Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I graduated on 9/12!!! Picked up my shiny Blue M3LR from the dealership. I could have had it as early as 9/10 but my credit union was closed.

Picking it up was super easy but working with Adelfi was a bit challenging. Had to call 5 times to make sure the wire went through on Monday. That said, they came through and it was pretty seamless once I got to the dealership.

There were a few issues, a little scratch on the door that is barely noticeable and looks to be in the clear coat. There was something blue on the back seat which wiped off with some 409. We also noticed there was a little bubble on the dash (after driving away). I scheduled a service appointment for the bubble on the dash before I got to 100 miles.

Overall though I’m super happy with everything. It’s my wife’s car and she is meeting me borrow it from time to time lol. She was a little uncomfortable at first but took it to work today and used the chill mode and creep and that made her feel much more comfortable!View attachment 852502
What were Adelfi’s insurance collision/comprehensive deductible minimums?

Just in case anyone is doing auto loans through Tesla:

I applied and locked in my apr rate through Tesla at 4.24% - they are using Wells Fargo Auto for my application. I texted an SA because I am slightly worried it may expire before my delivery date.
EDD 9/14 - 9/25
Loan Application Expiry date: 9/25

So the process was ask SA for account number for Wells Fargo (I only received an application number, nothing else) I've gone through Wells Fargo Auto phone system and my SSN didnt bring anything up. I then used twitter to talk to a CS agent - and found out if i hit 0 on the phone, they would connect me to an agent regardless.

On the phone with Wells Fargo Agent - explained the situation and asked to see if any sort of exception can be made to add a week or two to the loan. They said it should be doable, and was transferring me to their Adverse Events team. Found out they are closed for the day and I got a direct line to call them tomorrow.

TLDR; SA's can see when your loan application expires, in case you need to know.

The SA did say a vehicle MAY get assigned to my account before it expires (but we all know Tesla and their timing....)
</rant>

Just in case anyone is doing auto loans through Tesla:

I applied and locked in my apr rate through Tesla at 4.24% - they are using Wells Fargo Auto for my application. I texted an SA because I am slightly worried it may expire before my delivery date.
EDD 9/14 - 9/25
Loan Application Expiry date: 9/25

So the process was ask SA for account number for Wells Fargo (I only received an application number, nothing else) I've gone through Wells Fargo Auto phone system and my SSN didnt bring anything up. I then used twitter to talk to a CS agent - and found out if i hit 0 on the phone, they would connect me to an agent regardless.

On the phone with Wells Fargo Agent - explained the situation and asked to see if any sort of exception can be made to add a week or two to the loan. They said it should be doable, and was transferring me to their Adverse Events team. Found out they are closed for the day and I got a direct line to call them tomorrow.

TLDR; SA's can see when your loan application expires, in case you need to know.

The SA did say a vehicle MAY get assigned to my account before it expires (but we all know Tesla and their timing....)
</rant>
That’s weird. I thought loan rates are locked in for 30 days?

Something to note for audiophiles there's literally no way to search your USB music which is just terrible...
Conversely, while the search function doesn't work with the USB, songs are organized by Album, Genre and Artist, with an alphabet bar down the right side of the screen. I'm no audiophile, but I can find albums and artists when I want them (I don't often search for individual songs). However, I want to be able to say "play song-name" or "play album-name" because I'm going to be selecting songs while driving. There's no way I'd interact with the keyboard to use the search functionality (which does work with the online catalogs). Though I suppose a passenger could fiddle with it.

The car also doesn't remember where it was on the USB music from drive to drive. I'll get into my car and it'll start playing something from the online catalog - which always surprised me because I don't have a data plan. Then I realized that it was going through my home WiFi to access the catalog. But if I'm in the middle of a USB album, it won't remember that and allow me to continue playing from that album the next time I get in the car.

The infotainment system definitely needs work, but this may also be a way of dumbing down the USB experience so as to make the online subscription experience that much more appealing.

Conversely, while the search function doesn't work with the USB, songs are organized by Album, Genre and Artist, with an alphabet bar down the right side of the screen. I'm no audiophile, but I can find albums and artists when I want them (I don't often search for individual songs). However, I want to be able to say "play song-name" or "play album-name" because I'm going to be selecting songs while driving. There's no way I'd interact with the keyboard to use the search functionality (which does work with the online catalogs). Though I suppose a passenger could fiddle with it.

The car also doesn't remember where it was on the USB music from drive to drive. I'll get into my car and it'll start playing something from the online catalog - which always surprised me because I don't have a data plan. Then I realized that it was going through my home WiFi to access the catalog. But if I'm in the middle of a USB album, it won't remember that and allow me to continue playing from that album the next time I get in the car.

The infotainment system definitely needs work, but this may also be a way of dumbing down the USB experience so as to make the online subscription experience that much more appealing.
Can one skip a song with a verbal command?

@JB47394

Can one skip a song with a verbal command?
There's no need. The left scroll wheel controls music. A right click is next song or station, a left click is previous song or station. Scrolling up and down controls the volume. Clicking stops and starts play.
Seems odd to me that you would get a VIN and told to pick up the car the very next day. From what I have seen on here typically you are given a few days to choose from for pick up.
If the delivery site is packed, they may just not have any other available times. And we're at the end of a quarter.

Last edited:
Reactions: deuskid
So after driving for a few days (and taking off the rose glasses) I can say that EAP/FSD just is not worth it. Summon is cool but useless lol, autolane change is a little aggressive and I just don't see the benefit of navigate. I like driving the car more! I'll probably let my subscription expire next month. BUT in stop and go traffic autopilot is a game changer! It is wonderful, keeps about 1.5 car lengths in front and handles it amazingly well. Completely takes away any road rage and I just chill and drink my coffee. Cant believe that is standard! Also "filled up" today at a supercharger. Went from 15% to 90% in 35 minutes cost 17.01$. Going from 15 to like 45% however only took about 10 minutes so for a quick top off certainly do able. Good luck to everyone picking up soon!