Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man... I would be beyond livid over this... I hope that this works out for you soon and thanks for the warning!
LIVID is a good word for it, but I am so powerless to do anything, they literally do NOT care at all. And what do I do? Cancel my order, big whoop to them, the wait is so long for new cars they'll have my car sold minutes after I cancel the order. I'm basically being held hostage, they already have my money.

Just updated from white to MSM, hopefully the magical random Tesla system does not decide to bless me with an EDD 3 months later than my current one in the next few days, and that I am still eligible for a free mobile connector (Tesla order support had no clue as to either).
Just pray you don’t go through what I did when I changed my build. Turns out I’m now treated as a 5/12 OD instead of a 4/30 when I switched from RWD, but color changing probably doesn’t have a huge effect.

Edit: wrong wording fixed

I'm right there with you, KC has 80 on their lot according to my conversation with the manager today
I can confirm that! I drove by the KC service center last week since it's close to me and it's crazy how many brand new Tesla's they had just sitting on the lot. Every single parking space was filled plus they had cars parked in the aisles and pretty much anywhere they could find a spot. There isn't room for a mouse on that lot. Deliveries in this area are going to skyrocket when they get the missing part situation figured out.

Reactions: jpaychek
1st two weeks of June - final East coast push.

Last 2 weeks of June - west coast quarter rush…

That’s my theory
I was thinking maybe (for selfish reasons)
1st two days of June = Final East coast push
Rest of June = West coast quarter rush

OD: 2/26 - M3LR Red, Black Interior, Aero, No FSD
EDD #1: 5/13 - 6/10
EDD #2: 6/3 - 6/17

Nobody seems to know anything, the "manager" in KC is a clueless as everyone i've talked to. He has no visibility into the status of the parts, and it just keeps getting delayed. Was supposed to take delivery May 5th, now it's been pushed back to June 6th at the earliest, meanwhile my car is just sitting in a lot in KC waiting on this part.
On the one hand, it's good to know that many other people are in this boat. I'm not in any way the only one.

On the other hand, I was originally told that the parts were already "shipped." If so, there has to be a tracking number. Which means there has to be an ETA. Which means there has to be a way to put a more realistic delivery date in people's app. And if that date isn't going to be like tomorrow, there has to be a way to put a freeze on new VIN assignment so that the people who have been waiting for this part get their cars first.

I was thinking maybe (for selfish reasons)
1st two days of June = Final East coast push
Rest of June = West coast quarter rush

OD: 2/26 - M3LR Red, Black Interior, Aero, No FSD
EDD #1: 5/13 - 6/10
EDD #2: 6/3 - 6/17
I got my Vin I’m Raleigh NC pickup for 6/3-6/7

Nobody seems to know anything, the "manager" in KC is a clueless as everyone i've talked to. He has no visibility into the status of the parts, and it just keeps getting delayed. Was supposed to take delivery May 5th, now it's been pushed back to June 6th at the earliest, meanwhile my car is just sitting in a lot in KC waiting on this part.
got a message saying it comes with charging port, and that was after asking if it came with the NEMA adapter bundle.