Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a one M3 LR in existing inventory. My SA is not picking up so I reached out to tesla chat function to see if they can replace my order with previous order since i ordered before the $1k price increase. and the person in the chat function name Rick is telling me I cant but I have read on here about people that were able to do it so I am confused

Welp, crushing reality of a September date is setting in.

I went from having a August 3rd - Mid August date and it kept slipping by one day for the next few days.

Checked this morning and it's now saying Sep 3 - Sep 23rd.

Ordered LR Blk/Blk AWD w/ Autopilot here in NY.

I picked up a one M3 LR in existing inventory. My SA is not picking up so I reached out to tesla chat function to see if they can replace my order with previous order since i ordered before the $1k price increase. and the person in the chat function name Rick is telling me I cant but I have read on here about people that were able to do it so I am confused
If you place a new order, you wont be able to receive the $1000 back. If your SA matches your old order with the car’s vin, you will not be charges the new price.

Reactions: Mikejones11
I feel ya! Ordered 06/23 and I have had Mid to End of September dates since July 15. Specifically the 9/19 to 9/30 window mostly since then.
Welp, crushing reality of a September date is setting in.

I went from having a August 3rd - Mid August date and it kept slipping by one day for the next few days.

Checked this morning and it's now saying Sep 3 - Sep 23rd.

Ordered LR Blk/Blk AWD w/ Autopilot here in NY.

Not getting that $1k off is big. Here in MA, you qualify for $2500 EV rebate on any purchase/lease under $50k. If you order with the new pricing in place, essentially you need White with 18” aero only, as paint brings you to $50,990. Instead of $49,990 which I agreed to with MSM paint.

On Thursday, I got the notification that my 14-50 charger was sent out from California. So being in Arizona, I figure it'll get here over the weekend.

Jokes on me. They sent it to PA!? It was in Phoenix for a little bit at least. wtf.

It better get here before my car does!

1627427849248.png

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier post with all your info and guidance. A few days ago I’d scheduled a test drive just to see what I’m in for when I finally get the car (tl;dr - omg loved it, totally different experience than ice cars, can’t wait to own it permanently!!).

Anyway, while I was there, I asked why no one was answering their phones, like ever (was met with feeble excuses). However, I did manage to get one of the service advisors to help me with what I originally wanted all along (remove my trade-in coz CarMax beat their offer by a whopping $2k). So my trip to the Tysons location was someone fruitful.

Anyway, I’m also glad there’s now a new service center located in the Sterling area. WAY closer to me than the Tysons location.

And now back to waiting.
May I suggest getting trade offers from Vroom and Carvana. My trade to Vroom was about $5K higher than CarMax

Reactions: PuddleBoston
Not getting that $1k off is big. Here in MA, you qualify for $2500 EV rebate on any purchase/lease under $50k. If you order with the new pricing in place, essentially you need White with 18” aero only, as paint brings you to $50,990. Instead of $49,990 which I agreed to with MSM paint.

I hate to say it, but I think that ship has sailed for us even before this price increase. (Order date Jul 12 - Dedham, MA pick up too btw)

If you recall when you were on the order page back in lets say FEB before all the mass increase started, the price after "Potential Savings" had a breakdown that included our MA $2500 rebate. If you were to go there in like June and onwards, that was no longer listed. I think that the Delivery Fee causes us to break the $50k threshold for MA $2500 rebate. So unless MA as a state does not "count" the Delivery Fee then we might be out of luck already.

I hate to say it, but I think that ship has sailed for us even before this price increase. (Order date Jul 12 - Dedham, MA pick up too btw)

If you recall when you were on the order page back in lets say FEB before all the mass increase started, the price after "Potential Savings" had a breakdown that included our MA $2500 rebate. If you were to go there in like June and onwards, that was no longer listed. I think that the Delivery Fee causes us to break the $50k threshold for MA $2500 rebate. So unless MA as a state does not "count" the Delivery Fee then we might be out of luck already.
The 50k is supposed to be only the purchase price of the vehicle, no additional fees or taxes.

I’m still applying when I get the vehicle!

Reactions: md81593
Reactions: PuddleBoston