they say? They are aware of it? My right wiper only shoots out the fluid...how about yours?
I thought it was only the right, and it still really looks like it's only the right, but at the SC he lifted the wiper and I could see the liquid shooting out. It's a really bad design. I don't know if Tesla is going to do anything about it, because this was over a year ago and I haven't heard anything about this getting improved.

As said, check the pipes are attached to the wiper arms. If you really get no fluid coming out of one wiper that will probably be the cause as there are 3 separate jets in each wiper arm, so for all to be blocked is unlikely.

It's also quite difficult to see what's happening from inside the car. Better to get someone else to operate the washers while you look from outside. The jets on the arms are adjustable so changing the angle they are spraying at might help.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Seems to me the biggest problem is the spray function only seems to work when the wiper is in the down position. I'd hold the button down and drown the window during the full stroke if possible - but they don't work this way.
They do spray when the wipers are moving, it's just not as easy to see it happening as when they are parked.

They do spray when the wipers are moving, it's just not as easy to see it happening as when they are parked.
I don't know about that - I can hear the pump and clearly see the spray function working ONLY when the wipers are either all the way down, or within about 3" of the fully-down position. If I push the spray button at the top of the stroke, nothing comes out until the wipers are down again.

New Tesla Model 3 owner here...I wanted to get some feedback. Anyone having issues with left windshield wiper failing to clean the windows fully? I am always left with streaks on my bottom left of my windshield...

Just to help isolate the problem, how well does the left wiper blade work in the rain? Do you have any issues with it streaking or smearing when using it during a rain storm, or does the streaking only occur while trying to clean the windows using the window washing function?

If the blade doesn't work that well during a rain storm, my thought is that perhaps the blade itself needs to be cleaned or replaced. My wife had a problem with her wipers causing smudging. I used Mckees 37 Rubber Rejuvinator to clean the blades and there was an immediate and dramatic improvement. Perhaps this might help for you as well.

Yup, I also would have sworn that my left squirter didn't work. My search for a fix brought me to this thread.
But then I looked from the outside while spraying as suggested here and it clearly does spray. It seems to be pointed right at the wiper so no spray is visible on the window itself. And it also clearly sprays when it's on the bulk of the window, not just near the base.
YMMV

Check your wiper fluid hose, the passenger side hose was not connected. That's why our wiper fluid was draining out so fast and there wasn't enough pressure to have an even spray from the wipers. Lift the cover and check your hose.
View attachment 509996 View attachment 509996
20191111_173901.jpg

Attachments

• 20191111_173915.jpg
    20191111_173915.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: