Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I didn't order in March but thought I'd chime in anyway considering how close my OD is. I ordered on 4/6 and my current EDD is Aug 8 - Sep 19. That is only my third EDD change and that happened a month ago. I plan to pickup in Sunnyvale but just fine with Fremont if that would mean I got it sooner.
Thanks for sharing.
Strange that your EDD is earlier than mine given we are in the same area. As @ehartfiel mentioned, my EDD may change to something closer to end of June/early July (which was the original EDD).

Yeah, I am picking up at Fremont. Funny, even when picking up CLOSE TO THE FACTORY we need to pay destination charges. Hmm... :)

I would guess you'll be getting a VIN shortly. Based on your order date you should be getting one soon. Some people have strange EDD movement where it pushes out the delivery date and then suddenly they have a VIN and EDD updated for the end of the month. In short...it's probably a good sign.
Appreciate the response. I was rather disappointed when the EDD got bumped by 3 months.

Southern California has movement! Just woke up to a new EDD and a 2 week window of June 15th to June 29th

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/Temecula, CA Pick up
OD: 3/12, EDD1: May, EDD2 6/9-7/14, EDD3 6/12-7/10, EDD4 6/15-6/29
Same OD and spec as yours. I just spoke to the a person at Tesla a hour ago and he stated that my order is expected for 2nd or 3rd week of July. Not happy to hear that from these seeing all these fine people of this forum getting their cars before me. I really wish that Tesla would be better at sending out vehicles closer to the individuals OD rather than a random free for all.

Finally got a 2 week window sitting at june 18-jul 2. OD was 3/13. Felt like i was forgotten since i only got like 2 EDD changes the whole time. Nearing 90 days next week from OD, hopefully VIN will be assigned on or before that mark? 🤟🏻
Fingers crossed for ya!! I was hoping with a March 12th OD I would be lucky to get mine within the 2nd quarter push.

Bro, have you been paying attention to inflation???
Professional driver. Closed course. Do not attempt.

More seriously, I looked this up and it all started with... dealers. To allow all dealerships to sell cars on an even footing, they share the transportation costs. The cost is based on the model. I guess Tesla didn't think it was time to have buyers pay the actual cost for transporting their vehicle.

This never crossed my mind before, but we in California are subsidizing folks on the West Coast via destination charges!
Thank you for your cooperation.

Anyone from the SF-Bay Area region, who ordered M3LR in March 2022, what does your EDD show? Wondering if they are also in September.

OD: 03/24
EDD: 06/04 - 06/14 ---> 09/03 - 10/20

My Configuration:
  • Model 3 LR
  • Gray
  • White Seats
  • No FSD
Thank you!
I live next to Fremont. OD 03/09 and no sign of VIN. Seriously considering cancelling the order and buy a lexus hybrid instead.

I live next to Fremont. OD 03/09 and no sign of VIN. Seriously considering cancelling the order and buy a lexus hybrid instead.
Wait until the end of the month/quarter. You are very likely to see a VIN before then. Don't be discouraged by others in California getting VINs ahead of you. They probably have optional features while yours is a base model. Base models tend to take a little bit longer.