Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks waiting for vehicles should be aware that railway unions are looking at the possibility of a strike as early as September 16. Labor negotiations have been going on for years, but it's apparently finally coming to a head now. Railway workers are almost unanimous in their willingness to strike, but the negotiations continue, some unions have tentative deals already, and Congress could even step in and require them to go back to work because of the importance of rail shipments to the nation. Just something to be aware of.

Thanks. After waiting almost 4 months, I was super excited to take delivery. I scheduled a vacation day from work and was all ready to go. Then I got the dreaded text the day before the car wasn't ready because it never made it. And then got it yet again, the next delivery date.
Not gonna lie, this delivery experience has soured my mood on the car, A LOT. Not necessarily the brand, but definitely my car. Buying a new car is supposed to be fun, and unfortunately it didn't work out for me that way. Keeping all my options open at this point. The car left Fremont approximately a month ago. I decided if it comes in anytime next week, I'll take delivery. If it goes beyond 9/10, I'll just refuse it and get the money back (eventually and hopefully) that I already paid as the loan down payment (my fault, as I mistakenly thought the delivery process would continue smoothly) and buy another vehicle eventually. My current vehicle is still OK. Being a commuter, my main motivation to buy a Tesla was the extremely high gas prices, which have since subsided. In May when I ordered, I was paying average $5.50+ for premium. I may go electric again, I might not. I'm also paying for insurance on the car as we speak, so that's all screwed up too. A certain percentage of sales or deliveries get fouled up and I unfortunately drew one of the short straws.
My Model Y is stuck there now, too. I called the corporate Tesla number and they said it's part of the railyard issue they had no control over. But, in other threads people are being told their cars are getting loaded on to trucks today, so I'm optimistic that it's starting to move at least. Tesla had no info like that about my car.

AND my car is
Folks waiting for vehicles should be aware that railway unions are looking at the possibility of a strike as early as September 16. Labor negotiations have been going on for years, but it's apparently finally coming to a head now. Railway workers are almost unanimous in their willingness to strike, but the negotiations continue, some unions have tentative deals already, and Congress could even step in and require them to go back to work because of the importance of rail shipments to the nation. Just something to be aware of.
And my car is due 9/17 🙃

My EDD got pushed back this morning from 9/6 - 9/9 to 9/10 - 9/14. Had my text saying it left the factory on August 27th so taking its time.
wow that is a long time to get a car from CA to PA, average time for a truck to drive across the country is 4-5 days. Makes you wonder what route these cars are taking or if they are really leaving the factory when they say they are. it would be cool if tesla had tracking numbers on them like a package so we could follow them on their journey.

wow that is a long time to get a car from CA to PA, average time for a truck to drive across the country is 4-5 days. Makes you wonder what route these cars are taking or if they are really leaving the factory when they say they are. it would be cool if tesla had tracking numbers on them like a package so we could follow them on their journey.
I drove from NJ to CA with a moving truck in 3 days - lol

Reactions: Cho22
They go by rail because it's cheaper. Probably because it's much more efficient. It's also a bit slower, taking a week to cross the country. Tesla says that no tracking information is made available for security reasons.

Reactions: ZZ118
They go by rail because it's cheaper. Probably because it's much more efficient. It's also a bit slower, taking a week to cross the country. Tesla says that no tracking information is made available for security reasons.
that makes a ton more sense about why it takes so long then. not only would the rail be slower but they are definitely making multiple offload stops everyday and who knows how long that process takes every time. doesnt make it go by any quicker but at least there is sense to it lol

Just saw this. Crazy lol

Did anybody get the VINs of those vehicles?

I'm very surprised to see open, two level autoracks used for transporting the vehicles. Only 12 vehicles per car. No wonder Tesla wants to maintain a bit of security. Imagine the fun you could have on an overpass with a pile of rocks beside you.
Same! What does it mean again?
It means that you may or may not have a VIN coming soon. We've been trying to understand the significance of the trade-in text for a while now. There hasn't been a smoking gun.
they are definitely making multiple offload stops everyday
What makes you think that? I'm only aware of two stops for one train, and that's in Chicago and New Jersey. The other goes to Birmingham and I haven't heard of additional stops for that one. Rail is slow just because rail is slow. There are lots of trains, but only a one lane road. So trains have to pull off onto sidings to let other trains pass in the opposite direction. If they had two lanes, I suspect they could handle a lot more traffic, but the railway companies apparently already spend $25 billion each year on maintenance and improvement.

For the curious, here's the arcgis.com railway map of the US. If you find a rail section you like, switch over to Google Maps satellite view to check it out in detail. You'll probably also find some huge trains.

Wow that's pretty seamless. Didn't realize that the Tesla app has a 3rd party financing option. Wondering if I should just keep it as cash payment (even though I'm financing through my credit union) because my credit union is going to cut me a check for the full purchase price of the Tesla. I wonder if that keeps things easier.

Yeah my credit union instructed me to come into the bank and pick up a check for the full amount of the purchase price, as soon as Tesla provides me a Purchase Agreement. I can then walk into Tesla on delivery day and hand them that check. As for the down payment, my credit union said I can pay that directly to the credit union at any time.
@phaheem
How did you create a copy of the purchase agreement? Thanks

Did anybody get the VINs of those vehicles?

I'm very surprised to see open, two level autoracks used for transporting the vehicles. Only 12 vehicles per car. No wonder Tesla wants to maintain a bit of security. Imagine the fun you could have on an overpass with a pile of rocks beside you.

It means that you may or may not have a VIN coming soon. We've been trying to understand the significance of the trade-in text for a while now. There hasn't been a smoking gun.

What makes you think that? I'm only aware of two stops for one train, and that's in Chicago and New Jersey. The other goes to Birmingham and I haven't heard of additional stops for that one. Rail is slow just because rail is slow. There are lots of trains, but only a one lane road. So trains have to pull off onto sidings to let other trains pass in the opposite direction. If they had two lanes, I suspect they could handle a lot more traffic, but the railway companies apparently already spend $25 billion each year on maintenance and improvement.

For the curious, here's the arcgis.com railway map of the US. If you find a rail section you like, switch over to Google Maps satellite view to check it out in detail. You'll probably also find some huge trains.
wow really only 2?! just figured if the train was going cross country it would make pit stops as it moved along. good info