Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bay Area - LR White/White Aero

Ordered: 10/16
VIN: 12/4

Been a week since I got my VIN and have heard nothing from Tesla. Contacted the service center and they said I delivery should be scheduled 3-4 days after receiving VIN. Haven't heard back from them after that :(

So I guess the rumor about California people getting their cars quickly after a VIN assignment are incorrect. At least in my case anyway.

It was my understanding, based on his comments, that I wouldn’t benefit from it because it would fall in line as if it was ordered today?

That stinks but I don’t agree with him. The car is I ready made with a vin if it’s on the inventory page.

I originally ordered on 11/15 and had zero movement until last Sunday when my tentative dates were pushed back to the end of December with my SA saying he didn’t think it would be this year.

My loan was set to expire on 11/24 so I looked at the inventory page. Found a 2021 LR white on white, and called my SA. He match it instantly. Got the text while he was still on the phone to pay for it.

Called today, and the car had just left Chicago on its way to NJ and then to me in RI.

I would have most likely not have had a car until mid Jan without doing this, per what my SA stated.

Reactions: mrg0114
I have my VIN!!!!!!!!

I got an email last night at 10:47pm asking for my final payment info (paying cash) and the VIN was on the account page and in the MVPA doc. WoHooo.

LOL, the estimated 6-10 week message on the account page is still there and never changed. I'm going to go by the text I got 11-10-20 saying 2-5 weeks.

Since we can't receive in OK yet, it'll come to Kansas City and then trucked to my house.

Hello
I finally got a VIN 2 nights ago! My SA told me the car will probably be in KC by Dec 24 and then sent via third party carrier. Bank says car has no plates because they are not able to give temps for OK.
I guess temps will be placed in KC? Do you have any other info?

That stinks but I don’t agree with him. The car is I ready made with a vin if it’s on the inventory page.

I originally ordered on 11/15 and had zero movement until last Sunday when my tentative dates were pushed back to the end of December with my SA saying he didn’t think it would be this year.

My loan was set to expire on 11/24 so I looked at the inventory page. Found a 2021 LR white on white, and called my SA. He match it instantly. Got the text while he was still on the phone to pay for it.

Called today, and the car had just left Chicago on its way to NJ and then to me in RI.

I would have most likely not have had a car until mid Jan without doing this, per what my SA stated.

Very odd to see some people have success with this and then others getting the complete opposite. Same with some people getting in depth info about VINs and even SAs saying they think they will see deliveries soon without vins. I know it’s a very first world problem to complain about waiting a few weeks for a car. I’m just very excited and want it ASAP lol.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Very odd to see some people have success with this and then others getting the complete opposite. Same with some people getting in depth info about VINs and even SAs saying they think they will see deliveries soon without vins. I know it’s a very first world problem to complain about waiting a few weeks for a car. I’m just very excited and want it ASAP lol.

I agree! My SA was all for it when I came up with the idea. So odd the differences in opinions throughout the SAs.

The account page has been having some issues loading for me today, but it just slowly came up and my date range (has been 12/17-12/31, ordered 11/9) had disappeared and was replaced by 5-8 weeks from original order date.

My SA told me early this week that I would get a VIN by the end of this week so maybe this has something to do with getting ready to update the page, but I’m more inclined to think that it indicates a delay. We will see.

I agree! My SA was all for it when I came up with the idea. So odd the differences in opinions throughout the SAs.
But also for me to be told that “inventory” was basically just a place holder and they didn’t even act like it would be any quicker to buy the inventory. But like you said, seems like your SA was more than happy to set you up and it’s resulting in a quicker delivery. It is what it is. I ordered pretty recently, especially compared to others, so I can’t expect much. But damn this car is going to be awesome when it gets here.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
same here too. Ordered 10/20, Santa Clara, CA. Used to show Today-Dec 23.

I hope this is a good sign... I really want the car any day now lol.

Mine did this last week. Ordered 10/3 Los Angeles, No VIN. Started with the current day increasing to my "latest" delivery day Dec. 5th. After that, the dates just disappeared and I haven't heard anything since. No text, nor email. I called my Tesla location Monday and they didn't have any new information. Just the same "should be in the next 2 weeks". o_O

I'm hoping since so many west coasters are seeing this it means we're about to see a lot of VINs/deliveries next week. Just going by the (limited) Order Tracking sheet data there hasn't been a lot of VINs going out the last couple of days....

Reactions: jawnly211
Mine did this last week. Ordered 10/3 Los Angeles, No VIN. Started with the current day increasing to my "latest" delivery day Dec. 5th. After that, the dates just disappeared and I haven't heard anything since. No text, nor email. I called my Tesla location Monday and they didn't have any new information. Just the same "should be in the next 2 weeks". o_O

I'm hoping since so many west coasters are seeing this it means we're about to see a lot of VINs/deliveries next week. Just going by the (limited) Order Tracking sheet data there hasn't been a lot of VINs going out the last couple of days....

was wondering if you had an update on your situation....fingers crossed, but i think next week is when the roll out starts

at this point, i hope you get yours first out of all of us hahahaha

As promised, here is my 2021 Model 3 LR, midnight silver with the refreshed 19 inch sport wheels powder-coated (also went with lime brake caliper powder-coat)

IMG_8504 2.jpg
IMG_8511 2.JPG