Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was quote 600, and thought that was high. So I did it myself for around 79 dollar. It really depend on how far you want it from the panel. The closer the cheaper cause wires 6 gauges do not come cheap.
6 gauge THHN shouldn't be too expensive depending where you go. I'd recommend going to an electrical supply store rather than a home depot or lowes as it will be cheaper for sure. I grabbed my wire for .94 cents a foot.

Reactions: jpaychek
That's crazy...I just paid $415 to have my wall connector installed in the garage. Maybe the market is different where y'all are at? The NEMA 14-50 install quote was $445 for reference when i was looking at a wall connector vs 14-50. (panel to charger is about 4 foot)
The wire for my job was as much as your entire job. 6/3 is expensive stuff
How did you all handle the proof of insurance ? The policy should be started until the delivery day, and I can get proof of insurance until then. Interested to see how you all handled that portion of it.
My insurance company (Erie Insurance) handled it flawlessly. My insurance agent sent me a PDF of the insurance card a couple days before delivery (wouldn't send it any sooner), which I printed out and took with me. Coverage started the day of delivery. I picked up at Tysons as well.

Could folks say how many days they're seeing to VIN or delivery? I just saw some VINs that were around the 75 day mark. We'll have to wait and see what the west coast folks get.

Reactions: jpaychek
6 gauge THHN shouldn't be too expensive depending where you go. I'd recommend going to an electrical supply store rather than a home depot or lowes as it will be cheaper for sure. I grabbed my wire for .94 cents a foot.
Wow that cheap, I paid 6.73 a foot, romex. Because I know it better, and didn’t want any wires mess up on my Tesla or the house. Cheaper isn’t alway better, I buy 3 foot and it more then enough.

Well, I just calculate my bill for this month, just for people that would like to know, so I charge my ev every 3-4 day, around 40 kw each time , multiple by 10 . In a month, I spend around 4 dollar a month in electric.

Background, ga power is 7 cent kw, but if you charge it between 11pm -7am , it 1 cent a kw.

So in term of saving, when I was driving a Lexus, 50 a week times 4 equals 200 a month.
Cause that premium gas suck.

So check with y’all electric company they may offer different incentives or plan that can save you money during certain hour.

Good news … bad news. Just got my VIN this afternoon! 260xxx with build date of yesterday. According to my SA they do NOT have matrix lights. Ugh
So I’m going to accept even with the old lights. Asked my SA to switch me from Cash to Financing and it took less than ten minutes from application to approval…3.24%. Also got a new 4-day EDD window (6/6-6/10). Hope it holds.

So I’m going to accept even with the old lights. Asked my SA to switch me from Cash to Financing and it took less than ten minutes from application to approval…3.24%. Also got a new 4-day EDD window (6/6-6/10). Hope it holds.
Just to get myself prepared for VIN day, are you contacting your SA through SMS? I don’t think my SA reads any of my messages both through email and chat SAs sending them request for contact.

Today is my 3 month OD anniversary. 90 days and still no VIN.
No changes to EDD. No VIN over the weekend (prediction failed, I want my money back).
Based on past EDD's, tomorrow I'll get bumped out a week to another two week window.

I think the one thing that is irritating me more than anything is filling up my current car with gas. Each fill up, I'm like "is this the last tank of gas I'll have to purchase?". And, with fuel over $5 a gallon here now, I can't wait until I'm done with $75 gas station visits!
Came in to check if you already got your vin to give me a moral boost since you start your window today.... guess will lower my expectations again for the start of mine in 2 days 😓

I was hoping to not have to renew the tags of my trade in Prius that expire at the end of the month or fill her tank anymore

Wow that cheap, I paid 6.73 a foot, romex. Because I know it better, and didn’t want any wires mess up on my Tesla or the house. Cheaper isn’t alway better, I buy 3 foot and it more then enough.

Well, I just calculate my bill for this month, just for people that would like to know, so I charge my ev every 3-4 day, around 40 kw each time , multiple by 10 . In a month, I spend around 4 dollar a month in electric.

Background, ga power is 7 cent kw, but if you charge it between 11pm -7am , it 1 cent a kw.

So in term of saving, when I was driving a Lexus, 50 a week times 4 equals 200 a month.
Cause that premium gas suck.

So check with y’all electric company they may offer different incentives or plan that can save you money during certain hour.
1 cent per kWh is incredible!

Reactions: parrainx
Came in to check if you already got your vin to give me a moral boost since you start your window today.... guess will lower my expectations again for the start of mine in 2 days 😓

I was hoping to not have to renew the tags of my trade in Prius that expire at the end of the month or fill her tank anymore
Sorry to let you down.
On the plus side, I let my tags expire on my current vehicle. I said screw it, I'll take my chances!

I picked up on Friday and wanted to drive a bit before making my “graduation post”! Sorry if this is super long, I’m waiting for the windows to be tinted!

I went to my delivery appointment with a friend who recently became a Model 3 LR owner a few months ago and we inspected the exterior of the car together before going in and talking to anyone. We noticed some paint imperfections that were all buffed out later, as well as what appeared to be a scuff on the headlights (Matrix, btw) which turned out to be a super weird reflection. The only other issue was the passenger-side mirror was not perfectly flush with the rest of the car like the driver’s-side is. They had service look into it and they informed me that it was “within spec” so if I wanted it fixed I’d either have to pay for it myself or reject the VIN. Obviously I wasn’t going to do that over a minor cosmetic defect that I’ll never really see, so I accepted delivery, installed my screen protector and was on my way!

Having been without any car for the last 4 months left me apprehensive not only to drive again, but to learn the single-pedal method as well. Fortunately, it was a quick learning curve for me and by the end of the weekend I actually felt as if I’ve never been so in control of a vehicle. It is just an absolute joy to drive. I feel like a pro race car driver hitting corners and maneuvering through traffic feels so fluid. Regenerative braking is the hardest part to learn, imo, but now that I got it, I feel somehow safer while driving. I think because if I had to slam on my brakes, the car is already starting before I do? Not sure yet, but I like it!

My partner and I took a little road trip from Seattle to Oregon and back using only the Supercharger network along the way. Thoughts on that: Fairly conveniently placed stations provided decent options for food, bathrooms and shopping. Although I don’t believe any Superchargers have their own amenities, they were pretty much all in shopping centers and two of them had a Target. We never had to charge for more than 20 min to get back on the road and most of the longer ones were us electing to stay longer than it said we needed to and watching Netflix! Realizing you don’t have to stay with the car and can go get food or whatever and stretch your legs actually broke up the trip really nicely and as a driver I felt less fatigued by the end of the day.

Here’s some pros & cons I can think of right now after driving most of the weekend:

+Audio is AMAZING! I’ve never purchased a car that I didn’t feel the need to upgrade the sound system until now. Bass is loud & clear, plus you can adjust the EQ quite easily.

+Acceleration is incredible, even without acc-boost.

+Handling is like a dream (I’m mostly using sport mode steering)

+Autopilot is still scary to me but it is kind of amazing. Just make sure you are only using it in places that are safe to do so, such as the highway and not city streets. It will run a red light, stop sign, whatever. I know we all know but it’s important to note that this is not FSD and should not be treated as such.

+The whole info-tainment system is quite fast and responsive with the new Ryzen chipset.

-The system alerts for braking (like if it thinks you’re gonna hit the car in front of you) are a little overzealous in my opinion, but I think that as a result I am probably becoming a safer driver so that I don’t have to hear it!

-I feel distracted by everything happening on the screen and not knowing exactly where everything is but I’m getting used to it more each time I drive.

-Everything I own is Apple and it is super upsetting that there isn’t any Apple Music integration. Spotify works nicely, though.

As I mentioned earlier, I’m waiting while my windows are being tinted. Ceramic, 5% on the back, 15% on the front. What they suggested to do for the rear window was to tint all the way up to the highest defroster line (which I don’t think you can see from the outside) so there’s a little bit of overlap, but its right were the built-in tint starts becoming very dark. They tested the existing tint for me and it is actually ZERO% on the top and has a long gradient leading up to the part where you can easily see the fade. Interesting stuff. Will post pics after they finish!

I probably forgot a bunch of stuff you guys want to know so let me know if you have any questions and also THIS AGONIZING WAIT WILL COME TO AN END!!!! Just try to be more patient than I was and your time will be here before you know it!

Attachments

• 73898D8C-C885-4D0E-B4CF-80E43A8270C7.jpeg
    73898D8C-C885-4D0E-B4CF-80E43A8270C7.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 87293B92-E36B-4C78-ADE1-E9AC11B2C68F.jpeg
    87293B92-E36B-4C78-ADE1-E9AC11B2C68F.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 60
On Reddit someone got a VIN of 262 with the old headlights. From what I remember, the last I heard of lots of the old headlights are with the 244-249 range. Are 26xx vins getting mostly old lights?
I didn't see the post on Reddit but I did just ask my SA to check my VIN and they confirmed it had the global headlights. Now, obviously we always take it with a grain of salt but mine is a 262 vin.

VIN Today! I was notified via text. Now it is just a matter of getting this switch from cash to Finance, and then insurance, and all the rest of that fun stuff. How did you all handle the proof of insurance ? The policy should be started until the delivery day, and I can get proof of insurance until then. Interested to see how you all handled that portion of it.
I have Traveler's Insurance through a local broker. What mine did was set me up with a temporary insurance binder that starts today which included a card I can upload to get it all filed. What they said is to call them back as soon as I have a finalized delivery/receiving date and they'll change the start and end dates to coincide with actual pickup and my normal insurance expiration.

Graduated today!! 80 days exactly from order to delivery. No major issues with the car aside from some small scratches I wasn’t going to make a fuss about. Dealt with the usual “meh” service from my folks at the local Tesla center, but overall not too bad! Was in and out in about 90 minutes. Drove the new whip right to get a PPF and ceramic quote, so will have to wait another day to really enjoy. Thanks for all the help everyone and good luck!!

Today is day 80 and I got my VIN with an updated EDD of 5/23-5/27. I switched my payment over to financing and applied for Tesla financing and was approved for 3.24%.

I see most of you guys getting great rates at credit unions, but I will admit I am too lazy to go that route and like the convenience of doing everything thru Tesla. 3.24% is the rate that Tesla advertises their loans at, but does that mean that I won't be able to get a rate that's lower than 3.24%? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should reach out to Tesla to see if they can secure a better rate. I appreciate everyone's feedback!

OD: 3/4
M3LR, MSM, aero, black interior, no FSD.
VIN: 251xxx
Matrix Headlights?: advisor stated "According to what I can see it should have the new headlight design"

I was sitting at work and about to pull up my Tesla app on my phone, when BAM! I got the text saying my VIN was assigned.

All of you Arizona peeps will get your day! Your neighbor from New Mexico is rooting for ya’ll!

259XXX.

I’ll update my sig when I’m off work, new EDD June 3-7
Just FYI, nothing was in the source code as of yesterday. I also never got a trade in text. I believe the trade in text may be coincidental. I know people have asked if that was a sign of getting a car or the second coming of Christ.