Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't complete my purchase last year so it may not have given me Dallas as an option in the end, but in pre-order process Dallas was listed as a location. It could have been just for used Teslas. I was trying to decide between used and new.

When I ordered mine on 1/23, home delivery was the only option. Assume I'll have more options once they actually reach out to schedule delivery.

Tim

I just uploaded my current insurance, and will update it before my delivery day. Pretty sure they just want to see proof of insurance because they accepted my insurance for my Tacoma

In Wa state, you get a few days before you need to add the car to your existing insurance so you are covered driving off the lot. I think the insurance info we share as WA residents is less than others as a result.

Side note. Ordered a few more things this am.. wonder about getting the modern spare tire kit for the car. Thoughts?

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
In Wa state, you get a few days before you need to add the car to your existing insurance so you are covered driving off the lot. I think the insurance info we share as WA residents is less than others as a result.

Side note. Ordered a few more things this am.. wonder about getting the modern spare tire kit for the car. Thoughts?

I've been looking at that kit on amazon. It seems like good peace of mind for the money.

What accessories are you ordering before delivery?

99% sure they ride on a railcar then are trucked to the Service Center, figuring they are giving us dates out 2 weeks, let's hope the weather calms down before then.

We get another 6-8 inches tonight. It's minus -8.5° F right now. It looks like Kansas City is going to barely miss this last round and then a slow warm up. Perhaps STL will miss out as well.

I hope so ... Wife and I already took off work and rented a car. Was thinking of hanging out in KC for a couple of day, If I can forget that superbowl performance before then

I've got my snowmobile rental all setup for the drive to KC Friday.;)

If I see a tent and campfire in the Tesla parking lot, I'll know it's you. :D

• Funny
Reactions: hemikat and tstolze
We get another 6-8 inches tonight. It's minus -8.5° F right now. It looks like Kansas City is going to barely miss this last round and then a slow warm up. Perhaps STL will miss out as well.
I've got my snowmobile rental all setup for the drive to KC Friday.;)

If I see a tent and campfire in the Tesla parking lot, I'll know it's you. :D

That's a good idea. I may have to try this. Sounds like a good clickbaity youtube title too.. Camping in the Tesla Parking lot waiting on my Tesla.

Its -20 degrees here right now. Fiber Internet went out but I have phone wifi for as long as it will last.

• Funny
Reactions: Mark57
That's a good idea. I may have to try this. Sounds like a good clickbaity youtube title too.. Camping in the Tesla Parking lot waiting on my Tesla.

Its -20 degrees here right now. Fiber Internet went out but I have phone wifi for as long as it will last.

Be glad your delivery is not in Plano. No power. Texas is their own power pool by choice from a decision decades ago. We're in the SWPP and so far have avoided the rolling blackouts although it came very close yesterday.

We're getting excited to make the drive Friday. All my reservations are locked in. My only fear is getting a last minute call postponing the appt.