Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI, nothing was in the source code as of yesterday. I also never got a trade in text. I believe the trade in text may be coincidental. I know people have asked if that was a sign of getting a car or the second coming of Christ.
I got the trade in text for my car on saturday, got my VIN today. Could be totally random.

Has anyone had experience with Tuxmat floor mats? They are pricey, but look luxurious and I like their high walls that protect the front console fabric sides. Reviews generally seem good. They don’t make trunk/frunk mats, but those can be had for less $$$ elsewhere. There is a separate TMC forum post that discusses these for the M3, but is dated a few years.

Reactions: Neuro450
What is the difference between the two different headlights?
Can check this thread here

My car came off the line 4/22, VIN 2341XX, has been in FLL since 5/11. I just called since the target date for the charge port is today 5/23. S/A said "give it a couple of days for them to get the car ready." When I asked if my car was currently getting the port put in today she said she would call the service center and call me back in 1 hour ......... let see.
Of course I didn't get a call back, so I sent an email, this is all I got back .....

"We are still waiting on the part. I know the wait is tough but Trust me, we want to get this car in your hands as soon as we are able to. We will reach out to you when your car is ready."

WOW, not even an estimate as to when the charge port ECU will come in. Mind you, it's not like any date they give me is real anyway.

I think I may be setting a record (at least a personal record) for longest stable EDD: May 28 - June 25 for almost a full month now.

Is this a good sign or bad?

Reasons it’s good: Lack of fluctuation means they have it narrowed down to one last part and when they get it they’re good to go.

Reasons it’s bad: Lack of fluctuation means they forgot about me and when they realize my EDD is this Saturday they’ll go “oh crap, forgot to bump this guy to August—there, fixed!”

Anyone want to place a bet on which is correct?

So I’m going to accept even with the old lights. Asked my SA to switch me from Cash to Financing and it took less than ten minutes from application to approval…3.24%. Also got a new 4-day EDD window (6/6-6/10). Hope it holds.
I heard the same from my SA; 258xxx VIN and build date of 5/23. I've got the same EDD window 6/6-6/10

Here to report that today is graduation day! It was a home delivery, was delivered right at the start of the window. By the time I got out there, whoever dropped it off was already gone. Everything is flawless.
Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, heated wipers, Ryzen processor. Charger included lol. Was delivered with 50% battery which was a little bit of a let down, but honestly couldn’t care less. Good luck to everyone else in here (especially @T-J- ) Echoing everyone else this is well worth the wait and is BEYOND fun.
Fwiw I definitely believe no movement is better than crazy movement. I barely had any and it lined up perfectly.

Attachments

• 084DD7FA-D9F1-49F1-995F-FEDF86D7DEBD.jpeg
    084DD7FA-D9F1-49F1-995F-FEDF86D7DEBD.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 68
I didn't see the post on Reddit but I did just ask my SA to check my VIN and they confirmed it had the global headlights. Now, obviously we always take it with a grain of salt but mine is a 262 vin.
I have also seen on Reddit this past week that vin 260 has the old lights from three different posters. Looks like it’s a luck of the draw now.. when my turn comes I’m hoping not to be faced with a decision on keeping a car with old components after waiting 90 plus days

Wow that cheap, I paid 6.73 a foot, romex. Because I know it better, and didn’t want any wires mess up on my Tesla or the house. Cheaper isn’t alway better, I buy 3 foot and it more then enough.

Well, I just calculate my bill for this month, just for people that would like to know, so I charge my ev every 3-4 day, around 40 kw each time , multiple by 10 . In a month, I spend around 4 dollar a month in electric.

Background, ga power is 7 cent kw, but if you charge it between 11pm -7am , it 1 cent a kw.

So in term of saving, when I was driving a Lexus, 50 a week times 4 equals 200 a month.
Cause that premium gas suck.

So check with y’all electric company they may offer different incentives or plan that can save you money during certain hour.
Romex is generally fine, but THHN wire handles hire heat loads than Romex does. :)

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek