Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN today (872xxx) for my white exterior, black interior, and aero wheels model 3. Curious if I’ll see the update to the new headlights. Placed an updated order for a LR AWD on Dec 15 after changing mind about getting an SR+. Still waiting to schedule delivery.

Dang that's a huuuuge bummer. I know us Cali people get bumped to the very end of the delivery queue. Wish they hadn't gotten our hopes up earlier by setting a delivery date before Christmas. I would definately not mind picking up next week but due to my family emergency I'd have to leave the state this weekend, leaving me just inches away :( Fingers crossed that there's some sort of christmas miracle for us!

I just got my vin. Check you email you might have gotten lucky too :)

Reactions: yaya21
I just got my vin. Check you email you might have gotten lucky too :)
just checked still nothing... super bummed because I ordered 10/21 yet I keep seeing others with later order dates being placed with vins :( been emailing the delivery center and my SA but no one has really been responding or giving me much of an update just the generic, “we are waiting for you to be assigned to a vin” response

just checked still nothing... super bummed because I ordered 10/21 yet I keep seeing others with later order dates being placed with vins :( been emailing the delivery center and my SA but no one has really been responding or giving me much of an update just the generic, “we are waiting for you to be assigned to a vin” response

I order on the 28 of October a performance model and changed it to a long range on the 29. Hopefully you get yours tonight/tomorrow morning. Make sure to check on your Tesla account as well.

All of the forums are experiencing VIN delays and pushed back dates, no matter what trim. The performance trim seems to be definitely getting the updated headlights. A lot of us are complaining about our SA's. We should rate them, like in college where you rate your teachers in another forum. I won't name my SA now, since they have been somewhat helpful, but lots of back and forth.

After we get our vehicles, are we even going to be still checking these specific forums? probably not!

Multiple cars my exact spec except without FSD listed in local inventory yet still no VIN or delivery date... this is very annoying! Why wouldn’t they just add FSD and match one to me?

I also can see a few with my EXACT spec, but no... not for me o_O

exactly in the same boat. My SA responded about a week ago to my inquiry with an estimated delivery of 26th Dec, but no VIN or other information since then. Hope it stays on 26th at least.
Ordered 10/20, Bay Area, Pickup Fremont

Really getting frustrated with Tesla to be completely honest. I was given an automated delivery date of either December 18 or 19th. I was then called by a rep saying that is not possible and the earliest I can get it is the 21st or 22nd. Fine, I schedule for the 22nd. I decided to call the location for my pickup on the 18th and they told me they just got the car and just need to take a quick look at it and I can come get it. Awesome.

Hour later I get a call saying there is a dent in the bumper that will need to be buffed out on Monday since the service team isn't able to do it that day. They warn me that if the team cannot buff it out without damaging the paint then it will need to go to the bodyshop. Lo and behold on Monday, it needs to be sent to the bodyshop. They explain to me again its just a dent in the bumper and will need to take the bumper off, buff it out and possibly clean up the paint. They proceed to tell me this will take over a week??? I was told it left for the repair shop Monday morning already. I then sent an email later in the day asking for pictures of before and after. I get a reply this morning saying they will try but its likely the repair has already started. I talked to multiple friends who work at other dealerships (BMW, Audi) and they said transport damage is normal but the estimated time for repair, especially for what they described, seems incredibly long.

At this point I am growing extremely frustrated because it ruined my Christmas plans as I do not currently have a vehicle. I have not seen my parents in weeks and we have been taking tests and precautions to ensure Christmas is safe, but now that is jeopardy because commuting is 2.5 hours one way. The rep I am emailing with said he will check in with service and then never replied to me. He has not been helpful at all. I dealt with someone else over the weekend when I called in and they actually attempted to help saying they will look for the same build that wasn't delivered to someone yet.

I am just having a hard time comprehending how removing a bumper, buffing a dent out and possibly painting it takes over a week?

Really getting frustrated with Tesla to be completely honest. I was given an automated delivery date of either December 18 or 19th. I was then called by a rep saying that is not possible and the earliest I can get it is the 21st or 22nd. Fine, I schedule for the 22nd. I decided to call the location for my pickup on the 18th and they told me they just got the car and just need to take a quick look at it and I can come get it. Awesome.

Hour later I get a call saying there is a dent in the bumper that will need to be buffed out on Monday since the service team isn't able to do it that day. They warn me that if the team cannot buff it out without damaging the paint then it will need to go to the bodyshop. Lo and behold on Monday, it needs to be sent to the bodyshop. They explain to me again its just a dent in the bumper and will need to take the bumper off, buff it out and possibly clean up the paint. They proceed to tell me this will take over a week??? I was told it left for the repair shop Monday morning already. I then sent an email later in the day asking for pictures of before and after. I get a reply this morning saying they will try but its likely the repair has already started. I talked to multiple friends who work at other dealerships (BMW, Audi) and they said transport damage is normal but the estimated time for repair, especially for what they described, seems incredibly long.

At this point I am growing extremely frustrated because it ruined my Christmas plans as I do not currently have a vehicle. I have not seen my parents in weeks and we have been taking tests and precautions to ensure Christmas is safe, but now that is jeopardy because commuting is 2.5 hours one way. The rep I am emailing with said he will check in with service and then never replied to me. He has not been helpful at all. I dealt with someone else over the weekend when I called in and they actually attempted to help saying they will look for the same build that wasn't delivered to someone yet.

I am just having a hard time comprehending how removing a bumper, buffing a dent out and possibly painting it takes over a week?

Yeah the SA aren’t very helpful at times, but once you pick up your car you’ll forget about the terrible customer service and you’ll be really happy with your car. On my first tesla, I was so mad with the whole process to the point where I almost canceled my order completely; however, once I got the car, I decided to switch our whole household to Tesla’s. Lol you are almost there :)

Received VIN# tonight at 11:00PM
2021 Model 3 LR MSM/Black 18" wheels
Ordered 11/24/2020 online.
Delivery in Burbank CA.
Thursday is my birthday!
killer.gif

Reactions: onwheels and yaya21