Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the wheel caps off today and will see how less efficient it is driving this week. Still debating adding the acceleration boost. Ceramic window tint all around soon. The new boom box feature is kinda fun and now explains the spaceship noise in reverse. Lol

Attachments

• 20201227_181402.jpg
    20201227_181402.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 84
Delivered today to my home.
No complaints about quality. Very minor miss alignment on front doors.
The pic (bad pic, I know) was taken before I even open the door. :D
Question: is it ok that doors need to really push to close? I drove MB before and i got used to be more gentle. :oops:

Attachments

• 26EA5789-5CF2-4030-9A6F-FBF842C6E63A.jpeg
    26EA5789-5CF2-4030-9A6F-FBF842C6E63A.jpeg
    842.4 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: tstolze
Picked up my car today 1 hour before scheduled appointment (Superior, CO). I found a small panel gap issues around fronk and trunk and a couple of scratches on the plastic part of the steering wheel (already scheduled apt to see if this can be addressed). 858xxx VIN with the old headlights. I really likeView attachment 621365 this car and so my teenagers and my wife!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

I think it’s fairly likely there may be inventory available Jan 1st. I’m still seeing availability in their existing inventory online. And there may be people who cancel after missing the end of year delivery.

I hope you are correct, locally the website is showing a Black/White like I ordered in inventory and a Blue/White that we ordered for my Wife, but the Blue/White has the 19" Sport wheels, we both ordered the 18" Aero's, hoping if it's available that they might swap the tire/wheel package out.

Question: is it ok that doors need to really push to close? I drove MB before and i got used to be more gentle. :oops:
Having the same issue as well. I have to really push the doors to make them close. Anyone else have this problem? Also, I hear a good amount of wind noise on the driver’s side door.

Having the same issue as well. I have to really push the doors to make them close. Anyone else have this problem? Also, I hear a good amount of wind noise on the driver’s side door.

I seem to sorta have this problem with the passenger side door. The other 3 doors seem to be fine, just that one door for some reason takes a little extra oomph to get to close. Not exactly a deal-breaker but something I noticed...

I was ready to get my order canceled for arrogant crap, like can't drive the car to check it, can't pay without giving your bank log-in, have to have insurance active 1 week in advance, have to pay for doc fee when I'd be doing everything, etc. Told the Tesla text message (probably in cali) no deal since Thursday, and never heard from them again. I guess they couldn't sell the car to somebody else, and the local manager called me today, to tell me they'd make a 'special exception' for my requests (except the document fee deduction, which I'm not going to pay), so there's still hope for the sale. They're finally going to let us test-drive 'our' car to make sure all is well, like if we were asking for the moon. Heck, I test-drove several Teslas in Austin without an issue, and I cannot drive the car I'm about to buy? So stupid. But we'll do that tomorrow. My wife is so pissed she doesn't want the car anymore, but maybe after driving it she will. Ha ha. Just have to hear from them on the extra doc fees. I'm only willing to pay them the initial $100; that's it (I'll do everything, including tags, inspection, and registration). So we'll see what happens :). Will keep you posted. Worse car deal I've ever made... and I didn't even have to negotiate price. Ha ha. Unreal.

So people in the U.S are now getting the new headlights, I also took delivery of my car 2 weeks ago but got the old headlights. Should I ask to get them swapped out, or do you think they won't agree to do it. After all I payed for a 2021, it should have 2021 lights.

Tesla will not swap your headlights. That’s one of the bad things about Tesla. When a refresh hits, you never quite know what you will end up with. Or worse, you buy a car and a week later multiple enhancements are added to same model.

Reactions: jawnly211
So people in the U.S are now getting the new headlights, I also took delivery of my car 2 weeks ago but got the old headlights. Should I ask to get them swapped out, or do you think they won't agree to do it. After all I payed for a 2021, it should have 2021 lights.

That was one of the requirements I wanted my vehicle to have, the new headlights. I wanted to inspect it before final payment. They told me the payment option to pay with a check had changed and I needed to fill out my banking information. I was told if I didn't like the vehicle, they can reverse the charge.

Needless to say, that's the first thing I checked for when I picked up the car. After that, I checked everything else. I'm happy so far!

no pics yet!

Reactions: Maric
Picked up my M3 LR AWD MSM with black interior yesterday in Tampa. Appointment was originally scheduled for today but they called me on Saturday to let me know it was ready for pickup. Did not get the new headlights as I expected. VIN 858XXX with a build date of 12/12. Only issue with the car was a misalignment of the frunk. The delivery person would not acknowledge this and said I need to schedule a service appointment in the app and report it there. Not sure if this is normal as I thought they might have someone adjust before I left. I live about 45 minutes away and when I scheduled the service I got an appointment the next day less than 24 hours away. I was told I have 100 miles to report delivery issues. I will pass those 100 miles just driving to and from the service center between delivery and the next day service appointment. On another note I did pay the balance due by personal check without issue.

Overall it wasn’t a horrible experience but definitely below my already low expectations. It was nothing close to the touchless delivery process I have read from others here. To make matters worse my wife was completely grossed out by the condition of the bathrooms in the waiting area. I can only imagine what was in there as she does not typically complain about these things. After all it is a public restroom. I saw other ladies walk in only to walk right back out. She did mention it to the staff who informed her that the restrooms are cleaned nightly and they would look into it (we arrived at 10am when they opened).

During the drive home the cameras calibrated fairly quickly though I did get a warning about the driver side column camera being disconnected or dirty. The message eventually went away. I’m not sure if I should be concerned about it. I will mention it at the service appointment. I did not know that I needed to enable autopilot and FSD functionality so I didn’t enable them until I got home.

I noticed that a software update was available and decided to let that run. Once completed I noticed that FSD was disabled again in the setup screen except now it was grayed out with a message stating that FSD is not available in this region. After a quick search online I saw that someone else had experienced this and after driving around it returned. I drove a few miles and pulled over and sure enough the warning was gone and it let me enable FSD again.

After plugging in to charge for the night I got a message that another software update was available. I believe this one is the latest “Christmas” update. I started the installation and it seems to have completed normally according to the app. I have not actually been inside the car since the update completed. In a few hours I will be driving back to the SC so I’ll check things out then.

Overall I’m happy with the car but a little concerned about service from Tesla going forward. I went into this with low expectations from a service perspective. I’ll see how the upcoming service appointment goes. I will also be getting my Homelink module installed this morning. Given my distance from the SC I tried to arrange to have it installed at the time of delivery. They would not and told me that I have to schedule a service appointment for this after delivery. Also apparently I am out of range for mobile service despite being told, prior to the sale, that they do travel to the city where I live. Truth be told I’ve had better experiences buying $25k cars in the past at traditional dealerships. And much better experiences with higher end cars in the Tesla price range.

I’m still excited to finally have the car and hopefully I won’t have a lot of issues with it. One of my reasons for choosing Tesla was the low maintenance. Hopefully the reliability is there as well.

I seem to sorta have this problem with the passenger side door. The other 3 doors seem to be fine, just that one door for some reason takes a little extra oomph to get to close. Not exactly a deal-breaker but something I noticed...
My Wife's Model Y had an issue with the passenger side front door not closing all the way for the first few days. I read that this was somewhat common, and did a few extra open/close cycles on the one door...seems to be fine now.

Do you have to pay in advance ? I actually opted for pickup but got a text that they are gonna home deliver it. Little concerned about paying before even I get a chance to inspect the car. Hope everything is fine.

Also this is my first ever car in US, can someone advise me for insurance choices ?

Update:
Delivery went smooth-ish. Some weirdness on the docs because I switched from lease to purchase. Took about 25 mins, including my inspection of the car. The car looked good. No stand out panel gaps or weirdness I've notice, besides the car looking like a teenager in a hurry wash/waxed it . Lots of residue not cleaned up. And a few dirty spots inside & out but nothing major. I wasn't expecting the car to be detailed (unfortunately) with all of the cars they're rushing to deliver.

I'll start by saying that I don't particularly like driving. I sold my last car about 4 years ago and switched to relying only on Uber/Lyft. But this car is SO FREAKING FUN to drive! Compared to driving a gas car its like when Mario gets the star. lol.

Overall the car is nice. The white interior is stunning and surprisingly comfy. BUT if you're coming from tradition luxury vehicles, the Model 3 (and Model S really) you can tell in certain areas where they cut cost in the interior. Understandable tradeoffs though because it excels in a lot of other areas. I've already went out and sat in it twice and even took it for another spin tonight to test out Autopilot. My firmware is like 11 weeks old. Hoping I get updated soon. (Not sure how many days new cars take before they get an update). My car isn't parked in my WIFI area. I have to move it about 100 feet to get it to connect. So I'll move it when it tells me there is an update ready.

Anyway I'm loving the car. Of all the weeks, LA is getting its first rain in 10 months so after it clears up I'm going to take the car to get it tinted, painted calipers and a ceramic coating put on. (It's black and I'm terrified of getting swirls in the paint).

giphy.gif

I was ready to get my order canceled for arrogant crap, like can't drive the car to check it, can't pay without giving your bank log-in, have to have insurance active 1 week in advance, have to pay for doc fee when I'd be doing everything, etc. Told the Tesla text message (probably in cali) no deal since Thursday, and never heard from them again. I guess they couldn't sell the car to somebody else, and the local manager called me today, to tell me they'd make a 'special exception' for my requests (except the document fee deduction, which I'm not going to pay), so there's still hope for the sale. They're finally going to let us test-drive 'our' car to make sure all is well, like if we were asking for the moon. Heck, I test-drove several Teslas in Austin without an issue, and I cannot drive the car I'm about to buy? So stupid. But we'll do that tomorrow. My wife is so pissed she doesn't want the car anymore, but maybe after driving it she will. Ha ha. Just have to hear from them on the extra doc fees. I'm only willing to pay them the initial $100; that's it (I'll do everything, including tags, inspection, and registration). So we'll see what happens :). Will keep you posted. Worse car deal I've ever made... and I didn't even have to negotiate price. Ha ha. Unreal.

... I’ve never heard of test driving the new car you ordered. You test drove the same model and ordered it. Once you put miles on that thing and drive off the lot it’s yours now. If you don’t take it now they have to list it as used or a demo? Umm...yeah no.

Quick question, guys.
Tesla has been known for selling their cars at fixed price with no price haggling at all.
Does that mean that Tesla sales reps are not commission based (don't care if you buy through specific sales rep or not)?
The reason I ask, is because I was assigned with VIN# 862XXX, which appears to be one with old headlights and my pickup has been scheduled for tomorrow.
I sent an email to my sales rep to request for a change it to newer VIN with new headlights.
In the event he cannot assign me one with new headlights, would it matter if I simply go to other Tesla dealer to grab one with new headlights by using the current trade-in info and credit info that was already approved?
I found other location over in Chicago, has ones with newer headlights in their lot but it would be rude to turn my back to the current SA to go elsewhere.

Quick question, guys.
Tesla has been known for selling their cars at fixed price with no price haggling at all.
Does that mean that Tesla sales reps are not commission based (don't care if you buy through specific sales rep or not)?
The reason I ask, is because I was assigned with VIN# 862XXX, which appears to be one with old headlights and my pickup has been scheduled for tomorrow.
I sent an email to my sales rep to request for a change it to newer VIN with new headlights.
In the event he cannot assign me one with new headlights, would it matter if I simply go to other Tesla dealer to grab one with new headlights by using the current trade-in info and credit info that was already approved?
I found other location over in Chicago, has ones with newer headlights in their lot but it would be rude to turn my back to the current SA to go elsewhere.
You can call another SA or location and see if they can just swap the vins for you. It a SA has to swap it over to your current RN, it can be done.

Do you have to pay in advance ? I actually opted for pickup but got a text that they are gonna home deliver it. Little concerned about paying before even I get a chance to inspect the car. Hope everything is fine.

Also this is my first ever car in US, can someone advise me for insurance choices ?
Yes, I paid the day before. I used Plaid many times, no big deal. I believe you pay in advance with all online car selling services such Carvana, Shift...
Also I signed 2 docs online.
I took Tesla insurance. Convenient, affordable.

• Love
Reactions: onwheels