Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered ... 5-12 weeks. I am patient (in this case).
Finally pulled the trigger after a long time of waiting, saving, and finding the right moment. Almost pulled the trigger when the price went down $1,000 briefly - by the time I went to do it, it had gone back up. So that annoyed me - so I waited a bit - then saw it go up again and again. Then received a nice bonus recently from work - so - figured I better do it now before the price increases again.

Not happy about ... price increases, lack of Sirius/XM, lack of any color that I like
Am happy about ... addition of heated steering wheel, and everything else.

hopefully I find nothing else to be unhappy about when I get it - in which case, I can live with the rest.

to each their own on sirius/XM. I personally do not find it worth the money especially with the advent of HD radio which pretty much gives you the same quality. If you want you can always use their streaming services on the phone
Of course I can use the streaming on the phone - but it's obviously not as convenient. I don't mind people having different opinions, but it doesn't behoove people to be so dismissive of Sirius/XM fans. And most of the replies being dismissive fail to acknowledge the issue. ... As I said before, there are numerous non-music channels on there that are impossible to replicate any other way. ... Also HD radio? Also not as convenient, it's not nationwide, and it lacks the same depth of content.

I joined the club last night, ordered a Black/Black/aero/FSD. My wife drives the MYP mostly and this will be my/backup car until the CT is in production.

I’m not in any hurry, a q4 delivery wouldn’t be terrible, that way I avoid any price increases and maybe, just maybe I’ll get that new plutonium pellet battery with 500 miles of range! 😎

Of course I can use the streaming on the phone - but it's obviously not as convenient. I don't mind people having different opinions, but it doesn't behoove people to be so dismissive of Sirius/XM fans. And most of the replies being dismissive fail to acknowledge the issue. ... As I said before, there are numerous non-music channels on there that are impossible to replicate any other way. ... Also HD radio? Also not as convenient, it's not nationwide, and it lacks the same depth of content.
Also there are some areas where cell signal is still sub par. Steaming doesn’t work well with 1x or “no service”. I’ve had to forgo listening to steaming audio for a couple hours in lte dead zones.

not saying you are wrong and again to each their own. I hae had sirius on both my toyotas and cancelled after a year due to dead spots. to me the content was not worth what I was paying per month. I used pandora through entune for quite a while and it was great here in new york.

As far as dead 4g spots well thats to be expected.. but with the advent of 5g you might be thinking differently . that is why I was saying you may want to look into their streaming capability. I am not dismissing anyone that likes satalite radio.. just not for me

Should I even bother? 7 PM update back to May 29th to June 18th. lol Yesterday shifted from that date to June 7-27th, this morning shifted back by one day, and now back to the original date range. Seems like whenever it stays like that for 3-4 days, they want to shift it to the right to torture you. ha!

I find the sirius/xm gripe to be identical to the blackberry folks complaining about the lack of keyboards on iPhones back in 2000 something.
The difference being some people (myself included) live in an area with very spotty cell phone coverage so we don't have the option to stream over cell (no cell coverage at my house and limited on my commute). We need sat data or must rely on terrestrial radio. Add that to the fact that Tesla has no AM radio (and if you live in areas with spotty cell coverage probably no FM radio either) then your live entertainment options are near null in a Tesla. In my area we have a few AM stations but only one reliable FM station. So it looks like for me I need to become a country/western music lover or not have any live broadcasts on my commute.

California versus Ontario Canada. I suspect that there are differences between US and Canadian orders.. but geez the shifting estimates... My first estimate was April 15 - May 7..

I'd be happier if they just said 1-13 weeks.. and only changed it once you got a VIN.. and sent an email when the VIN was allocated... or let us see status in the Tesla App.. have the App just display a notification when the VIN and solid delivery estimate is available.

I guess at this point if they are going to use the new batteries in the LR version too, I will get those.. so maybe it's worth the wait.. bet the price goes up again before June.. Just annoyed since I sold one of the vehicles already in anticipation of the delivery just to have it pushed back 2 months. Glad I didn't sell the second vehicle..
hah maybe they are listening..
  • Delivery date: 1 - 13 weeks from order placed date
  • Previous delivery dates: June 06 - June 26, May 23 - June 11, May 22 - June 10, May 22 - June 11, May 21 - June 10, May 23 - June 12
updated again tonight to show 1-13 weeks from order placed date.

The difference being some people (myself included) live in an area with very spotty cell phone coverage so we don't have the option to stream over cell (no cell coverage at my house and limited on my commute). We need sat data or must rely on terrestrial radio. Add that to the fact that Tesla has no AM radio (and if you live in areas with spotty cell coverage probably no FM radio either) then your live entertainment options are near null in a Tesla. In my area we have a few AM stations but only one reliable FM station. So it looks like for me I need to become a country/western music lover or not have any live broadcasts on my commute.
Yeah that makes sense although you really have the same problem with satellite radio in terms of spotty reception. I have always been and anti-fan of radio in general but I get that this is niche. So I mostly listen to my own storage device in practice and that's the optimal use case for the Tesla. Like significant improvement over all other cars.

Reactions: chrisg05
What I do (and I have lifetime SiriusXM also).. is use Spotify on my phone.. subscribe to some really good playlists that are fed from current songs on SiriusXM.. I have the phone keep a ton of them sync'd locally on a 256Gb microSD card in my phone. when I get the tesla, I can use Spotify on the car itself and get all of the SXM playlists without the DJ's. .(yay) and if there is no coverage, I can stream the offline stuff from Spotify on the phone over Bluetooth.. it's a workaround.. I may go with the Bluetooth SXM receiver and install that in the car.. but not sure you can stream audio from a different source and still keep the phone connected....

overall, I think that tunes are covered using this method even in areas with no coverage or poor coverage.. :)

I think that it wouldn't be that big a task for Tesla to port a SXM streaming app.. and I bet that SXM would pay them for that... time will tell.. imagine if enough people tweet at him about it he may see it someday and maybe respond..

I just looked again, I guess it just updated. Showing estimated dates June 8 - June 30th.
Interesting. Those dates seem very good considering you just ordered. I ordered 4/30 (Ohio) and have 6/11-6/30.

Initially I didn’t mind a longer wait as my current lease isn’t up till October but just couldn’t wait to order after test driving. However I may have the opportunity to unload my car early without a loss so now want it as soon as possible.

Interesting. Those dates seem very good considering you just ordered. I ordered 4/30 (Ohio) and have 6/11-6/30.

Initially I didn’t mind a longer wait as my current lease isn’t up till October but just couldn’t wait to order after test driving. However I may have the opportunity to unload my car early without a loss so now want it as soon as possible.
Well, I am hoping that time frame stays true, in NY there's a $2000 rebate that goes away 7/1. Good luck for your delivery!