Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car currently en route to Chicago via train. Truck expected to arrive in STL 08/29. Was told to expect delivery 08/31-09/02. I should have asked if I could borrow one of the many (plastic-wrapped) Plaids in the lot until then. No envy here...

If anyone here has taken delivery of a Tesla recently in MO, please DM me - I have a question.
Did your SA tell you where the car was? I called mine like a week ago and he told me the ETA is 8/22 but my scheduled delivery is 8/23. I dont wanna be a burden and call every day to track it lol

Just got my delivery appointment text.... Woot!!!
dancing-squirrel.gif

So I want to change my black interiors to white and my SA said it'll not change my EDD (which is 8/31 to 9/15) since my profile is complete and VIN assignment is based on order date regardless of config change. However, when I call Tesla customer care, they said it'll significantly change my EDD to Oct/ Nov. Once I make the change, I cannot revert. Any idea what to do next?
Ordered 7/18, LR Metallic Silver in Chicago area.

Just got my delivery appointment text.... Woot!!!
View attachment 699082
Just got my delivery appointment text.... Woot!!
Same here, but will be out of USA until August 30th. Outside the range of the delivery days offered. The chat lady told me to talk to my advisor. What is she talking about? I’ve not talked to anyone since I placed the order on June 27th. Am I missing something?

So I want to change my black interiors to white and my SA said it'll not change my EDD (which is 8/31 to 9/15) since my profile is complete and VIN assignment is based on order date regardless of config change. However, when I call Tesla customer care, they said it'll significantly change my EDD to Oct/ Nov. Once I make the change, I cannot revert. Any idea what to do next?
Ordered 7/18, LR Metallic Silver in Chicago area.
Both statements could be true. It might not change your place in the queue but there may be a longer wait for white interiors. The whole process isn't very transparent and I obviously have no insight as to what will happen. I would plan for the worst case and assume that making the change will push back your delivery date. Maybe even by a month plus. But you're presumably going to keep the car for years. Is it more important to you to have the car with black seats (and an extra thousand in your bank account) in September? Or would you rather have the white interior even if it means a later delivery?

Both statements could be true. It might not change your place in the queue but there may be a longer wait for white interiors. The whole process isn't very transparent and I obviously have no insight as to what will happen. I would plan for the worst case and assume that making the change will push back your delivery date. Maybe even by a month plus. But you're presumably going to keep the car for years. Is it more important to you to have the car with black seats (and an extra thousand in your bank account) in September? Or would you rather have the white interior even if it means a later delivery?
Thanks! made the change to white, now lets see where we land on EDD.

Same here, but will be out of USA until August 30th. Outside the range of the delivery days offered. The chat lady told me to talk to my advisor. What is she talking about? I’ve not talked to anyone since I placed the order on June 27th. Am I missing something?
They normally don't call you. If you have to change anything, you'll probably have to talk to your order/delivery advisor if you need to change anything.