Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
admit it...you're just trying to suck up to see if they can move you up the line...well played, well played!!!!!
I wrote a "suck up letter" to my store's manager giving praise to two reps in the store that took care of us and my son. I really did it because I like giving praise but yeah, I was hoping it would put me at the top of any list they had. Getting 2 VINs both within a month means the letter didn't work. First VIN was a month after ordering on 2/28 and the 2nd VIN on 4/28 was after getting back in queue on 3/25 and I wrote the letter the next day. Son took the car instead.

Reactions: Junior86
They never responded.
Watch, tomorrow my EDD will be October.
As we are all experiencing, there is no rhyme or reason but, after denying the first car on 3/25, my financing was ending on 4/28 so last week, I had my SA change it over to Cash. And wouldn't you know, I get a new VIN on the day the first financing expires. I was thinking maybe it is true that switching over to Cash expedites an assignment but who really knows. Anyway, I had to go through the whole loan approval process again and I'm not complaining as I know others here are suffering way worse than me but c'mon, if I would have gotten a VIN just one day before, my first financing would have been good and I would have saved .25% interest. Oh well.

As we are all experiencing, there is no rhyme or reason but, after denying the first car on 3/25, my financing was ending on 4/28 so last week, I had my SA change it over to Cash. And wouldn't you know, I get a new VIN on the day the first financing expires. I was thinking maybe it is true that switching over to Cash expedites an assignment but who really knows. Anyway, I had to go through the whole loan approval process again and I'm not complaining as I know others here are suffering way worse than me but c'mon, if I would have gotten a VIN just one day before, my first financing would have been good and I would have saved .25% interest. Oh well.
How long are the financing approvals for? 60 days? Just wondering so I can time mine, I currently have it set to cash but I want to try and lock in a rate when able EDD is July - Aug so I am a way out.

That's cool of them. Here are some percentage comparisons from 1.89% to 3.50% in case that lock doesn't last. I did two examples of 60 and 72 months and chose a $40k loan as an example. I also jumped up to 2.99% since that's what Tesla's rate is right now.
I messed the data sheet and can't edit them so here is the corrected version all on one page. Top rows are 60 months and bottoms are 72.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 102
It definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but the demo had only 480 miles on it. I'm guessing the miles-to-butts ratio is something like 50:1. I can live with 9.6 butts having touched the virgin driver seat if it saves me a couple of months agonizing over the ever- changing EDDs. But I completely understand the sentiment nonetheless.
Test drives are typically 30 minutes total, at least in NY. That includes time to get comfortable in car, adjust seat, mirrors, steering wheel. I think I ended up driving 16 miles total and even then i was a couple minutes late back (next test driver was waiting). For 480 miles of test driving I would think at least 30 sweaty asses have moistened and warmed the drivers seat to-date. 😲

Last edited:
How long are the financing approvals for? 60 days? Just wondering so I can time mine, I currently have it set to cash but I want to try and lock in a rate when able EDD is July - Aug so I am a way out.
Here you go. Also see my post above that shows payment increase based on interest rate hikes.

Download and use this to play with your own numbers Simple Interest Rate Calculator Download File and only click the download button that looks like the other image attached

Attachments

• loan.jpg
    loan.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 74
  • hj.jpg
    hj.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 77
View attachment 799000

Friend of mine just sent this to me… just took this pic a few min ago here in Buffalo NY
See the large piece of tape covering the charging port door on the black MY? Those Teslas in the photo are missing the charging port. My VIN is sitting at my sales center waiting for that part. It has been there the entire week and the anticipation is killing me.

You could check the sheet:
You could check the sheet:
Thank You for that link. If you want some info to add to that sheet my OD is 2/19 and it’s Nashville TN