Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Looks Like a Frog From the Front, and a Mini X from the Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love people who express themselves the way you did. I don't totally agree with your assessment, but kudos for your honesty.

You had to know that you would get blasted in this forum. I'm 100% confident I could have an honest conversation with you.
I DISAGREE. Just because someone else thinks it looks different than a frog is not being honest? I think it looks like a......a..........a
m1201.gif
salamander from the front and a KIA from the rear. Why do you frequently couch every viewpoint different than yours as a "me against them" argument? That's not an honest conversation.

I DISAGREE. Just because someone else thinks it looks different than a frog is not being honest? I think it looks like a......a..........a
m1201.gif
salamander from the front and a KIA from the rear. Why do you frequently couch every viewpoint different than yours as a "me against them" argument? That's not an honest conversation.
What? I don't care at all about who is against who. I'm just tired of looking at conversations in here with people who don't care what the issues are. They just blindly support or are blindly against Tesla. If an issue is an issue....then just be truthful about it.

The guy who opened this post thinks the Model 3 looks a certain way. I can see his point on some of what he says....and I disagree with some of what he says. I'm just surprised that someone would open a thread about anything that could be construed as "anti" Tesla.

I don't understand the rest of what you are saying about me personally so.....maybe I'm not supposed to.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
m1201.gif
Its just like the guy who follows me around disliking me and liking everyone else. We need more people like the thread author even though I may slightly disagree with him.

Anyway. I think Tesla did a good job with the design of the Model 3 and I'm glad they made the subtle changes on the front like they did in the beginning. Whats more important to me is that Tesla listened to people. If people would have just stayed quiet, there would have been no adjustments at all. Good for people and their ability to verbalize their suggestions and for Tesla listening. That's a win for everyone.

I love people who express themselves the way you did. I don't totally agree with your assessment, but kudos for your honesty.

You had to know that you would get blasted in this forum. I'm 100% confident I could have an honest conversation with you.

I'm a big Tesla fan, going to buy a model 3, and heavily invested in the stock. But trying to stay objective helps keep us grounded (until Musk flies me to Mars)

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
M3 Sport nose 2016-04-05 at 8.58.03 AM.png Roadster Gen 2.jpg

I must admit the original M3 reveal front end was polarizing, but the "toned down" front on the production versions will likely appeal to a much broader population.
However, its curious that the Gen 2 Roadster didn't get saddled with the new Tesla front end design language...did M3 nose get designed less attractive to save taking the style advantage of the Roadster? Remember the alternate M3 nose design proposed on TMC?

I was pleased to examine the quality of one Model 3 on 12/17 during the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County meet up. All the gaps were aligned perfectly in every direction. VIN was in the 600's and it was informative to sit in the seats, check the rear trunk lid position (almost straight up with no head bump). Side door seals are attached with adhesive and has a seal design that appears superior to early Model X driver doors. (I have not checked recent X seal design.)

As far as a front frog look, it doesn't appear that way to me in person. The rear design does remind me of Model X with the narrower taper. All the Autopilot cameras were about the same distance from the road surface as Model S. Lighted visor mirrors, coat hooks, spacious covered center console compartments and the rear seat foldable center arm rest with cup holders are excellent. New buyers should be very happy, especially with the storage pockets behind the front seats and door storage design.

No test drives today. Since the driver sits closer to the "A" pillar than Model S, it did appear larger. Looking forward to reading reviews about the A/C in warm weather, road noise and overall ride comfort.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
Passed by another today on the highway. It's a decent looking car.

Definitely looks like a mini-X from the back. I'd say the most weird thing about the look at some angles is that the back is kinda plump while the front hood is kinda lean, so the proportions sometimes are a bit different than other cars. Not necessarily bad, but different...