Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It takes about two weeks for a vehicle to go from VIN to delivery in Texas (unless it's a vehicle already in the Dallas area that somebody else refused). That means that unless you see a VIN in the next 10 days or so, I doubt that you'll get a vehicle this quarter. The first couple weeks of the next quarter will be quiet as they do plant maintenance and any upgrades. Then production resumes and VINs should start flowing again. So it's either a VIN within 10 days or you wait until mid-October at the earliest.

By the way, there are Edit and Delete buttons under every post that you make in the forums here, so you can clean up any mistakes for about 10 minutes after posting. In this case, you double-posted and could remove the second post. Folks sometimes think of something after posting and make another post within a couple minutes. They could be using the Edit capability to just modify their existing post.
Great! Thank you so much for the information!

And yes, that was definitely an accident.

Much appreciated

Reactions: JB47394
Just got this text from Tesla yesterday...

"Hi Daniel, your Model 3 has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

Provide your lender with your Purchase Agreement (MVPA) at this time in order to have your loan funded. Tesla requires proof of funds before your vehicle is deliverable.

Be on the lookout for a message in the next few days to schedule your delivery appointment. When you receive that message, be sure to schedule as soon as possible, as appointments fill up quickly."

Last EDD hasn't updated from 9/12 - 9/16 yet

Ah hell, I just learned that Teslas no longer come with a charging cable. Well that blows, not sure how I missed that one. I have a Tesla wall connector that I'm going to have installed but was planning to use the cable at our beach house.

Is there a comprehensive list of what comes with each trim out there somewhere?

just received an updated edd of 9/2 - 9/6. Still waiting for that schedule delivery text!
For what it's worth. I was sitting with a 14day window (OD 4/29) for about two weeks, and then suddenly yesterday morning got an email that my payment document was ready...so opened the app and EDD was now 9/1-9/5 and within another 30sec. it had changed to Delivery date 9/3 at 12:30pm. What a day it was, financing/insurance to setup and trade-in. All that to say that we are all in the same waiting boat but no way way to know the final destination.

Is the yellow area where I circled where the VIN will be shown when assigned?

Attachments

• A2D208FD-F8FD-4343-9AE2-35E59665C459.jpeg
    A2D208FD-F8FD-4343-9AE2-35E59665C459.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: ZZ118 and guerro
EDD is getting close and seems like the delivery notification should be here any day now. I can honestly say I am getting a bit over excited and have gone a bit over board in buying accessories for a car I don't actually have yet lol. In preparation I have gotten:

Wall connector installed
Matte screen protector
Key fob (I valet my car a lot and don't like the idea of the key card)
USB for Tesla cam
J1772 Adaptor and lock
Pet liner
Lug nut covers and center caps (going to take off the wheel covers)

Can anyone think of any essentials I am missing?

Reactions: guerro
EDD is getting close and seems like the delivery notification should be here any day now. I can honestly say I am getting a bit over excited and have gone a bit over board in buying accessories for a car I don't actually have yet lol. In preparation I have gotten:

Wall connector installed
Matte screen protector
Key fob (I valet my car a lot and don't like the idea of the key card)
USB for Tesla cam
J1772 Adaptor and lock
Pet liner
Lug nut covers and center caps (going to take off the wheel covers)

Can anyone think of any essentials I am missing?
Center console organizers and cup holder adapter are pretty essential.

My list:

-Center console organizers
-Cup holder adapter
-"Open" stickers for door
-J1772 Charger Adapter Lock
-Spigen Gloss Screen Protector
-Wheel Center Cap and lugnut caps
-Aftermarket Aluminum Skid Plate
-Slipno bumper protector
-3D Maxpider Floor mats
-Rear Underseat Air Vent Cover
-Center Console Armrest Organizer
-Autotech Sunshade
-SSD HD for tesla Cam
-Carwiner Jack Pads

Last edited:

My list:

-Cup holder adapter
-Slipno bumper protector
-3D Maxpider Floor mats
-Autotech Sunshade
-SSD HD for tesla Cam
-Carwiner Jack Pads
what is a cup holder adaptor?

J1772 Adaptor and lock
Pretty sure that the J1772 adapter will be included with the car, free. It’s the mobile connector/charger that‘s unpredictably included, not included, or given a voucher for

Reactions: Cho22

My list:

-Cup holder adapter
-Slipno bumper protector
-3D Maxpider Floor mats