Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

So I ordered a Model 3 LR a few weeks ago and am expecting delivery in around a month, it was an existing inventory car and I haven't received a VIN yet, I'm wondering how can I upgrade to enhanced autopilot or FSD before delivery, also whether it would cost more if I were to purchase it after delivery?

It is probably best just to add it after delivery...same price (for now). You could always call and ask.

When I log into my Tesla account and go to Manage my Tesla order, it gives me to option to add FSD. I've been tempted to click yes since the day I made the order.

I think about doing it every day LOL- Part of it is in the hopes my car comes faster but the more beta videos i watch, the more i think about how awesome it is. (the version to come not what exists now)

torn between LR + boost vs Performance, leaning towards LR as I would likely replace the wheels (never been a fan of dark wheels) and suspension (still sits a little too high) on the P anyway, other than a slight performance decline (i think its 3.2 vs 3.7, 11.4 vs 11.7?), any disadvantage I might miss before pulling the trigger? LR would also include 18" wheels I can use as winter tires...

I'm also not a fan of the black handles, is there a wrap or some product to match handles to white paint color?

Lastly, I don't need the car until summer when my travel will resume, but anxious to get a car as my current car has some large repairs around the corner, do you think any major price changes/incentives are on the horizon? need to learn more about Biden's EV proposals...

Last edited:
I'm really tempted ... fighting the urge.
I had new documents added to my Tesla account. Turns out it was just my loan agreement. Extremely happy with the loan terms. I've lived most of my life not financing cars, but in my opinion it doesn't make cents to not utilize these low rates. I'm not a wallstreetbets super genius though.

torn between LR + boost vs Performance, leaning towards LR as I would likely replace the wheels (never been a fan of dark wheels) and suspension (still sits a little too high) on the P anyway, other than a slight performance decline (i think its 3.2 vs 3.7, 11.4 vs 11.7?), any disadvantage I might miss before pulling the trigger?

I'm also not a fan of the black handles, is there a wrap or some product to match handles to white paint color?

I wanted the performance, but I also want different wheels, springs, and trunk lip. On the fence about the front lip. I think the brake upgrade is pretty nice on the performance. It seems like you do get $10K in upgrades with the performance. I'm sure you could sell all the parts you take off to partially pay for the new one. In the end, I felt like I would use the extended range more than the sport mode.

I wanted the performance, but I also want different wheels, springs, and trunk lip. On the fence about the front lip. I think the brake upgrade is pretty nice on the performance. It seems like you do get $10K in upgrades with the performance. I'm sure you could sell all the parts you take off to partially pay for the new one. In the end, I felt like I would use the extended range more than the sport mode.

debating 8.5 vs 10" wheel width, any insight there? I drive a tone so thinking 8.5 all around would be cheaper tires, less weight, and allow rotating, but not sure when looking at pics of cars what width they are running...

Last edited:
debating 8.5 vs 10" wheel width, any insight there? I drive a tone so thinking 8.5 all around would be cheaper and allow rotating, but not sure when looking at pics what I'm seeing...

I think the staggered setup looks really cool and I like the look of concave wheels. I feel like I need 2 Teslas, 1 to mod and 1 to daily drive. Since I'm making this my main driver I've been focusing more on making it mine while maintaining the range. Engineering Explained had a great video about wheels and the effect on range. I think its a personal choice on how you are going to use the car. Once I've had it for a couple of months I think I will be able to better decide if I need the range or if I can sacrifice for some more extreme wheels.

RE the FSD issue: Someone on YouTube made a good point. If you add before picking up your car, that might increase your MSRP for either/both sales tax (initially) or property tax (on-going) in your state. As "many people say," your mileage may vary.

This is a good point - unfortunately, in Ohio country, we get taxed at our normal sales tax rate for everything, vehicles included :(

Reactions: tstolze
This is a good point - unfortunately, in Ohio country, we get taxed at our normal sales tax rate for everything, vehicles included :(

So do we. I calculated what I assumed would be sales tax on my last car but I was way off. Turns out its almost 7% for a State Tax , then a county Tax, a city tax (depending on the city in the county), a special tax on electric cars ($200) , and potentially a luxury tax.