Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR AWD vampire drain in the cold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My couple of weeks old TM3 LR AWD is experiencing some vampire drain and wanted to share my numbers. I know sentry needs energy so this morning I turned it off and decided to check up on the car every hour (I know I would be waking her up).
Here are my findings:
10:00 - 372km
12:00 - 368km (4km lost in 2 hours)
15:00 - 363km (9km lost in 5 hours)
The weather is not that bad - it was about -1C around 10 and now (15:25) is about +1C in west Mississauga.

So here is the million dollars question - is this normal? I doubt it, but what do you guys think? I wanted to see what your experience is before I contact Tesla. With this type of vampire drain I don't even want to think what's going to happen when the real winter starts and we hit -40C.

-15 is nothing special. Well it is a bit early but what can we do?
BTW we had seen -40 in Southern Ontario with the wind chill factor of course.

Back to my original question - I found another post here discussing the standby for the smart summon which will keep the car awake. It looks like this is the real culprit. I should have done my initial search before posting here. Thanks everybody for the fast responses.

V10 Phantom drain with Sentry mode

I just got the new version - 36.2.1 - the one pedal driving is here, and couple of more goodies too.