Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a nice looking car for sure. Don't let my misadventures sour your anticipation. The tag transfer was pretty unusual (nobody was trading in their car with Tesla while I was there), the app misbehaving was probably due to my old phone (whose battery is getting destroyed by the Tesla app), and the dent and misalignment are hardly noticeable unless you actively look. I've never inspected a car this thoroughly before. If I had, I'm sure I would have found minor issues like these on prior vehicles. The dent is the size of my thumbnail, and the glass is off by a couple millimeters on one side while it's level on the other.

I forgot to add that I got the charging cord, 110 volt connector and an SAE J1772 adapter. No other accessories were present unless you include the tow hook in the frunk.
No mud flaps or mats?

For the "few" of us in Delaware (and maybe for those in states where Tesla does not handle title transfer), Tesla should give us a temporary tag and we keep our current license plates. Then head on down to our DMV to the Titles area and they will handle the rest. I called Delaware DMV yesterday and confirmed I can keep my old plates and transfer them to the new Tesla.

Also, big bonus here, Delaware has a Document Fee Refund Form that basically credits the sale of a vehicle within 60 days Before or After Titling Date against the Document Fee for titling a new vehicle in Delaware. For those who may not know, Delaware has no sales tax, however, they have a "document fee" of 4.25% of the total vehicle sale price when you purchase a new vehicle as a Delaware resident.

So, if I sell my old car to say, Carvana for $19,000 before I pickup my Tesla, I can deduct $19,000 from Tesla's total sale price and that reduced amount is what I have to pay 4.25% of when I go to the DMV to title my new Tesla. It's Form MV347.

Where is the spreadsheet that I have seen people mention, is it attached to this thread or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

We request edit access and then submit our info?

No mud flaps or mats?
Oops. Forgot the mats. Cloth mats did come with the car. Driver, passenger, and a wide one for the back. Mud flaps did not come with the car. I've got a set on order. And to be thorough, I also got a mount for the front license plate.

I found another black smudge on the interior cloth, and there is tape still attached to the underside of the rear window. Either the assembly crew is working like maniacs or I got a Monday/Friday car.

Reactions: Prime1000
So excited today!

M3LR White, Black, 19", no FSD. NY
OD: 2/21
EDD at order: May -June
EDD 2/10: May 4 - June 1
EDD 3/8: March 22-31
EDD 3/11: March 25-31
called Tesla at Mt. Kisco to upload trade-in pictures. first time contact Tesla. NO SA.

EDD 3/21: May 1-June 5.

3/23/2022 suddenly got a call from tesla NY, texted me the VIN number. scheduled to pick up on 3/26 at 3pm.

Thank you!

Reactions: elyk864
"Closed Mouth Don't Get Feed"

Thats what my Mama told me

So today i decided to text my SA and ask if the cars in inventory with FSD be assigned without FSD.
1hr later my SA texted me back - Yes we can take off FSD on Any inventory car.
I replied - Ok thank you and then asked -- would i be able to keep my same price if i selected the same build in inventory ...

10 mins past without a reply ...

BOOM

then i get a Automated text saying .. HI your VIN is now Assigned .
then 2 mins later a Phone call from My SA telling me she found me a vin from a cancellation. and i can pick up before the 30th ..

A CLOSED MOUTH DON'T GET FEED.

Reactions: Prrolliso
So excited today!

called Tesla at Mt. Kisco to upload trade-in pictures. first time contact Tesla. NO SA.

3/23/2022 suddenly got a call from tesla NY, texted me the VIN number. scheduled to pick up on 3/26 at 3pm.
Damn, good turnaround time! I’m in Roc, ordered 5 days later and my EDD is still May 13-June 10. Almost the same config, except I went with 18”

So excited today!

Love it. Congrats! Keeping hope (earlier than May delivery) alive!

We request edit access and then submit our info?
Good question. That will be great if you enter your information. To enter your information:
  • Go to Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet
  • Top bullet point has the link to page where you enter your information
  • The second bullet point includes the read-only spreadsheet where you can see your data, along with other's information

Reactions: SCTes1aMan