Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 lr awd boost hurt battery range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my question is will doing the boost decrease my overall range from 322... Yes I understand the factors of how I drive depends on mileage. But my specific question is if I download it and purchase it. Will it automatically decrease my max range (322) and yes I never truly hit 322, but you know what I mean. If I purchase, without even driving will my 322 decrease to like 300, 299, etc?
Any information is greatly appreciated!!

No, it should have no impact on your rated range. It does not change the efficiency of your vehicle in any way, unless you accelerate at higher power than you used to. Even if you hammer it every light, it's not going to be a noticeable impact compared to that same behavior without the acceleration boost update.

The 'miles' the battery shows, is just an indicator of the estimated driving range given the battery's current estimated capacity divided by approximate energy consumption per mile. It does not necessarily indicate how much energy you can really get out, and it does not indicate the real driving range in your current conditions. It's a vague ballpark, and does not change when you download the update.

No, it should have no impact on your rated range. It does not change the efficiency of your vehicle in any way, unless you accelerate at higher power than you used to. Even if you hammer it every light, it's not going to be a noticeable impact compared to that same behavior without the acceleration boost update.

The 'miles' the battery shows, is just an indicator of the estimated driving range given the battery's current estimated capacity divided by approximate energy consumption per mile. It does not necessarily indicate how much energy you can really get out, and it does not indicate the real driving range in your current conditions. It's a vague ballpark, and does not change when you download the update.
Wow what a quick reply!! Appreciate you. The actual service members wouldn't give me a confirmed answer but I hope not. Thanks! Gonna go for it

Thanks for the help zomgvtek. Actually, I'm also facing the same issue from a couple of days. Anyways, gonna go for it. Hope this works

It could just be a coincidence, but my 100% range began to plummet immediately after purchasing the acceleration update.

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 4.50.49 PM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
It could just be a coincidence, but my 100% range began to plummet immediately after purchasing the acceleration update.

View attachment 565757

I purchased the boost three days after delivery. It caused no decrease in range. However, I show the same downhill plunge you have experienced, at about the same mileage. I've attributed it to a hot summer and low driving efficiency. Who knows, but there is no link to boost in my case.

• Helpful
I purchased the boost three days after delivery. It caused no decrease in range. However, I show the same downhill plunge you have experienced, at about the same mileage. I've attributed it to a hot summer and low driving efficiency. Who knows, but there is no link to boost in my case.
My range fall happened in the dead of winter.

My range fall happened in the dead of winter.

No winter here. :) But, my loss started at the same mileage. It is starting to level out, like yours did, but with no recovery - again like yours. Maybe it's normal model 3 battery degradation. I hope to see mine work back up in the Fall. Still, driving efficiency goes down in the winter also. Again, who really knows - all dark sciences and BS maybe. It sure hasn't hurt my enjoyment of the car. Loving it.

• Helpful