Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said recently that FSD is best in the Bay Area since that is where it is being developed- but that soon enough all cities and countries will get to that level. It must be something to do with this- Canadaian FSD just is not as developed as America’s yet, but it will get there.
I think you bring up a good point. Beyond the legal between countries, it could just be a matter of less Teslas and more rural roads so the program isn’t as mature as in other countries and larger cities.

Elon said recently that FSD is best in the Bay Area since that is where it is being developed- but that soon enough all cities and countries will get to that level. It must be something to do with this- Canadaian FSD just is not as developed as America’s yet, but it will get there.

The exact technical explanation is, for any Machine Learning model you need training data. The more the training data, the better the performance. Given huge number of Tesla's in California (and Tesla running its own calibration vehicles), there is more training data to train the FSD models. Hence the performance in California is better.

To give even more technical explanation, in Machine Learning models you need both global features (general road and traffic sign shapes) and local features (specific type of road in a specific area on a highway). In California, given more Tesla drivers (and Tesla running its own calibration vehicles), they have been able to collect more local features. In other areas with less Teslas, they have data on less local features. So the performance is better in California.

Nothing really "new" to report. I wasn't affected by the EDD system "getting its 4/20 on" last week like so many others I saw in here. Still showing June 1- July 6. Ordered 3/15. LR. Black paint black interior 18" aeros, no "FSD".... fingers crossed this EDD HOLDS. Driving my wife's Ford Escape and hating it every day.

I do have to say... paying for gas feels different now. It's like an inside joke that the gas pump's days are numbered! Can't wait for that LAST fill-up!

Here's to hoping we all get our cars faster than expected.

I've been trying not to refresh the app as often or get on here to see things move in the wrong direction. It's helped my sanity a bit. Now I just need to quit buying things for the car before I have a $60k car with $15k worth of accessories!
Yeah I know how that feels. All the extra stuff is adding up. Then it’s home charging, PPF , Ceramic , tint.. they used to say Jeep stood for Just Empty Every Pocket. Now can someone creative come up with an anagram for Tesla ? I tried , but failed.

Reactions: MADevarenne
The exact technical explanation is, for any Machine Learning model you need training data. The more the training data, the better the performance. Given huge number of Tesla's in California (and Tesla running its own calibration vehicles), there is more training data to train the FSD models. Hence the performance in California is better.

To give even more technical explanation, in Machine Learning models you need both global features (general road and traffic sign shapes) and local features (specific type of road in a specific area on a highway). In California, given more Tesla drivers (and Tesla running its own calibration vehicles), they have been able to collect more local features. In other areas with less Teslas, they have data on less local features. So the performance is better in California.
Thank you! Great clarification! You said that much better than I ever could have.

Reactions: show_stoppa
Thats crazy you ordered and picking up the same month?! Exciting! I am so excited to get ours. Ordered 3/8/2022 if we get ours end of April I would be happy, but currently EDDW is 5/29-6/26
Wow I ordered on 03/07 and mine just got pushed to sep-dec window. I have no idea what the hell is going on
FF0D9CFE-CCD4-42EB-A62F-288EB7D1CABC.png

First day of my one and only EDD window. Not sure if this bodes well if I’m still with a 4 week window though, so expecting I’ll either get pushed back or get my 2 week window very soon. Wish me luck!

Asked before, but no one answered, so will try again here.

Has anyone seen a VIN assigned during a 4 week window without ever getting down to a 2 week window?

Reactions: doodlebob424
Just another set of data points....White ext., Aero, Black interior, no FSD, partially financed, no trade-in.....Reno, NV
(TMC order tracker updated today)

Order Date: 2/11 (profile completed 2/14)
Once profile was completed - EDD March 16-31
Financing expired on 4/18, resubmitted info within a few hours.
EDD Pushed back 3x , I didn't track the actual dates.
until yesterday, my EDD was April 22 - May 20
4/25/22 - EDD pushed back to May 9th - June 6th.

Just random info....I currently drive a Mustang Mach E, premium, AWD standard range. I'm selling this and replacing with the M3LR above. MachE is smooth driving and a little quieter but the difference is marginal; however, range isn't good and Ford's approach to technology, updates, and UI is old school and frustrating.

I put a deposit on a MachE CA Rt. 1, AWD extended range on 1/26/22 before I decided I wanted a M3LR. As a point of reference, I've received no updates from Ford and their forum groups aren't as organized. As frustrating as this experience with Tesla has been, it is much worse with Ford.

I put a deposit on a MachE CA Rt. 1, AWD extended range on 1/26/22 before I decided I wanted a M3LR. As a point of reference, I've received no updates from Ford and their forum groups aren't as organized. As frustrating as this experience with Tesla has been, it is much worse with Ford.
The "Tesla experience" is supposed to be better than ALL cars, not just EVs. Of course Ford is struggling with the Mach-e. It's their first real attempt at an EV.

Yeah I might hold off... I've already planned on putting an aftermarket set of 19's on the car when I get it, so I didn't really have any reason for the stock 19's. Whatever stock wheels I get, they are just going to be my winter setup. That being said, I'd really prefer getting the aero wheels and use for winter, as they would def help the range in the cold weather over the stock 19's. Hopefully my EDD goes back to what it originally was and I get the car at least at the end of may/mid june. The main reason for me to get the 19's is really to try and get the car sooner lol
I plan on sticking with the 18’s and probably putting on a set of Rimetrix Orbital wheel covers. They mimic the 19’s pretty well, IMO.