Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Long Range is VERY Slow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3LR for approx 2 weeks now. I loved it initially until I started looking at the 0-60 times. The BEST I've had on a full charge is 5.3. Most times avg. 5.6 seconds. I'm sorry but I paid extra in part for the faster car. I feel like I paid for a LR but got the performance of a SR. I've used several apps and got the same times. I haven't been to track or used a higher end system like Dragy but I again, I've used multiple apps with same results. Very disappointing. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Test after you supercharge your car, or as close to the end of a home charging session that is at least a couple hours as you can... or put a supercharger as the nav destination so the car pre conditions the battery for supercharging (thus fully warming up the battery).

Most likely a cold battery (and yes, the battery can be cold even when its 90-100 degrees outside, and no, driving for 10 minutes doesnt warm it up to "launch" temps).

Is that car a Model 3 Long range AWD (did you buy it new 2 weeks ago, or was it a used car?)

I've had my M3LR for approx 2 weeks now. I loved it initially until I started looking at the 0-60 times. The BEST I've had on a full charge is 5.3. Most times avg. 5.6 seconds. I'm sorry but I paid extra in part for the faster car. I feel like I paid for a LR but got the performance of a SR. I've used several apps and got the same times. I haven't been to track or used a higher end system like Dragy but I again, I've used multiple apps with same results. Very disappointing. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Is your acceleration setting on chill mode? How about in valet mode?

• Funny
Reactions: Biggus and WhiteWi
Are you sure you mashed the accelerator correctly? Heel and toe doesn’t work... place your foot over the petal and using the ball of your foot arch your foot in a downwards direction until the petal meets the floor... you don’t even have to look at a tac.. I hope this helps in some small way.

• Funny
Reactions: JB from the AZ
Thanks everyone for the comments so far. Here are my responses so far:
- it was purchased new, received two weeks ago with only 52 miles on it.
- I've timed it cold, warmed up, 50% charge and fully charged. Fully charged meaning 95%. Never charged it 100% yet. I've supercharged it and charged at home overnight.
- Times have all been very similar, around 5 6 seconds. Best time is 5.23 seconds i believe it was.
- it is not on Chill mode. I am not sure about valet mode but will check but don't think it is.
- i can pay attention to form when depressing the accelerator to make sure i am doing it right.

I see folks on YouTube getting repeatable times as advertised but am at least 1.4 seconds off the 4.1 stated time. I thought I would purchase the acceleration/boost upgrade but sure won't if I can't even get the 4.1 now.

You mention you have "timed it cold and warmed up". What do you mean by "timed it warmed up (how are you determining the battery is warmed up)?

You mention you charged it at home overnight, but unless you took the car out right after you finished charging, the battery can cool down.

After checking for valet mode (nice suggestion @jebinc ), dont charge your car overnight, charge it from at least 40-50% to 90%, then right away take it out and give it a try. Alternatively, if you are somewhat close to a supercharger, set the supercharger as the nav destination and check for the "pre conditioning" message. Let it pre condition, then go try,.

My bet is on you are trying this when the battery is cold.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I have done almost everything you stated. I stopped at a supercharger on the way home. Charged it to 90%. Went 1/4 mile to the entrance ramp. Came to complete stop.timer said ready-go and I did. For a whopping 5.7 seconds. I had the precondition battery note and went from 40% to 95%. None of it matters

I have done almost everything you stated. I stopped at a supercharger on the way home. Charged it to 90%. Went 1/4 mile to the entrance ramp. Came to complete stop.timer said ready-go and I did. For a whopping 5.7 seconds. I had the precondition battery note and went from 40% to 95%. None of it matters

Then you likely need to make a service appointment.

I already made one but what will they do? Is it something they do from a diagnostic center?

Im not a tesla service technician, so I dont know... but if you supercharged your car from 50% to 90% then went out and did a quarter mile and got 5.X, either you have chill mode on (which you said you dont) its in valet mode, there is a problem with the battery / power delivery, etc. I am assuming that you checked the car information and it actually says dual motor.

Reactions: WhiteWi and jebinc
I will check but I don't think so. Again, will double check to be sure.

You can check in the app. Make sure this is off.

1632224190668.png