Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i too ordered the same specs as yours. 3/28. current est delivery: may 26-june 15. no vin. been the same delivery date for a week now.
im hoping to receive my VIN soon as well so that i could proceed with insurance etc.
My dates were the same as yours for a while but they changed twice today once to May 20-June 20 and just now to May 21-June 20. I ordered 3/18.

You sound like me HAHA. I am turning into such a Tesla fanboy. I think the general public doesn't understand just how nice these cars are. They have heard old news stories from years ago about short range/no charging stations/limited mobility, etc and thats what is sticking in their heads. Times certainly have changed though that's for sure. I can't wait to show it off and never visit another gas station again.

hahaha great minds think alike! honestly, it cringes me every time i pump gas now knowing our teslas are enroute (whether that'd be enroute to production/delivery).
and yeah, i agree, people seem to be skeptical about EV's. but thats why us new owners will become a gleaming beacon of awesome to those close to us. hoping they would also make the RIGHT choice. and the best one at THAT! ahhaha
like for instance, i dont personally know ANYBODY who owns a tesla. so, with that said, when they see mine and decides to learn more about it, ill show em what this car is about and put that tesla smile on their face when i go broom broom lol. well.. its electric so... cricket cricket!

i said to wife, in the future, lets sell ur Nx200T and get a model Y.
no offence to us fanboys alright? but she said nope, it looks like a *loaf* of bread. -_- shots fired. ill take the bullets so y'all wont have to hahahahhahha.
She supports my fanboying so its all good though!

*edited to correct a word.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis3000
i too ordered the same specs as yours. 3/28. current est delivery: may 26-june 15. no vin. been the same delivery date for a week now.
im hoping to receive my VIN soon as well so that i could proceed with insurance etc.
Same on the delivery date and white interior. Only different is mine is Midnight Silver Metallic However, I saw on the Google Spreadsheet that some with white interiors got VINS :) so hang in there, they seem to come at random and most are receiving VINS quite unexpectedly.

Reactions: EVxdream
Hi, Can anyone help me? I have the VIN (the SA told me through whatsapp), so I would like to know when my M3 was built. Also I would liken about if it has the new range or not and also the wood door trims and matrix led's headlights. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, Can anyone help me? I have the VIN (the SA told me through whatsapp), so I would like to know when my M3 was built. Also I would liken about if it has the new range or not and also the wood door trims and matrix led's headlights. Any help would be appreciated.
Torspain, from what others have said in previous posts, the VIN is assigned when your car leaves the plant. As far as the new features it has been reported that production after 4/10 has the enhancements. Would I swear to this info? No.

Torspain, from what others have said in previous posts, the VIN is assigned when your car leaves the plant. As far as the new features it has been reported that production after 4/10 has the enhancements. Would I swear to this info? No.
Thanks for the reply. In the spreadsheet on Google Docs, there is a VIN so close to mine (just about 700 units less his car than mine). The owner wrote down that the car was built on March (no exact date). Today, the SA told me that the car has the new range and also the wood trims on the doors. But it makes no so much sense to me because it doesn't match the 4/10 statement. Then, or the owner's car in the spreadsheet was built in the last days of march or the month is mistaken. My VIN is 9439XX.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. In the spreadsheet on Google Docs, there is a VIN so close to mine (just about 700 units less his car than mine). The owner wrote down that the car was built on March (no exact date). Today, the SA told me that the car has the new range and also the wood trims on the doors. But it makes no so much sense to me because it doesn't match the 4/10 statement. Then, or the owner's car in the spreadsheet was built in the last days of march or the month is mistaken. My VIN is 9439XX.
SA's info given is a crapshot. What is known is that anything built after 4/10 will have all the upgrades (door wood trim, heating steering wheel although not sure for EU deliveries; I know for NA). Anything BEFORE 4/10 may or may not have wood trim doors and heating steering wheel. First time I hear about headlights change so couldn't tell. However, EU regulations are more restrictive than US/NA ones so it's possible that tail and head light "changes" are unrelated to it being new features as opposed to regulatory compliance.

The increased range is a relatively "old" change it's impossible yours won't have it.

SA's info given is a crapshot. What is known is that anything built after 4/10 will have all the upgrades (door wood trim, heating steering wheel although not sure for EU deliveries; I know for NA). Anything BEFORE 4/10 may or may not have wood trim doors and heating steering wheel. First time I hear about headlights change so couldn't tell. However, EU regulations are more restrictive than US/NA ones so it's possible that tail and head light "changes" are unrelated to it being new features as opposed to regulatory compliance.

The increased range is a relatively "old" change it's impossible yours won't have it.
OMG! Well, I'm afraid I'll have to wait until deliver. About the increased range I'm talking about the last one made just today at the spanish website. The range know is 614 km. (381 miles) instead of previous 580 km. (360 miles). Not sure if we are talking about same increase.

I mean if yours is made in USA, it's will not be the 614km for sure. Otherwise, who knows (but I think it's too recent, probably will be on next quarter's batch give or take "transition" models.
Yes, it’s made in USA as all LR. The VIN starts with the famous 5YJ. And the SA has assured in a whatsapp chat that it will have the new increased range. But... who knows. Perhaps she has told me that to keep my mouth closed and not disturb her. I personally hate all this “maybe” things.

There's no "maybe" you either get exactly what you ordered at the time you placed you order or something better. Not getting "the latest and the greatest" shouldn't be a factor. What if you wait another month? There was this joke in another thread going something like:

"why get the [current year + 1] when it's in [current year + 2] that all the cool stuff will come out?"

Reactions: J_Nixon
There's no "maybe" you either get exactly what you ordered at the time you placed you order or something better. Not getting "the latest and the greatest" shouldn't be a factor. What if you wait another month? There was this joke in another thread going something like:

"why get the [current year + 1] when it's in [current year + 2] that all the cool stuff will come out?"
Yes, you’re right, totally right. The last one is a “Wait until death.” I’ll keep you updated.