Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

Message from Montréal Quebec, can't wait to get my M3 LR and I have the back and forth date and don't know what to think anymore lol. So I joined this thread :p.

OD : 02/17 M3 LR AWD/Dark Grey/ Aero 18/ Black interior and no fsd
EDD1 (02/17) : May/june
EDD2 (02/27) : April 5th / May 3rd
EDD3 (03/02) : March 17 / March 31st
EDD4 (03/08) : May 10th / June 7th :'(

I don't know who should I trust, I was so happy to get it this month but it seems I won't. Anyone experienced the same delays today?

Thanks!!
I placed my order on the same day with the same exact specs but my location is SLC, UT.

Had an initial EDD of May-June then it updated to Apr-May back on the 25th and haven’t had any changes since.

Hi all!

Message from Montréal Quebec, can't wait to get my M3 LR and I have the back and forth date and don't know what to think anymore lol. So I joined this thread :p.

OD : 02/17 M3 LR AWD/Dark Grey/ Aero 18/ Black interior and no fsd
EDD1 (02/17) : May/june
EDD2 (02/27) : April 5th / May 3rd
EDD3 (03/02) : March 17 / March 31st
EDD4 (03/08) : May 10th / June 7th :'(

I don't know who should I trust, I was so happy to get it this month but it seems I won't. Anyone experienced the same delays today?

Thanks!!
Lots of people have seen delays today. Sure looked like we were gonna sneak in under the wire.

Reactions: GOGR33N
Ok folks I did a thing D. After being ignored by my SA For about a week and a half. I called Tesla directly as I have been following the inventory that's been getting pushed onto the website and decided to yolo on a performance model. Customer service rep was so nice
and informed me that if I didn't really want a
performance there was a similar LR spec (metallic blue black interior on aero rims)to what I originally ordered
except it has 19" wheels and white interior. I said sign me up. Got my VIN assigned instantly. I he did confirm it has the new chip and lithium battery. As well he told me
it's a brand new car. It wasn't a rejected quality car (no repairs) and was not a demo. Seems like someone wasn't ready for their car. ty to them 🥵

Vin 199xxx Blue/white interior/ 19"
ETA 3/11-3/15 to SoCal. Car is going to be transported from NorCal.

All in all a lot of inventory coming live online and they will switch you into that built car without loosing your initial deposit. You just have to be quick to call

Ok folks I did a thing D. After being ignored by my SA For about a week and a half. I called Tesla directly as I have been following the inventory that's been getting pushed onto the website and decided to yolo on a performance model. Customer service rep was so nice
and informed me that if I didn't really want a
performance there was a similar LR spec (metallic blue black interior on aero rims)to what I originally ordered
except it has 19" wheels and white interior. I said sign me up. Got my VIN assigned instantly. I he did confirm it has the new chip and lithium battery. As well he told me
it's a brand new car. It wasn't a rejected quality car (no repairs) and was not a demo. Seems like someone wasn't ready for their car. ty to them 🥵

Vin 199xxx Blue/white interior/ 19"
ETA 3/11-3/15 to SoCal. Car is going to be transported from NorCal.

All in all a lot of inventory coming live online and they will switch you into that built car without loosing your initial deposit. You just have to be quick to call
Going to attempt this now. Waiting for a callback. I don’t much care what color my car is as long as it is LRAWD and white interior

Reactions: EnjoiM3
In the same boat right now. SA asked me today if I wanted to change configuration at all. Pushing my EDD back must be a ploy for me to spend more money on options!
I wish they would at least give me that option. I haven’t encountered anyone even willing to work with me yet. I’d take any color and wheel size as long as I can get LRAWD with white seats

Reactions: GOGR33N
Attention brothers & sisters, I received a VIN today, 204xxx! After changing my pants, I also discovered an updated EDD of 3/19-3/23. There appears to be some value to the theory that the first EDD you get after ordering is the most accurate, if I take delivery by the 22nd. At least following the bouncing EDD's gives us some exercise, it beats jumping to conclusions.

Attention brothers & sisters, I received a VIN today, 204xxx! After changing my pants, I also discovered an updated EDD of 3/19-3/23. There appears to be some value to the theory that the first EDD you get after ordering is the most accurate, if I take delivery by the 22nd. At least following the bouncing EDD's gives us some exercise, it beats jumping to conclusions.
I hope you are right

Welcome to the family!

I had a 2011 EVO X, wicked white with the SSS (sun, sight, and sound) package and leather, heated front seats with navigation and the Rockford Fosgate sound system. I bought it new in August 2011 and put 109k miles on it. I got some quotes from local dealers between $13k and $15k. Ended up selling it privately for $23k!

What's your EDD?
How was experience going from from the EVO to the Tesla? VROOM, Carvana, etc is quoting me 30k-ish. Trying to decide if I sell privately or just trade in. I also own the car so the total amount is going towards the tesla. My EDD is showing May 19-June 16, which feels like forever but that seems just the way it is.

How was experience going from from the EVO to the Tesla? VROOM, Carvana, etc is quoting me 30k-ish. Trying to decide if I sell privately or just trade in. I also own the car so the total amount is going towards the tesla. My EDD is showing May 19-June 16, which feels like forever but that seems just the way it is.
Man, I loved my EVO! But as soon as I test drove the Tesla, I knew what its predecessor was going to be. The Tesla is much faster (at least 1 full second 0-60), much quieter, much smoother, and more comfortable. And do I need to mention all the tech?

If I were you, I would spend some time seeing how much your STI is going for and see if it's worth the extra hassle to sell it privately. $30k-ish is not bad for trade-in.

My 2nd EDD was that exact window, then it got bumped up to 05/03 - 05/31 and it's been there for a couple of weeks. My OD is 02/11.

I'm trying to figure out when to expect my VIN assignment. The Tesla order spreadsheet is showing an average of 40 days from order to VIN, then an average of 12 days from VIN to delivery. But that data goes all the way back to 2018, and I feel that most people don't bother filling out the form to populate it. So who knows. I wish I could forget I ever ordered the damn thing and then be surprised that my car is ready to be picked up. Wishful thinking!

Reactions: Theraven