Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having buyers remorse. 2022 M3LR 6 weeks in ~1000 miles and the roof glass cracked. Service center said it was a small impact of sorts. Don’t know when it happened. ~$1200. Also had a visor wire issue that they repaired but they said they had to replace in the long term.
It's usually pretty obvious if something hit glass and broke it. Did you ask them to point out the point of impact? If something hit it there's not really any blame on Tesla, this is what you have insurance for.

I’m having buyers remorse. 2022 M3LR 6 weeks in ~1000 miles and the roof glass cracked. Service center said it was a small impact of sorts. Don’t know when it happened. ~$1200. Also had a visor wire issue that they repaired but they said they had to replace in the long term.
It's a compelling package.

No, it is not fit and finish like an Audi, BMW or Mercedes, but it is a very neat electric car with unnecessary features, and a fun driving experience.

Tl;dr, fantastic car if you can accept the poor customer service and quality thats associated with owning a Tesla.

Jeez. You're pretty much in line with me.

It is pissing me off to see January orders get VINs.

Yeah, the process is a little irritating. Held off on selling my 17' A4 until 2 weeks ago hoping I'd have a VIN after the 3rd pushback and an original EDD of December 2021. Bizarre to me that orders from mid Q4 with very generic specs are not receiving VINs vs those who have ordered in the past 3 weeks with the same specs receiving VINs.

Pretty irritating, but nothing you can do. At this point I'd fly to wherever I can get one sooner and drive it cross-country if thats what it meant.

Sure hope its worth the wait.

The impact would be obvious, even if a small one. Have them show it to you.

For such a small $ amount, don't turn it into insurance. It will still be considered a claim and could hurt your premiums more in the long run. When you factor in your deductible, it could be a lose/lose. Obviously every insurance company treats these things differently so talk to your agent.

Yeah, the process is a little irritating. Held off on selling my 17' A4 until 2 weeks ago hoping I'd have a VIN after the 3rd pushback and an original EDD of December 2021. Bizarre to me that orders from mid Q4 with very generic specs are not receiving VINs vs those who have ordered in the past 3 weeks with the same specs receiving VINs.

Pretty irritating, but nothing you can do. At this point I'd fly to wherever I can get one sooner and drive it cross-country if thats what it meant.

Sure hope its worth the wait.
100% Agree.

Hope you're either able to
  • Receive your VIN in the coming weeks
  • Find a vehicle that you're willing to travel to & drive it home.
It's really quite an annoying process, and especially when you factor in selling your old vehicle planning around an EDD.

I removed my Trade In and Tesla called and asked why, and I simply told them you're offering me 15k less than the car is worth.

Very brutal customer service, especially for spending this much $$ on a car. This would never happen at BMW, Audi or Mercedes.

Alas, it's a super cool car, almost like a mini spaceship, and it's totally a great car if you're willing to accept the less than acceptable customer service, and botched delivery timings.

All I can say for older orders (like us) is that I am going to be incredibly pissed if we do not receive them before EOQ. It's ridiculous to think someone who ordered far after us even into early this year are getting their cars first. (Not dissing, just making it clear that we've been patiently waiting.)

For such a small $ amount, don't turn it into insurance. It will still be considered a claim and could hurt your premiums more in the long run. When you factor in your deductible, it could be a lose/lose. Obviously every insurance company treats these things differently so talk to your agent.

Good point about insurance. I’ll handle this out of pocket. I was told the threshold is $1100 for it to raise my rates, which is annoying that the estimate is a little above it. I was hoping that the roof glass would be able to withstand a small rock. I guess I’m just unlucky.

100% Agree.

It's really quite an annoying process, and especially when you factor in selling your old vehicle planning around an EDD.

I removed my Trade In and Tesla called and asked why, and I simply told them you're offering me 15k less than the car is worth.

Very brutal customer service, especially for spending this much $$ on a car. This would never happen at BMW, Audi or Mercedes.

Alas, it's a super cool car, almost like a mini spaceship, and it's totally a great car if you're willing to accept the less than acceptable customer service, and botched delivery timings.

All I can say for older orders (like us) is that I am going to be incredibly pissed if we do not receive them before EOQ. It's ridiculous to think someone who ordered far after us even into early this year are getting their cars first. (Not dissing, just making it clear that we've been patiently waiting.)
I was in the same boat as you guys until Tesla told me that my order was incomplete. I had not filled my Trade-In and Payment details and my EDD was getting pushed back frequently.

Last week, Feb 9, my EDD changed to Apr 26 - May 24. I then updated the information needed, and today Feb 14, my EDD changed to Mar 2 - Mar 29.

I'm not saying this might be the case for you but want everyone to be informed that such things might affect delivery. Had I known it sooner. :(

• Informative
Reactions: KyleSVR
100% Agree.

I'm with you. The low offers on trade-ins is crazy, I guess they dont want to go through the effort of selling them wholesale, or don't find it worth their time.

When I was testing dealerships for offers on my previous Audi, although they had no cars on the lot that were not already sold, they could have a new E-tron ready within 2-3 weeks delivered from Germany.

On the plus side, if you go into any other dealership and try to buy a car, you're paying at least 5k+ over MSRP. Longer term you're not paying the massive temporary markup, and the car is just about an appreciating asset.

We should get ours before EOQ, but given my luck I wouldn't be shocked if I somehow don't. My only wish is that there was more insight and clarity behind their production schedule and VIN assignment wasn't just "random".

I was in the same boat as you guys until Tesla told me that my order was incomplete. I had not filled my Trade-In and Payment details and my EDD was getting pushed back frequently.

Last week, Feb 9, my EDD changed to Apr 26 - May 24. I then updated the information needed, and today Feb 14, my EDD changed to Mar 2 - Mar 29.

I'm not saying this might be the case for you but want everyone to be informed that such things might affect delivery. Had I known it sooner. :(

Some SA's just never tell people that they need to complete their tasks to be dropped in line.

... Yikes

Good point about insurance. I’ll handle this out of pocket. I was told the threshold is $1100 for it to raise my rates, which is annoying that the estimate is a little above it. I was hoping that the roof glass would be able to withstand a small rock. I guess I’m just unlucky.
Have you thought about paying a few hundred towards the cost (direct to Tesla) minimizing the insurance payment by as much? Would get it under that threshold and could save you some dough. Just a thought

Not really sure why you're not getting your vehicle... I ordered about 2 weeks after you and I'm just waiting to schedule my delivery time... have you done all the financing tasks you need to?

I found out about that a week after I ordered from a friend of mine. I'm surprised its not more clear when you're ordering that payment details need to be 100% finalized before you receive a VIN. I suppose that's due to the large amount of orders and to avoid them wasting their time.

Yup, completed financing tasks in early Dec '21. Called Tesla multiple times to confirm that I wasn't missing anything, and I wasn't.

Fingers crossed theres an update soon. I've been sitting on all of my accessories/spoiler/plans for wrapping and tinting VERY patiently until the past two weeks.

I'm with you. The low offers on trade-ins is crazy, I guess they dont want to go through the effort of selling them wholesale, or don't find it worth their time.

When I was testing dealerships for offers on my previous Audi, although they had no cars on the lot that were not already sold, they could have a new E-tron ready within 2-3 weeks delivered from Germany.

On the plus side, if you go into any other dealership and try to buy a car, you're paying at least 5k+ over MSRP. Longer term you're not paying the massive temporary markup, and the car is just about an appreciating asset.

We should get ours before EOQ, but given my luck I wouldn't be shocked if I somehow don't. My only wish is that there was more insight and clarity behind their production schedule and VIN assignment wasn't just "random".
Yes, it is quite amusing seeing Tesla's appreciate, which is insane in contrast to every other german competitor.

The thing is, and you're right, if I walk into Audi and say I want to buy a car, they will give me a razor sharp timeline of when the car will be there, there is no adjustments twice a day, ranging from days to months

Teslas inventory control is a nightmare, and they cannot for the life of them accurately measure deliveries.

That said, we should very well in theory receive our cars before EOQ, I've been narrowed down to a 2 week window multiple times, but my SA insists that
  • " Hi Kyle! Everything is perfect on your account, and we're currently looking at delivery window between 02/11 - 02/22, this is quite accurate from what I've been seeing the past several months. Be on the lookout for a text from Tesla to select a delivery appointment in the coming weeks :) "

Hopefully it's true, and the older orders will start to see VIN assignments relatively quickly.

@ the people who're taking delivery soon...are you guys paying thru ACH or mailing check? I'm a little uneasy on paying such a large amount through the app..etc...Not sure If I can take the check to Tesla when i go pick up, or if they need the check prior to pickup..
This is what Tesla gave me, no VIN yet, but financing approved.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 1.51.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 1.51.20 PM.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 81