Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduation Day! Matrix headlights, Hankook tires. Easiest car buying experience ever - only 106 days! No defects at all.View attachment 811912
Hang in there! It really is worth the wait!
A couple comments after a short day of driving around:

Like most fellow graduates - I really love this car! Hankook tires would not have been my choice - but these appear to be all-seasons (which I prefer for NW climate) and very low road noise - even on rough concrete which is common around here. It will be interesting to see how they wear - I intend to put a few miles on them this summer and fall.

I confirm Ryzen processor, matrix headlights, heated wiper park zone and the portable power connector. I haven’t checked the low voltage battery yet.

Autopilot became functional after about 12 miles of driving - they seem to have been able to reduce the camera calibration time. So far I am only using TACC and will not experiment with steering assist or FSD until I master more of the car.

Unfortunately I do not have access to home charging yet (multi-family building) - maybe installation of something at home may be possible before winter months ahead. I already have mapped out many frequent destinations with AC level 2 facilities and will rely on superchargers when needed. My goal to start is to arrive home with at least 30% SOC for summer months unless I am planning for an out of town trip.

The only accessories I have ordered so far: a front sunshade by Heather’s Original HeatShield - I had one for my previous car and was happy they custom make one for M3. It arrived today (2 days even without amazon)

A spare tire kit by Modern Spare - I do not want to be stranded with a flat...I probably will only have it in the trunk on longer road trips.

And a Samsung T7 SSD 500GB for Sentry and media storage - BestBuy had it cheap here.

I will wait on others until get some miles in.

Thanks to all who posted here - It really helped me to prepare for delivery day and get through the excruciating wait. I am glad this initial phase is over!

I think if you are an april order or later, you need to be realistic about when you are getting your car. I think all April and later orders will be waiting over 100 days for a car, it does not matter what the spreadsheet says, there has been a massive increase in orders, and if you are not prepared to wait 4 months or more, then you should probably try to occupy your time and not look at this forum / your order for a month or two. Late March orders have been waiting for over two months now, and probably have another 2 months to go before the majority are filled.

So my estimate on the LR M3 I just ordered is November 2022 to January 2023. Looking at the tracker spreadsheet, it looks like 90 days is the average right now. Is that what most of you are seeing?
Don’t expect it to come in 90 days if that’s what the estimate is showing. Very well could be Jan 2023 or even longer if there are any more unexpected delays or parts shortages.

Today was my graduation. Everything went really smooth. The car was almost perfect. I found a little issue with the passenger door being a little misaligned. It’s definitely not that bad but paying this much for a vehicle it needs to be right. Talked to a couple different service guys before I left and they assured me they could adjust it. Service appointment scheduled.

My car had Matrix Headlights, Michelins, Mobile Charger and AMD Ryzen. People may get tired of hearing this but the wait is truly worth it!
Did you take delivery in Fremont? That's where I got mine as well

I think if you are an april order or later, you need to be realistic about when you are getting your car. I think all April and later orders will be waiting over 100 days for a car, it does not matter what the spreadsheet says, there has been a massive increase in orders, and if you are not prepared to wait 4 months or more, then you should probably try to occupy your time and not look at this forum / your order for a month or two. Late March orders have been waiting for over two months now, and probably have another 2 months to go before the majority are filled.

"ALL" April and later orders is a pretty bold statement to make.

Myself and 3 others I know who have ordered from Cleveland in April have been driving our brand new cars for 2 weeks + now.

It is rare for most locations, but for whatever reason Cleveland orders get processed pretty fast, the SA at that SC told me that their average order to delivery timeframe is around 30 days as of 2 weeks ago, in fact they told me that the "EDD" is a garbage corporate date.

Again judging from everybody's experience on this forum, our "luck" is extremely rare, however, it's still possible.

"ALL" April and later orders is a pretty bold statement to make.

Myself and 3 others I know who have ordered from Cleveland in April have been driving our brand new cars for 2 weeks + now.

It is rare for most locations, but for whatever reason Cleveland orders get processed pretty fast, the SA at that SC told me that their average order to delivery timeframe is around 30 days as of 2 weeks ago, in fact they told me that the "EDD" is a garbage corporate date.

Again judging from everybody's experience on this forum, our "luck" is extremely rare, however, it's still possible.
Yes, and let us not forget Akron! 🤣

Repost...

We have so many VINs coming and we need to be sure we're keeping the spreadsheet updated. This link will help you with the process - Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Also, don't forget to update your signature once you have five posts here. You can click your name at the top of the scene, then settings and then signature.