Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I would never spend $7000 on protection. That's a bit much. Especially when you can get it way cheaper.

I am getting the front end of my car PPF'd because I personally hate stone chips, and in Canada our winters can be intense. So it is worth it. It's a $1600 cost, plus Im doing a 5 year ceramic coating for $900. Total comes to $2500 Canadian ($2077 US). For me the benefits outweigh the costs. I love a shiny beautiful car, and I'd argue the low quality paint makes it even more crucial to protect it. Don't go overkill , but you should have some pride of ownership.

I guarantee if you go to trade in your car, the new owner would be willing to pay an extra $1000 for a well kept car with zero stone chips, and glimmering paint opposed to a chipped/dirty dull paint car. I know I certainly would.
if you trade in the dealer barely looks. The buyer sure, but unless you sell private party you recoup nothing. I have traded STIs with peppered front ends, which have soft paint like Tesla, and not once did a dealer care either way.

I think at the right price, sure do it. But 7k is absolute insanity on Model 3. while i understand these cars are expensive, they are the Tesla econo car.

Ceramic coating warranties are snake oil though. 5 years is so laughable too. If you don't drive the car, only hand wash, only use the proper techniques and soaps and re-up chemicals, then sure, might last. But the average consumer is getting robbed blind by the coating industry as a whole. I legit walked out of a ceramic pro presentation at SEMA because I started getting pissed at the lies they were spreading to people at an industry only event.

5/7 placed online order for Model 3, pickup in Paramus, NJ
5/29 my account showed a VIN after accepting the TeslaVision change
5/31 my account page requested final payment
5/31 received a text message my Model 3 intransit to Paramus, NJ. Requested me to schedule a pickup date Via link in text message
5/31 scheduled for pickup on June 9. Earliest available date was June 8

ordered pearl white, LR AWD, standard wheels, standard interior
I thought final payment was due day of pick-up?

I agree, I would never spend $7000 on protection. That's a bit much. Especially when you can get it way cheaper.

I am getting the front end of my car PPF'd because I personally hate stone chips, and in Canada our winters can be intense. So it is worth it. It's a $1600 cost, plus Im doing a 5 year ceramic coating for $900. Total comes to $2500 Canadian ($2077 US). For me the benefits outweigh the costs. I love a shiny beautiful car, and I'd argue the low quality paint makes it even more crucial to protect it. Don't go overkill , but you should have some pride of ownership.

I guarantee if you go to trade in your car, the new owner would be willing to pay an extra $1000 for a well kept car with zero stone chips, and glimmering paint opposed to a chipped/dirty dull paint car. I know I certainly would.
I just got a quote from a reputed local place, $850 for a "partial" XPEL front PPF (front bumper, front part of hood and fenders, lights, mirrors) and $1600 for 5 year ceramic coating, 15% off that if I do it this month, so around $2100 + tax. It's a pretty tough environment here so I think I may do both.

Reactions: MyCabbages
So Cal checking in! Huge news guys!!! Let’s goooooo!!!

Attachments

• A0AE40E9-DC57-4D5B-A941-F739A929952E.jpeg
    A0AE40E9-DC57-4D5B-A941-F739A929952E.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 67

Can you let me know (here or PM) where you're getting it done? I'm rolling through Toronto once the lockdown lifts and would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.