Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1646154593267.png

@ILArtemis 🤝 @luckofBrian

Christmas OD and Never getting our cars

Reactions: ILArtemis
I did something tonight that hopefully lights a fire under Tesla’ @$$ so they hurry up and give me a VIN:

I filled my gas tank.

$4.49 / gallon, 14 gallons. Ouch. Hurts the soul even more than the wallet, knowing that the last tank should have been my last one.
I did something tonight that hopefully lights a fire under Tesla’ @$$ so they hurry up and give me a VIN:

I filled my gas tank.

$4.49 / gallon, 14 gallons. Ouch. Hurts the soul even more than the wallet, knowing that the last tank should have been my last one.

A few more updates:
EDD #7 (2/21): 2/23-3/8
EDD #8 (2/24): 2/26-3/9

13 day window and now 11 (though the end day was pushed out by a day).

I noticed a lot of people on the East Coast get a VIN a week or two before the start of their EDD range. Any idea if this is different for Fremont deliveries where the car doesn’t need to be shipped? Hoping to get a VIN soon!
Everything happened really quickly!

I checked the app Saturday night (2/26) and saw I had a VIN and EDD of March 1 - 4 and a prompt to schedule home delivery. Sunday morning (2/27) I got a text asking if I wanted to take delivery the same day. Even with the 3/1-3/4 window, I was skeptical I could get financing arranged in time so I applied for Tesla financing and plan to refi when the dust settles though the 2.49% rate I have isn’t terrible.

Car was dropped off that evening with Ryzen, new battery, heated wipers (2022.3 installed so the button showed up), and as expected still has single pane rear windows. Some minor panel + trim gaps and a door handle that’s way too recessed. Booked a service appointment to fix.

One almost major issue was that they dropped off the car in my building’s concrete garage with almost no cell service. Car took ~20 mins to show up in the app and unlock after accepting delivery.

Hoping for some help :) I placed an order on 2/22 and my EDD is still May 26-June 23. I thought I had completed all of the tasks to this point but wanted to check with the SA and they informed me that I was still missing one step of adding my current insurance but no where on the app has a section for that. The Insurance section states I can upload the insurance when the VIN is assigned.

Anyone experience this? Located in CA if that matters

Probably my next-to-last post in this thread.

This has been like Groundhog Day... a new cast of folks coming here once they order their car, the older folks leaving after they take delivery and 'graduate.' The same hopes, fears, expectations, and questions refreshed every few weeks.

For me, it's down to brass tacks. Twenty-four hours until that long-hoped-for-and-long-imagined day... delivery.

I've been luckier than most... 29 days from order to VIN. And assuming everything continues going according to plan... 43 days from order to delivery.

Having read each of the hundreds of posts here since mid-January, here are my takeaways:

- Where you live, and when you order within a quarter, are the two factors more than any other that dictate when you will get your car. There's definitely a regional bias to how Tesla ships.

- Tesla's EDDs are truly schizophrenic. Especially subsequent ones to the first one after ordering. The advice would be to pay attention to the first one; and smile and shake your head at the others. But who can do that?!

- SA's, for the most part, don't have access to a lot more information than what you can see through your account on the web site. And SA's - God bless 'em, for they're just people trying to do their jobs - are just like any other employee in any other occupation... some are better than others, some are more knowledgeable than others, some are more motivated than others. They are most definitely not always right about things.

- The bugaboo that continues to catch out people - and the singular thing that you have control over - is making absolute certain that all ordering tasks are COMPLETE. Financing, in particular, is the reason that any number of people think they are in line for a car, but aren't. As their EDD keeps getting pushed out, they can't understand why. Understand that this is not loan approval, this is simply making sure that either CASH, LEASE, or LOAN have been selected when your car is ordered. Skip that step and you're not in line. The easiest thing to do, even if you intend to finance your vehicle, is select CASH when ordering. When you get your VIN, have it changed to LOAN or LEASE.

- The trade-in text is an exciting moment for most. It certainly was for me. Alas, I've not seen any evidence that it suggests one is close to a VIN.

In the event it's helpful, below is a summary of my order process. I'll (hopefully!) make a last post here tomorrow, after delivery.

Best of luck to all!

View attachment 775233
Groundhog day. Lol. Love it!

Well put. Thank you for all of the complete information. Best wishes for tomorrow!

Reactions: Regaj
I think Tesla is going to push hard to get as many Q1 deliveries as possible.
For those of us who have been waiting since last year, the end of this quarter is our last hope. Referring to the Order Tracking Spreadsheet, there are dozens of unfilled entries, but looking far enough back, everybody got their delivery eventually. It's uncanny that the span is from 1 to 141 days for an M3 LR, but we don't know how many holds & refusals are involved.

Today is Day One of my current EDD, however, many of us get our EDD changed on day TWO of their EDD. It either narrows, or jumps to an incomprehensible date in the distant future. Keep in mind, Tesla does not not get their money until they deliver a car, so they certainly have an incentive to deliver.

Car sharing with my wife has gone better than I thought and our price of gas hasn't changed, yet. So the wait goes on, seeking My Cousin VINny.

I would call the Orlando store, since I ordered a month after you, and have a delivery date scheduled for the 15th. It could be your profile is not complete.
I already have a few times, I think what screwed me over was delaying to fill out my trade in info (or in my case decline it after I made my mind up). But what I've been told by them is that I'm more than likely receiving it in March. It's been frustrating to see so many orders a month after me with their car already.

Reactions: Theraven