Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone reassure me that the price when they ordered was the price they paid at pick up? I was nervous after the price increase last week that my $250 deposit might not have "locked in" my price. The wording on the agreement is intentionally vague and does not say the price is locked. I am sure all of you who are still waiting are in the same boat. OD 3/1/22, EDD 5/20-6/17

Can someone reassure me that the price when they ordered was the price they paid at pick up? I was nervous after the price increase last week that my $250 deposit might not have "locked in" my price. The wording on the agreement is intentionally vague and does not say the price is locked. I am sure all of you who are still waiting are in the same boat. OD 3/1/22, EDD 5/20-6/17
You are good.

Reactions: mystryman007
Got my adapter. Now I just need the car to go with it. 🤣

Attachments

• 1C506CD6-5C4E-40EB-9E2D-C29D16B55548.jpeg
    1C506CD6-5C4E-40EB-9E2D-C29D16B55548.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 85
It pays to have your items completed... including financing.

I ordered 1/3, black/black/18s/no FSD. Here in Toledo, OH.
The OG delivery date was something like Feb-March. Changed a couple times and ended up at 3/8-22. Then bumped to 4/5-5/?

I called support yesterday for the first time and spoke with someone who said my Tesla financing had expired and I should re-authorize that to make sure my profile was complete. Did that and a few hours later I get a text with my VIN! Scheduled delivery for this Saturday.

After ordering I completed all tasks, including financing through Tesla (not technically tesla but whatever). I suspect when that expired after 60 days is when my dates jumped.

FYI, I texted support to ask if my car had all the new's... AMD, 12v, double pane rear, wipers... He said yes. VIN# 207XXX

Mine have always been great if I’ve had questions but I don’t expect they’ll be proactive.
Mine have been great as well, and I don't expect proactivity from the SAs per se. But I do expect proactivity in some form during the purchase process. If I regress on my order (a trade-in valuation expires), I expect a notification. If I get a VIN assigned, I expect a notification. They don't do those things.

As for SAs being more active at delivery, I still don't expect proactivity on their part. It's really not their job to handle delivery. I'm two days away. I know the car is supposed to be at the showroom today because I called in a couple days ago. I'm just keeping an eye on the app, which currently tells me that they'll let me know when they have the number for my payment. I think that "letting me know" will take the form of the app updating. Even at the time of purchase, I'm the one who will be letting them know I'm there and ready to inspect, pay and accept the car. They just exist to allow me to complete the process.

I see people who have been sitting on their order for months and I wonder if they're supposed to be doing something - only they don't know it. They just assume that Tesla will proactively guide them through the process when Tesla is assuming that everyone will just keep checking the app. Tesla has stepped away from the dealership model so far that they think in terms of being more of a car vending machine than a company with customers.

Cant help but get irritated, order date of 01/11 M3LR, MSM, Aero, black interior, no FSD - have seen multiple of the same build delivered after me, and most all cars around me on the spreadsheet have been delivered.

yes, all tasks are complete, yes ive talked to my SA a few times to verify and see if I can get offered different colors and get same canned response check existing inventory on our website.

Cant help but get irritated, order date of 01/11 M3LR, MSM, Aero, black interior, no FSD - have seen multiple of the same build delivered after me, and most all cars around me on the spreadsheet have been delivered.

yes, all tasks are complete, yes ive talked to my SA a few times to verify and see if I can get offered different colors and get same canned response check existing inventory on our website.
I should add Original delivery date March pushed back to April - May window during Teslas 2 day shutdown in February then jumped back up to a 2 week window in march the first week of march then back to April 26- May 24