Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN got assigned this morning 352xxx.

I was in the Dec'22 EDD for last 1 week.

My details
Order date: 07/14/22
Configuration: M3LR Black | Black Interior | Aero Wheels | No FSD
EDD1 - Oct 22 - Jan 23, EDD2 - Dec'22, EDD3 - 09/19 - 09/25.

Does anyone know if this sudden assignment of VIN means I am getting someone's rejected car and I should be more careful in inspection?

Yeah and can probably

My details

Does anyone know if this sudden assignment of VIN means I am getting someone's rejected car and I should be more careful in inspection?
That vin is very recent

My details

I mean you should be careful in inspection regardless, but that seems like a new VIN. Anything 346XXX and above is coming from the factory within the last month.

From what I read you just go back to your spot in line but I would ask. Car can be rejected for man reasons that don't include negative aspects of car. Such as unable to get financing.
True, I got an amazing trade in offer for my current car that I don’t want to pass up on so I’m hoping it’s all good. Do you think SA would be able to clarify any concerns with the vin and look into if the car has matrix, Li-ion 12v, ryzen etc. I’ll be happy if I get all of that

My last 6 is 335xxx does that mean mines potentially a rejected
Potentially not delivered. That could mean that it was refused by a picky customer, refused by someone who noticed the seats were missing, not purchased because their financing fell through, not purchased because they realized they can't handle the latest interest rate on their financing, not purchased because they want to wait for the tax credit, etc. Just go to your delivery and see if the vehicle is what you want.

If you're thinking that you don't want a vehicle dirtied by somebody else's backside, remember that it has probably been driven by a half dozen people in the process of getting it to you.
A VIN out of the blue usually means a deal fell through (see above) and Tesla is looking for a matching order at that delivery site. It's a new vehicle. Just look it over as you would a vehicle with the absolute latest VIN number. Mine wasn't ever assigned to anyone else and it had a dent. Others have taken delivery of pristine vehicles that were reassigned.

Folks, please put your order information in your forum signature so we can know where you're coming from in your comments. The option of specifying a forum signature will be available to you shortly after you complete your 5th post.