Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Early Graduation Day!!! Car was perfect. No issues. No panel gaps, no scratches, no chips, everything is painted properly. The acceleration on this thing is extremely insane.

No mobile conector but did receive the charger adapter and plate holder.

Attachments

• 20220909_115541.jpg
    20220909_115541.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 74
My EDD had been Sept 17 -Oct 1 for some weeks, and it was this morning too. Then suddenly I got a VIN and an EDD of today through 3 days later. I’m on travel and won’t be back in time to accept the car.

Sound like a car that someone else bailed on? I responded to the SA text message and they told me they could only hold it 3 days from the time it arrives before releasing it to someone else; I told them they might as well go head and release it because I’m still a couple of weeks from being available.

How long should I expect to wait for the next VIN? East coast, white 3LR, 18 inch wheels, EAP.

(If things run into December I might just cancel and wait to see how the LR is repackaged to meet federal incentive requirements in 2023.)
You're probably looking at a few weeks to a month if you reject delivery the first time. It doesnt usually take too long to get another car after your first decline.

How long should I expect to wait for the next VIN? East coast, white 3LR, 18 inch wheels, EAP.
The vehicle offered to you was built for somebody else, but the deal fell through. They offered it to you because you were the next person with the same build at your delivery location. Now that you've refused it, Tesla will offer it to the next person in line with the same build at that delivery site.

That now puts you back where you were; September 17 to October 1. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Tesla will get another train of vehicles to the east before the end of the quarter. I could be wrong, of course, but that's been the pattern. But with an EDD so soon, you may be near the front of the line for next quarter, suggesting that you could see a VIN by mid-October. December seems unlikely.

It also helps if you put your order details into your forum signature.

The vehicle offered to you was built for somebody else, but the deal fell through. They offered it to you because you were the next person with the same build at your delivery location. Now that you've refused it, Tesla will offer it to the next person in line with the same build at that delivery site.

That now puts you back where you were; September 17 to October 1. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Tesla will get another train of vehicles to the east before the end of the quarter. I could be wrong, of course, but that's been the pattern. But with an EDD so soon, you may be near the front of the line for next quarter, suggesting that you could see a VIN by mid-October. December seems unlikely.

It also helps if you put your order details into your forum signature.
I'd say mid to late October. Fremont shuts down at the beginning of the quarter for upgrades and maintenance.

Reactions: Cho22 and ZZ118
Looks great! How do you like the Hankook tires? I got them on mine and I like the ride and handling. Also what mud flaps did you go with? Thanks.
I love the tires!! They feel very grippy and aren't loud at all! I went with these ones off of amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V36S77Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details . The only thing is you have to drill a very small hole in the plastic of the wheel well for the front mud flaps for the screw to grab on to. Other than that they look great and the install took around 10 mins!

Reactions: Andrometer4
I always love watchign the end of quarter push, such fun for the west coast! Anyone on the east coast time to sit back and prepare for a car in November or hope a deal falls thru. It seems like tesla's master plan is to get all model 3 LR back orders done by December so not too much waiting to go!
Im getting dreams daily that I wake up with a VIN lol.. somehow Im not ready for the actual day it comes 😅

My EDD had been Sept 17 -Oct 1 for some weeks, and it was this morning too. Then suddenly I got a VIN and an EDD of today through 3 days later. I’m on travel and won’t be back in time to accept the car.

Sound like a car that someone else bailed on? I responded to the SA text message and they told me they could only hold it 3 days from the time it arrives before releasing it to someone else; I told them they might as well go head and release it because I’m still a couple of weeks from being available.

(If things run into December I might just cancel and wait to see how the LR is repackaged to meet federal incentive requirements in 2023.)
Contact your SA and ask them to put your order on hold for 2 weeks until you're back from your vacation.

EOQ and EOY push means you could get a VIN the day after your reject/release a VIN. I've seen it happen before.

A 2 week hold would mean you could get a VIN that spilled over into October. I've also read on reddit of SAs refusing 90 day holds - probably because everyone and their grandma now wants to delay till 2023 for the IRA.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
In regards to the checklist from last page, are you kidding? It will take 4 hours to do all that.
Don't do it. Just look at the car outside and inside. Take a few minutes and look close. If you don't see anything great. You'll have 100 miles and 72 hrs to report anything else. Check the lights at night. Try the wipers. If you don't see anything it's not major and you wouldn't have to worry.