Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20220901-173831.png

Definitely hope you take delivery on-time. Just a friendly heads-up; Don't be at all surprised if you get notified literally the day before that your delivery is delayed. I was able to get a lot of updated information on what's going on in the Northeast region as it relates to deliveries, and it's not great. Some of the information that has been stated on this forum, as it relates to transport methods and logistics to getting vehicles into the Northeast, is 100% NOT accurate. It certainly may have been at one time, but there have been changes, probably around when diesel went over $6/gallon.
Not saying you can't be on-time, just remember all delivery dates are projected. I was under the impression that the delivery dates were mostly very accurate, but as it turns out, that's not really the case, at least in the Northeast at the moment. I had 2 scheduled, with some relative certainty right up to the day before, and they both fell through. I was then asked to schedule again, and I outright refused. I respectfully asked not to be notified until the car was all prepped and ready to be released, and Tesla understandably agreed, no problem. Good luck with your delivery.
So what kind of updated information where you able to get if you don't mind sharing?

Just got the notification in Tesla app.... SOFTWARE UPDATE. Weeee installing 2022.24.6 now
According to notateslaapp.com, only 2% of Teslas have that installed. Meanwhile, I'm two versions back with the other peasants.
I guess my new Dec 22 update is just a temporary place holder.. Tesla really likes to mess with us
I maintain that Mr. Bean has always been in charge of the delivery estimate software.

rowan-atkinson-png-download-bean-png-image-for-.png

According to notateslaapp.com, only 2% of Teslas have that installed. Meanwhile, I'm two versions back with the other peasants.
I also received 2022.24.6 update notification sometime after midnight this morning.

FYI to all, under Software Update (Controls>Software>Software Update Preferences) one can choose Standard or Advanced. Advanced is supposed to deliver updates earlier than Standard, which is the default setting, but who knows? I changed to Advanced as soon as I got my new car and have received maybe four or five updates since June 28.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
I also received 2022.24.6 update notification sometime after midnight this morning.

FYI to all, under Software Update (Controls>Software>Software Update Preferences) one can choose Standard or Advanced. Advanced is supposed to deliver updates earlier than Standard, which is the default setting, but who knows? I changed to Advanced as soon as I got my new car and have received maybe four or five updates since June 28.
All you guys out here talking about software updates while us peasants still have no car :(

Just spent about 400$ to buy all the equipment, chemicals and hand polisher to properly ceramic coat the car. Just thought it was wax on wax off but oh boy was u mistaken. It's ok it'll be a fun weekend project soon
So just to sum up what I've learned, watching videos and reading articles. If any of these steps/products is unnecessary and/or someone knows more and can provide details, my wallet will appreciate it...

1) clean the car, I bought a foamer attachment and foaming soap
2) use an iron remover to remover iron dust and wash off
3) dry the car with microfiber towels
4) apply hydrophobic protectant to the wheels/tires/rims/windows
5) use a clay bar and lubricant to clean off the car of final contaminants
6) use a polisher and compound to remove swirls and scratches (paint correction)
7) use a polisher and polish to finish preparing the paint
8) use alcohol spray to disinfect the car
9) apply ceramic coat one panel at a time, let dry for 5 minutes then wipe off
10) reapply ceramic coat again 24 hours later
11) relax and enjoy the car finally and stop worrying about everything :)