Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be glad your delivery is not in Plano. No power. Texas is their own power pool by choice from a decision decades ago. We're in the SWPP and so far have avoided the rolling blackouts although it came very close yesterday.

We're getting excited to make the drive Friday. All my reservations are locked in. My only fear is getting a last minute call postponing the appt.

I'm worried about that last minute call asking me to delay the pick up, but all in all that is minor compared to the folks in Texas and people without power around me.
My Dad was an Electrical Engineer for a major power company. He complained about the Texas power grid and deregulations for most of my life... and he was a libertarian

• Informative
Reactions: Mark57 and tstolze
I'm worried about that last minute call asking me to delay the pick up, but all in all that is minor compared to the folks in Texas and people without power around me.
My Dad was an Electrical Engineer for a major power company. He complained about the Texas power grid and deregulations for most of my life... and he was a libertarian

I spoke too soon. SPP just mandated rolling blackouts here. Were were just off for two hours and more are expected. 180,000 out statewide for just OG&E. Not sure about PSO and RECoop numbers.

Screenshot_20210216-085528_Chrome.jpg

I spoke too soon. SPP just mandated rolling blackouts here. Were were just off for two hours and more are expected. 180,000 out statewide for just OG&E. Not sure about PSO and RECoop numbers.

View attachment 637238

We are having "scheduled power outages". I feel very lucky because my heat is through a gas furnace. I'm still screwed when the power goes out, but I have a gas fireplace that I never use. I've been running it the last few days and I'm shocked at how well it actually works . I'm ready for this to move on out. I don't know how the northern folks deal with all winter

I don't have one, so who do I call? just the regular tesla number?

Yes. That's what we did. I didn't have an SA for my Model 3 last quarter, but we had questions this time for my wife's this quarter and called. On the second call, the guy assigned himself to us and sent his info.

We are having "scheduled power outages". I feel very lucky because my heat is through a gas furnace. I'm still screwed when the power goes out, but I have a gas fireplace that I never use. I've been running it the last few days and I'm shocked at how well it actually works . I'm ready for this to move on out. I don't know how the northern folks deal with all winter

We also have gas heat and hot water. We were off for 8 days straight back during the Oct ice storm and only had the gas fireplace for heat and a generator for limited lights. Now we may loose natural gas and power. If the gas goes off, the gas company has to come out to reestablish, It doesn't just come back like power. I may go to KC early if that happens. ;)

Last edited:
My garage is now wired for EV charging and I have the gen 3 wall connector on the wall next to my ICE vehicle lol. It’s done nothing but throw gasoline on the flames of excitement.
I did that too.. Its sounds so weird, but I just want to get my car home so I can plug it in to my new charger.
I feel kinda guilty about that because so many people around me are without power.

Accessories ordered:

All weather mats - Tesla (weathertech)
Wheel hubs (new style)
Hidden case under armrest
Sliding center console storage
Aerospace 303 spray for interior vinyl
Clay bar from chemical guys
303 Graphene Nano Spray
White center console wrap from Active

Did you just buy the hidden case and console storage from Amazon or something? I was looking at the Tesla shop and other reputable sites the other day and didn’t see anything like that. Maybe I just missed them

Accessories ordered:

Wheel hubs (new style)
303 Graphene Nano Spray
White center console wrap from Active

I haven't looked, have they started producing/shipping 21 floormats?
Believe there was a slight change and last I looked (a few weeks) the 21's were not available yet.

Did you just buy the hidden case and console storage from Amazon or something? I was looking at the Tesla shop and other reputable sites the other day and didn’t see anything like that. Maybe I just missed them

not the guy who bought them, but the hidden case under the center console and the sliding console storage both interested me. a quick google search and i found both on amazon made by a company BASENOR. both look good and are reasonable priced. make sure to specify model year 2021 for the sliding console storage.

• Informative
Reactions: M321
Accessories ordered:

Wheel hubs (new style)
303 Graphene Nano Spray
White center console wrap from Abstract Ocean

I was replying on my mobile and it submitted early and incorrectly...

I picked up the clay bar and 303 Graphene spray to try them out on my leased Bolt before I try them on a new M3... lessons better learned on a car I won't be keeping.

additional accessories considering:

Lights - puddle, floor, and the neon ones on amazon. probably too much bling for me but i do love the blue light that runs across and around the inside of the Premier Bolt. It's just enough light to give interior light without interfering with driving.

chains/cables/socks... I realize I get the car in March - after snow season in the NW but we are considering a long trip to Ohio and having these in the car on the trip might be a wise thing.

as previously stated - the spare from Modern Spare

inflation kit (run flat)

rim protectors for wheels for curb rash

I already have an EVSE in my garage with a 220v 30 amp (thank you Blink and the free charger program in 2011). I'll move this from the back of the garage to side in the weeks ahead. I can't see needing more than this for 95% of our uses.

Reactions: M321