Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN early this morning! Ordered 10/24, white/black, FSD, 18in aero. VIN is 872xxx. Scheduled delivery is set for Saturday morning 12/26 - this will be one heck of a Christmas present.

I was up here in Seattle feeling like the rest of you west coasters... antsy. So happy the time is finally here. They're churning out LRs today!

You can still avoid plaid, just cancel it and it will allow you put your banking info in without plaid.
not for our account. the only option is plaid or wire or check. I've tried countless time and it just brings up the same box to enter our information into plaid. im thinking it must be also depending on how you chose to paid for your car. like cash or loan. if its a loan I think you are only putting down the downpayment which is normally a smaller amount. vs paying cash. however it could be a state thing. ill give it another shot but I doubt it work for us. if you dont mine me asking, are you paying with a loan or cash?

Got a VIN early this morning! Ordered 10/24, white/black, FSD, 18in aero. VIN is 872xxx. Scheduled delivery is set for Saturday morning 12/26 - this will be one heck of a Christmas present.

I was up here in Seattle feeling like the rest of you west coasters... antsy. So happy the time is finally here. They're churning out LRs today!
they are pushing them out. this is the normal pattern for Tesla. probably most of the east coast cars are already on their way. so the west coast delivery will ramp up quickly. congrats on the VIN. you only have few days until its home.

Any major QC issues lately? Pick mine up next Tuesday. Debating on if I’m going to do a full check list at Tesla or just look it over and do a full check when I get home.
I suggest you do a check at Tesla. its better that they see it there vs you driving home. granted you are supposed to get 100 miles or something to inform them of delivery issues. but I think its best that someone there, on delivery day, see the issue so its for sure documented before you accept delivery. you can still do another check once you get home as well.

I suggest you do a check at Tesla. its better that they see it there vs you driving home. granted you are supposed to get 100 miles or something to inform them of delivery issues. but I think its best that someone there, on delivery day, see the issue so its for sure documented before you accept delivery. you can still do another check once you get home as well.
That is true. I will take the checklist and get it done!

You can still avoid plaid, just cancel it and it will allow you put your banking info in without plaid.
definitely something to with the method of payment you are doing. I get the dialogue box stating your bank doesn't exist and exit to enter manually, however when that is clicked, it brings me to the "other payment option" which we get the we only accept wire or certified check as another form of payment.

Any major QC issues lately? Pick mine up next Tuesday. Debating on if I’m going to do a full check list at Tesla or just look it over and do a full check when I get home.

that checklst i printed out was pretty thorough - but i eventually found myself doing my own detailed walk through with my kids and wife

theres no time limit on how long you spend looking for QC issues - no tesla attendent around so zero pressure/rush

just take your time in looking for any gaps, crack in the glass, scratches under the bumpers

honestly, you may get overwhelmed with all the new technology and you will just want to take it home just to start playing around and exploring hahahaha

i had zero issues with mine and havent noticed or heard any issues since taking delivery on friday *knocks on wood*

not for our account. the only option is plaid or wire or check. I've tried countless time and it just brings up the same box to enter our information into plaid. im thinking it must be also depending on how you chose to paid for your car. like cash or loan. if its a loan I think you are only putting down the downpayment which is normally a smaller amount. vs paying cash. however it could be a state thing. ill give it another shot but I doubt it work for us. if you dont mine me asking, are you paying with a loan or cash?

Ah, i'm paying the down payment in NJ, that's probably why.

that checklst i printed out was pretty thorough - but i eventually found myself doing my own detailed walk through with my kids and wife

theres no time limit on how long you spend looking for QC issues - no tesla attendent around so zero pressure/rush

just take your time in looking for any gaps, crack in the glass, scratches under the bumpers

honestly, you may get overwhelmed with all the new technology and you will just want to take it home just to start playing around and exploring hahahaha

i had zero issues with mine and havent noticed or heard any issues since taking delivery on friday *knocks on wood*
Yeah, some of the lists I’ve seen are crazy in depth.

Wow, my 10/31 order is delivering tomorrow, 858XXX, only difference from yours is mine is Blue/black. Should have been Friday but they had a paint issue to fix apparently. They say they can't show me what it looked like originally... Will be inspecting carefully.

I must say @Tholland is really on to something here regarding the new headlights and VIN #. Per my previous comments, coincidentally my office building is right across the street from my service center and Tesla is using the top floors of the covered parking garage to store its vehicles. I went up to look at the 2021 Model 3s and I have pictures and VINs of numerous cars. Unfortunately it appears that @Tholland is pretty accurate with VIN / Headlight assessment. All of the VINs below had the older headlights:

862xxx
857xxx
853xxx
855xxx

My VIN is a 858xxx. I already reached out to my SA to notify them I would like a new VIN match as I wont accept delivery with a older VIN / older headlight.

Reactions: yaya21 and Tholland
I must say @Tholland is really on to something here regarding the new headlights and VIN #. Per my previous comments, coincidentally my office building is right across the street from my service center and Tesla is using the top floors of the covered parking garage to store its vehicles. I went up to look at the 2021 Model 3s and I have pictures and VINs of numerous cars. Unfortunately it appears that @Tholland is pretty accurate with VIN / Headlight assessment. All of the VINs below had the older headlights:

862xxx
857xxx
853xxx
855xxx

My VIN is a 858xxx. I already reached out to my SA to notify them I would like a new VIN match as I wont accept delivery with a older VIN / older headlight.
thanks for this info. this is very useful and what I was looking for. I figured this was going to be the case. great work.

862xxx
857xxx
853xxx
855xxx

My SA just replied to my text about requesting a new VIN and this was her response:

"If were waiting for a new VIN, it might be in March that a new Model 3 comes since I dont see any in inventory that match your build with a later VIN".

My SA just replied to my text about requesting a new VIN and this was her response:

"If were waiting for a new VIN, it might be in March that a new Model 3 comes since I dont see any in inventory that match your build with a later VIN".
I dont think she is wrong. as once January hits they normally build for overseas for the first month or first half of the quarter. but you could get a car earlier than that. that one is a tough choice. really depends on how you feel about waiting for the new VIN which could stretch to march for the new headlights. if you feel that you want them and are ok with the longest timeframe Tesla is offer I support your choice. you have to be happy with your purchase at the end of the day. as my grandfather would say, "its a PITA to pay for something you are not fully happy with" @mikey_bs do you have a trade in?

Last edited:

Help me understand how when I can inspect my car. Is this before or after doing paperwork etc? Do I show up and say, oh look my car. I'll check back with you after I inspect, OR, I have to complete documents, get a key card etc before inspecting?

Reactions: jawnly211