Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is super random but has anyone thought about how we were thrown together in this virtual waiting room and one by one we’ll start taking delivery and leave behind those that are still painfully waiting? Lol

yes but then you can enjoy watching others follow behind.

story for entertainment... i was one of the first LEAF owners. VIN 228 and the 100 series were demos. I ordered nearly a year before taking delivery and had a TV news crew on hand when I picked up to do a ride along. I babied my LEAF for several years but that 50 miles of range was awful hard to make due with when you wanted to do any sort of road trip, no less get to the airport and back. Back then - we had no chargers anywhere.

This whole waiting thing.. i hate to admit but I actually think it is kinda cool and just makes you appreciate the car so much more when it finally arrives.

Sure beats going to a dealership experience at a traditional oem.

• Love
Reactions: HappyDude and M321
This is super random but has anyone thought about how we were thrown together in this virtual waiting room and one by one we’ll start taking delivery and leave behind those that are still painfully waiting? Lol

Sticking around this waiting room after taking delivery would be like hanging around your high school after graduating.

yes but then you can enjoy watching others follow behind.

story for entertainment... i was one of the first LEAF owners. VIN 228 and the 100 series were demos. I ordered nearly a year before taking delivery and had a TV news crew on hand when I picked up to do a ride along. I babied my LEAF for several years but that 50 miles of range was awful hard to make due with when you wanted to do any sort of road trip, no less get to the airport and back. Back then - we had no chargers anywhere.

This whole waiting thing.. i hate to admit but I actually think it is kinda cool and just makes you appreciate the car so much more when it finally arrives.

Sure beats going to a dealership experience at a traditional oem.
Hey that is pretty cool. A pioneer of EVs haha. I agree though. This wait, even though it sucks, is a unique experience and will make me appreciate the car that much more.

• Love
Reactions: SeaM3White2021
Blue on black, 18” wheels. But it shouldn’t matter too much - more or less everyone who orders an LR in the next week or so should get delivery this month.

Well they are telling you an early march, thats why i was asking. I have an MSM/White ordered on 2/8 and don't have a date yet so was curious what you ordered to get such a quick turnaround.

Reactions: JindoFuzz
I have the suspicion that they’ve been hammering out the black interior again and that we’ll be waiting a few days for the white interiors to start rolling out for us western guys.

Seems plausible. I was honestly worried they’d done the whole national black run earlier in the quarter and my order would get bumped, so I’m very happy to see my date move in the right direction.

Reactions: M321
I had an SR+ VIN assigned and after ruminating about it for longer then I should have I called and had my order switched to an LR AWD this morning. Any guesses on how much longer I'll need to wait now? How screwed am I?

Originally ordered 2/11, VIN assigned 2/27 pickup in CO Springs est. 3/5-11, 'ol switcheroo 3/2.

I had an SR+ VIN assigned and after ruminating about it for longer then I should have I called and had my order switched to an LR AWD this morning. Any guesses on how much longer I'll need to wait now? How screwed am I?

Originally ordered 2/11, VIN assigned 2/27 pickup in CO Springs est. 3/5-11, 'ol switcheroo 3/2.
I may be wrong but I would GUESS that with there being four weeks left in the quarter and you being in Colorado you should still see it this month.

Reactions: JindoFuzz
I may be wrong but I would GUESS that with there being four weeks left in the quarter and you being in Colorado you should still see it this month.

Thats a great point. I think you're right.
Not quite in Colorado, but a cheap airline ticket and a fun drive home beats the crazy delivery charge they were quoting me by a long shot.

So granted take everything that an SA says with a grain of salt. On 11/6 I originally ordered a P. After my delivery date disappeared for the umpteen time, which coincided with the LR price drop, I changed my order to an LR (about 8-9 days ago). My SA stated this wouldn't change my essential "spot in line." I'm inclined to believe him because I have the earliest delivery window of anyone else I've seen in this thread that lives in Southern California, even though they technically placed their LR orders before me.