Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Went from Dec 20-31 to no delivery estimate.

Reached out to my SA and was assured that my LR is still on track for delivery before the end of the year.
Ok I'm not the only one this happened to this morning. I didn't know whether to get excited or freak out....here's hoping for a pre-Christmas VIN/delivery. BTW my estimated delivery dates last night were 12/19 - 12/29

Ok I'm not the only one this happened to this morning. I didn't know whether to get excited or freak out....here's hoping for a pre-Christmas VIN/delivery. BTW my estimated delivery dates last night were 12/19 - 12/29
Although we told our SA we couldn't take delivery until 1/2 or later, both ours were showing delivery dates for the last two weeks of the year until last Friday, it changed to the same message you are now seeing. Ordered 11/24

Hey guys, several questions, if you don't mind:
1. What is the difference between old and new headlights? I saw a distant picture, and it looked like the new ones have like a projector on the outside. I actually like the old ones better so far, but would like to see a side by side comparison. But more importantly, what are the differences? Are they adaptive now? Do they light up better? Just curious. They're probably shaped exactly the same, so no sheet metal change, correct?
2. I wouldn't do this, but those saying they'd refuse delivery if not new headlights: Can you really do that if Tesla already has your money? My SA told me Tesla wouldn't refund my money. And actually not even change the car if something is wrong; that they'd just fix it. I DID NOT like that, but crossing fingers there're no major issues with the car.
3. For those of us who haven't received VINs, is it safe to assume our cars will come with the new headlights? I think it's probably better for resale too, but also depends what changes took place (hoping to hear that).

There is a video posted showing the differences in the new headlights. The main difference is the beam pattern is sharper on the new (projector) ones. There is also speculation that the new ones will turn with the vehicle in a future software update. The same video shows a maintenance menu that the projectors physically can move left and right.

As far as receiving the VIN, it’s going to come down to what date your car was manufactured it seems. If you are close to California and don’t have your vin yet it’s probably more likely you will have the new lights. No one really knows for sure yet.

Thank you. So seems like the new ones might be 'adaptive', like I suspected. But the old ones might actually light up better, no? I wouldn't mind either one, but the new ones might differentiate the car as 'face-lifted', and probably better for resale. I'm in TX, by the way.

I would be curious knowing a little bit about the need and use for all the electrical boxes, in particular the white one ?
I'd like the high tech tennis ball parking help !!!
Yeah, the number of boxes is crazy. We have Tesla solar and power walls, and our local utility requires a bunch of extra dedicated disconnects and breaker boxed for each component . From left to right... Solar/PV inverter (white box), Solar/Powerwall Combiner breaker box, Tesla Gateway, House sub-panel (flat to the wall), Two Smaller outside through-wall junctions for the 2 Utility Solar/PowerWall utility disconnects on the outside of house, Main house panel, Powerwall breaker/isolation box. It’s ludicrous. There are like 6 more boxes on the outsides, all required by utility and city codes.

Hey guys, several questions, if you don't mind:

2. I wouldn't do this, but those saying they'd refuse delivery if not new headlights: Can you really do that if Tesla already has your money? My SA told me Tesla wouldn't refund my money. And actually not even change the car if something is wrong; that they'd just fix it. I DID NOT like that, but crossing fingers there're no major issues with the car.
3. For those of us who haven't received VINs, is it safe to assume our cars will come with the new headlights? I think it's probably better for resale too, but also depends what changes took place (hoping to hear that).

I haven't sent payment yet and I am issuing a check when I'm at the dealership. I will look over the car first before taking delivery. I am using a checklist provided on these forums. The first thing I am checking is If I have the series VIN number that might possibly have the new lights. I doubt my SA knows, so I will go personally to take a look.

I think the new headlights will have software updates that will make them adaptive, among other things. I guess because California has more restringing car laws, we might just get them with this new batch.

Where do we find the born / manufacture date??
is it possible to ask my SA for this prior to delivery?

I just got assigned a VIN last week and it’s a 858xxx. IMO new headlights are a deal breaker for me. I will refuse delivery and request a newer model if indeed mine has the older headlights.

I've been tracking post/comments, the earliest VIN I've seen with the new headlights was 863XXX

Where do we find the born / manufacture date??
is it possible to ask my SA for this prior to delivery?

I just got assigned a VIN last week and it’s a 858xxx. IMO new headlights are a deal breaker for me. I will refuse delivery and request a newer model if indeed mine has the older headlights.
Well you can ask your SA they should be able to tell you. It *may be a little while* before a new car is given to you. But hey long as your happy with your car that’s what matters.

I haven't sent payment yet and I am issuing a check when I'm at the dealership. /QUOTE]
Must be nice being able to do that. At least in TX, it seems like we need to pay in advance, so Tesla will have me by the balls. Ha ha. But since no VIN yet, it's very likely we get the new headlights. We'll see. Will look for a 863xxx number.

Hey gang, how do you access the 'service mode' to adjust the headlight aim, like on the video above? It'd be awesome being able to do it from the car. Hopefully something easy to do :).