Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered the M3 LR white exterior, black interior on 19" rims on 10/26. I am located in San Jose, CA and have been calling since my delivery window was Dec 15-31. It now tightens everyday with no VIN assignment. I haven't been able to get any more information. Any one else in this boat?

Sorry to hear I'm not the only one frustrated with Tesla's crappy customer service (apparently there are many more). But in your case, you should absolutely get your $100 back; that's the least Tesla can do when behaving like that.

If I don't hear from the SA back by Monday (after a 6-day silence), will cancel the order, and they can shove their fee and car up where the sun doesn't shine. Ha ha. VIN is still showing in my account, so there's still hope.

Confused as to why you’d both cancel when you already have a VIN. Just talk to an SA and they can probably schedule your delivery window right now.

Ordered the M3 LR white exterior, black interior on 19" rims on 10/26. I am located in San Jose, CA and have been calling since my delivery window was Dec 15-31. It now tightens everyday with no VIN assignment. I haven't been able to get any more information. Any one else in this boat?

I'm in the same situation as you. Order around same time, but only difference is I ordered the white interior. As each day goes by, the delivery windows adjusts to the current day, but I do think we will get our VIN any day now and then the M3 will be ready soon after.

Last edited:
My 859XXX isn't scheduled to arrive to Cincinnati until 12/29 with delivery scheduled 12/30. So if you get yours on Tuesday, that's even stranger. Maybe ours are on the same truck/train and they will stop here first on the way to you;)

@hightower82 car just arrived by rail in NJ. Next stop is truck to Philly. I hope that happens tomorrow and I can pick her up Monday. Call your SC - maybe yours arrived in Cincinnati.

Car was scheduled to be delivered Tuesday in Cincinnati. Just received a text that weather has delayed the delivery and there is “no solid ETA”. The waiting game continues -_-
That sucks. Not looking good for me then. I’ve been kind of skeptical about actually getting it before the new year. I guess we’ll see what happens. Fortunately I dont need the car desperately or anything. I am just driving myself nuts with excitement though

That sucks. Not looking good for me then. I’ve been kind of skeptical about actually getting it before the new year. I guess we’ll see what happens. Fortunately I dont need the car desperately or anything. I am just driving myself nuts with excitement though
Yeah.. I don’t need the car as mine runs just fine (albeit 236,000 miles), but I’m also like you and just excited beyond words.

Received Text: 12/26
Ordered: 10/20
Tesla Update - We expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 1-2 days! We have tentatively scheduled your delivery appointment for 12/29 at the Vallejo Delivery Center.

Anyone know if you can ask to pick up earlier if you go to Fremont?

Ordered 11/24.
Delivery date 12/26 @ 2PM in Burbank.
Still waiting for FedEx to deliver the cashiers check. ☹️
Hope I don’t need to reschedule.
Rats! Just got a text from FedEx, no check until Monday. I hope Burbank will hold the car and not give it to someone else. In the big picture it’s not a big deal, but I am really disappointed and it’s the wife’s car, so I am going to be in a world of hurt

Picked up my car today 1 hour before scheduled appointment (Superior, CO). I found a small panel gap issues around fronk and trunk and a couple of scratches on the plastic part of the steering wheel (already scheduled apt to see if this can be addressed). 858xxx VIN with the old headlights. I really like
845B1EAD-4F6A-4D4A-BB56-865C0FE5C140.jpeg
this car and so my teenagers and my wife!

VIN just showed up in my account!
It's a 876xxx. I'm optimistic it has the new headlights . Delivery is planned for 26/12.

Took delivery today at the Fremont Factory delivery center of a Model 3 white/white 18" with FSD.
Car has the new headlights as expected.
Altogether the cars panel gaps etc. were pretty good (at least for tesla standards), Interestingly the panel gap where the A pillar meets the door was really good / fine in my car, but pretty bad with some model 3's parked next to me.

However my car had one major flaw, that I unfortunately only realized after accepting delivery and being able to enter the car:
- My passenger side-door was pretty badly aligned (visible from outside), which by itself wouldn't be a big deal. However after opening the car I noticed that the passenger-side door closes really hard, as-in I really have to throw it with force in order to close it. Otherwise, it's kinda half-way stuck. I talked to the factory delivery team after noticing it and they said they could fix it today, but it would take anywhere between 1-4h. At this point it was already 6pm and one of the delivery guys convinced me that this is a common issue can be fixed relatively easy via mobile service/service appointment.
I didn't want risk waiting 4h and I actually didn't have a car for weeks and therefore kinda desperate, so I ended up believing them and will try to get this fixed via mobile service. I believe in order to fix both the panel gap and the door not closing properly they simply have to move the door striker a few millimeters downwards as it currently appears to push the door upwards a bit which is both causing the gap and the bad closing. Hopefully it's actually that simple... . The driver-side door is perfectly aligned.
Attaching some pictures of the flaw. The last pic is when the door is half-closed (i.e. closing without force).

A few other random thoughts and information:
- The 2021' 19" sport wheels look (in my opinion) even more ugly in person than on photos. I got the 18" but was able to checkout the 19" on other cars. I used to like the 2020 19"s. Glad I went with the 2021 18"s.
- My car is white/white. After walking around I noticed that I actually kinda like the 2021 blue on white (blue ext, white int), maybe a tad more than white/white. I think the blacked-out door handles and window trims just make the blue look pretty good (the old blue/white with silver trim wasn't my fav), especially when it's washed properly and it's in the sun. I actually asked the delivery guys if it's possible to switch me still to a blue/white, but it turned out to be kinda complicated and I would've had to pay 10k instead of 8k for FSD. Also would've been possible that'd it'd need to wait multiple weeks for the new car. So ended just taking my white/white. Maybe I'll wrap it some day. I'm honestly not a huge fan of either of the Model 3 colors, especially after being spoiled by my previous BMW in Snapper Rocks Blue (https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/...three-quarter-in-motion-14-e1493651658777.jpg).
- Car is quieter than expected (it's not really that quiet, but my expectations were low and it kinda surpassed them. subjectively feels a tad less loud than the M3s I test-drove before).
- I made the final payment via counter-check.
- Car was kinda dirty outside (I think they put the car there the night before during which it rained, so no biggie).
- Car hat one or two random tape stripes on the inside of the rear windshield.
- I feel like the car is pulling possible a tad towards the right and the steering is a bit harder and imprecise than expected. I may just overthink this as I'm super picky about the steering and alignment in any car - let's hope I'll get used to it.
- FSD did already a great job on the way home (Fremont->South Bay)
- Car had 11 miles at pickup.

Attachments

• PXL_20201227_012258076.jpg
    PXL_20201227_012258076.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20201227_005500508.jpg
    PXL_20201227_005500508.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20201227_005442753.jpg
    PXL_20201227_005442753.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20201227_033952636 (1).jpg
    PXL_20201227_033952636 (1).jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 61
just for reference, here's my car with the aero covers popped. The 18" underneath actually look pretty awesome in person imo. I also think the 2021" 18" look better than the 2020 18" rims and a LOT better than the 2021 19" ones. Also attaching a pic of a red M3 with the 2021 19" ones.

Attachments

• PXL_20201227_075354288.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201227_075354288.MP.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20201227_075359024.jpg
    PXL_20201227_075359024.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20201227_005940687.jpg
    PXL_20201227_005940687.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 75
- The 2021' 19" sport wheels look (in my opinion) even more ugly in person than on photos. I got the 18" but was able to checkout the 19" on other cars. I used to like the 2020 19"s. Glad I went with the 2021 18"s.

Thanks for the info. I guess what they say is true. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I actually love the look of the new 19" sport wheels (in person and in pictures). I do not like the old ones at all in fact. When the refresh came out, I liked the new wheels so much that I decided to switch from a Performance Model Y to a LR AWD Model 3. That wasn't the only reason, but it was a big part of it.

• Funny
Reactions: geekflyer