Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking on this thread for a while. Thank you for all the valuable information!

I just placed my order and am very interested in seeing the delivery date as I expect rising gas and raw material prices have motivated many (like me) to order!

2022 M3LR - Ohio - Midnight Silver | Black | 18" | No FSD |nnnn OD 03/09/22 (May estimateI hope thay
I hope that May Est stays that way for you... because if you just ordered today it might jump to June -July date range .. just be prepared

Has anyone who got Tesla Insurance and is Financing ( not Tesla ) been able to get Tesla to send the policy coverage documents to Financial Institution/LienHolder?

I called Tesla Insurance and the agent added the Losspayee as requested, but said they have no way of faxing/mailing/emailing proof of coverage to the Lien Holder. I looked up online and it appears to be pretty standard practice. Did luck out with an ignorant agent or is that standard practice for Tesla Insurance?

Been following this thread for a while, but haven't posted.

M3LR; Black exterior; White interior; Aero Wheels; No FSD
San Diego area

Order date 12/31
Initial EDD: March
2nd EDD: March 7-30
3rd EDD: March 7-19
on March 7th EDD: April 11-May 9

:( super bummed that I was already in my delivery window before they pushed it back 1-2 months...

Anyone in SoCal seeing the same delays? My sales advisor said it's possible it will change as they see how many cars they're getting for the last two weeks of the quarter, but still a bummer to wait this long...

Seeing a lot of people getting their EDD change from weeks earlier, thats awesome. Hopefully that will happen to me too. OD on 2/16 and live in NorCal about 15 mins from factory. My EDD right now is April 28 - May 26. Do you guys think it will change again to like march or early april?

Been following this thread for a while, but haven't posted.

M3LR; Black exterior; White interior; Aero Wheels; No FSD
San Diego area

Order date 12/31
Initial EDD: March
2nd EDD: March 7-30
3rd EDD: March 7-19
on March 7th EDD: April 11-May 9

:( super bummed that I was already in my delivery window before they pushed it back 1-2 months...

Anyone in SoCal seeing the same delays? My sales advisor said it's possible it will change as they see how many cars they're getting for the last two weeks of the quarter, but still a bummer to wait this long...
I’m from NorCal and my latest EDD received on 3/3 will be on 3/9 - 3/23. I’m hoping not to get a pushback anymore. On my way to work (Fremont) I saw 2 car trailers filled with Model heading North of 680. Hoping that one of them is mine🙏😁

Its funny, the first time I tried ( couple of days ago ) the difference between TI and Geico quote was a no more than $40, today its about $200 in favor of TI. Go figure!
I contact my insurance in Feb to get an estimate and the price they quoted wasn’t a whole lot more than what I was already paying, then the agent I spoke with after VIN arrived was like $400 more… they refused to match the previous quote or even check if they were providing the same discounts on the new one.

Reactions: Kaytu
I just got the (exciting or dreaded?) pushback. From what I have witnessed, two factors seem to cause this. One: tasks need to be completed. Two: they are ABOUT to assign a vin and for some reason, for some people, the system spits out a wonky far-away date prior to this.

HOPING for the latter. Freaking out that maybe we missed something and will not have this car in time for our mega-road trip.

M3LR+/ Blue-W/ 18" Aero/No FSD - PU in DFW
OD: 2/4. EDD: 3/6-3/31. EDD 2: 3/14-3/27.
EDD 3 given 3/8/22: April 30 - May 28
It was the latter! Assigned a vin today around 4 p.m. Delivery window between today and the 13. I am a touch worried, because the vin is 183...

Fingers crossed that if this is someone's reject, that all issues have been repaired!

M3LR+/ Blue-W/ 18" Aero/No FSD - PU in DFW
OD: 2/4. EDD: 3/6-3/31. EDD 2: 3/14-3/27.
EDD 3 given 3/8/22: April 30 - May 28

Vin 183... assigned 3/9/22: Delivery Window 3/9/22-3/13/22

Reactions: angeliavee
OD 11/8 and the latest EDD March 11 - 31. Registration is coming due on the car I am planning on selling and I am hoping I get the new car soon.

I am trading a 2019 Mid Range, Black, in immaculate condition 15,000 miles, no auto pilot
Carvana 34,585 (30 days ago $39,800)
Tesla 32,500
Shift 38,800
Local Dealer $39,000
CarMax -Will try this week

I paid $39,700 for the car three years ago, so overall not bad but was shocked how much Carvana's offer dropped.
yeah, its starting to look like used car values are dropping back to earth. Not 3 weeks ago, I got an offer from Carmax for my old Camry for $6300 (it matched the TrueCar value to the dollar)…FAST FORWARD…

Today, while i haven’t been back just yet to get an updated appraisal, all valuations of the car (KBB, NADA, TrueCar) have dropped significantly…i pulled up TrueCar today and it dropped more than $1K 😳😳

Had i not needed the car, I would have let them have it when they gave the appraisal…oh well 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Theraven
Seeing a lot of people getting their EDD change from weeks earlier, thats awesome. Hopefully that will happen to me too. OD on 2/16 and live in NorCal about 15 mins from factory. My EDD right now is April 28 - May 26. Do you guys think it will change again to like march or early april?
I‘m out in Oakland and my OD is 2/22 and the EDD has held steady on 5/26 - 6/23. I’m hoping for an early May delivery but doubtful that it will happen.

After reading countless posts in this forum I know that changes in EDD are often meaningless, but have seen EDDs move up with same or later ODs. Seeing some change in my EDD would at least give me the perception that my order progressing! 😆

This has been an 8 year journey to finally placing the order for a 2022 Model 3 LR with FSD and Aerowheels with Pearl White and Black interior.

Gresham, Oregon(East of Portland, OR)
OD - 3/8/2022
EDD - May 2022
1st EDD - May 29 - June 28 2022

Like many, my experience thus far is so smooth. Love the ability to have a conversation and not be pressured into this model or that. This upgrade or that. The staff having intimate knowledge of the vehicles and little insights.

To be able complete the order process within a few minutes from your mobile phone is great. If I was going to make any complaint at the moment with that, it would be to have the payment/purchase price estimator include all fees and such in the grand total. The extra ~$1500 was not what I was expecting and also to be a little more clear that the Tax rebate comes after your submit paperwork and not processed at the time of purchase.

So, I am really looking forward to this, I have been wanting one since I test drive the P85D when that was first released.

Reactions: angeliavee